Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Microsoft Windows XP And Vista

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 05-16-03, 07:34 PM   #1
Pureevil
The Void

Default How do I boot XPpro from scsi raid?

XP refuses to use the driver for the card and the driver is the final release, and I want to migrate to xp, please help!
Old 05-17-03, 09:59 AM   #2
Riptide

More info would be helpful... Which SCSI raid controller are you using? If it's an adaptec, check out their support section. They have documents on how to configure their adapters and the array which should explain a lot.
Riptide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-03, 10:14 AM   #3
poursoul
i eat people

most of the time your mobo bios will have an option to boot from SCSI. if it doesn't then there may be other things such as choosing an exact hard drive to boot from. You should also look into the BIOS in your SCSI card, Maybe there is a setting to make your raid the bootable device.
poursoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-03, 10:25 AM   #4
Riptide

Right on poursoul, there is a setting for Adaptec controllers. When the SCSI BIOS comes up you hit CTRL+A I believe and go into the "SCSI Select" utility. It's in there that you configure and build your array as well as make it bootable. There may be more to it but that's as far into the dox as I got before I decided to not bother with striping... To much money as I'd have to dump my current controller as well as lose one of my drives space-wise. But, it'd be a screamer.
Riptide is offline   Reply With Quote