Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 09-16-08, 10:38 AM   #49
stefan9

Default Re: FIFA 09 Demo

Some more wonderfull insight by EA.

Quote:
Before I go on, I'd like to point out that Graphics power and CPU power are two very different technical parameters, and it's because of the CPU power that FIFA09 on PC can not (and does not) have the same architecture as the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 versions. The Graphics are a separate matter, and FIFA09 on PC has leading-edge graphics.

With that said, please allow me to further explain what I said earlier in this thread, as I believe that some of you may have misunderstood;

Quote:
Originally Posted by EAUK_Phenom View Post
The PC version of FIFA 09 is different to the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 versions because of the CPU processing power required for the architecture of the game.

The majority of gamers PC system's do not have enough CPU processing power[1] for this architecture[2], so FIFA09 on PC has been built to have the best possible graphics and gameplay engine while still being accessible to as many fans of the game as possible[3]. If the architecture was identical to the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 versions, FIFA09 on PC would only be accessible to 1-3% of the PC systems on the market.[4]

Having said that, FIFA09 on PC delivers a very deep gameplay engine, along with leading-edge visuals.
[1] I am aware that some PC systems are as capable as the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 (and that some are even more capable than them), but the majority of PC systems aren't (see [4]).

[2] The fact that a PC system can run Gears of War, Call of Duty, Assassin's Creed, etc. is irrelevant: the gameplay architecture of FIFA09 can not be compared to games of a different genre, and it is a fact that the majority of PC systems do not have enough CPU processing power for FIFA09 on PC to be the same as the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 versions.

[3] This means that, although some of your PC's may be able to 'handle' a better gameplay architecture, only 1-3% of PC systems on the market could 'handle' the same gameplay architecture as FIFA09 on the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 (see [4]).

[4] "If the architecture was identical to the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 versions, FIFA09 on PC would only be accessible to 1-3% of the PC systems on the market." That is a fact.

However, because the PC continues to benefit from constant graphics and performance increases (and always will), the FIFA series on the PC will continue to improve each year, and it's architecture will, in time, 'surpass/exceed' the Xbox 360 and the PlayStation 3 versions.
I didn't say that FIFA 2010 on PC will (or won't) be the same as the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 versions of the game (because I do not know whether it will (or won't) be, at this moment in time).

Thank you for the constructive feedback that most of you have provided on this subject, so far.

Phenom
http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/f...ext-gen-2.html
2x2 gig ddr 2 1200 mhz ocz reaper ram
250 gig and 320 gig sata 2 seagate baracuda h/d
intel core2duo e8500
evga geforce 260gtx
sound max dts card
zalman 9500at
windows 7 home premium
stefan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-08, 10:41 AM   #50
sytaylor
Cerebral Barbarian

Football is very rarley that bright. Only on very sunny days.

Surely a little dirt here and there wouldn't go amiss? And turning off digital vibrance or somethin
Yuraku 24" Widescreen monitor

It saddens me that I need the following to post here:

Disclaimer: Any views expressed in the above post under the psuedonym "sytaylor" are entirely subjective and do not reflect the views of any business, company or entity associated with Simon Taylor. The use, copying of or editing of any materials within this post for professional purposes without written permission is stricly prohibitted under the UK Right of Privacy as provided in the Human Rights Act 1998 and the European Convention on Human Rights: Article 10 ECHR. Any attempt to use the information herin shall be subject to the Data Protection Act and Freedom of Information act, with damages being saught for defamation. This disclaimer applies to all text, images or media on this domain.

You have been warned.
My Blog
sytaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-08, 06:41 AM   #51
Raiasokura

Have played fifa09 on the pc and 360, i personally think it looks better on the pc version wasnt that impressed with the 360 demo.
Corsair Dominators 8-8-8-24 1600Mhz
Creative X-fi
Corsair TX750w
Raiasokura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-08, 07:22 AM   #52
nekrosoft13
I'm Geralt

Quote:
Originally Posted by slaWter View Post
Sounds like FIFA is harder on the CPU than FSX... yeah right, 1-3% my ass.
they are just looking for excuses.