Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > MMORPGs

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 10-03-08, 01:03 PM   #61
Tr1cK
not coming back

Default Re: Official Warhammer Online : Age of Reckoning thread

I would, but some RL friends are on Bechafen and I don't have enough time to play more than 1 toon.

I'll make an alt there though. I'm thinking Shaman.
Tr1cK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-08, 01:06 PM   #62
|MaguS|

Have them join aswell!
Old 10-03-08, 01:07 PM   #63
Ninjaman09
Takin 'er easy

Is Tower of Doom a core ruleset server or open RvR?
CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX
Dell U2410
Ninjaman09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-08, 01:08 PM   #64
|MaguS|

It's RvR and I know you can attack other factions but if there not flagged you don't get credit for the kill...
Old 10-03-08, 01:18 PM   #65
Tr1cK
not coming back

Tower of Doom is a core rule set which is why my friends won't play on it.

edit: Now that I look into it more, I don't think I'll be playing on it. Destruction badly outnumbers Order on it the same as most servers. I like my quick scenario ques too much.

The way the game is made, it's essential to have a decent faction balance. It's no fun for one side to hold all the keeps all the time with no competition from the other side. Also, it won't be fun when Destruction just walks through the main cities with little resistance.

Order FTW!

This is an open invite to all to join our guild on Bechafan Open RvR Order side!
Old 10-03-08, 01:25 PM   #66
Ninjaman09
Takin 'er easy

OK well since it's core I'll be playing on it. Open servers are nothing but ganking and no benefits.

However I'll make an order character on your server also just to see. I would prefer faster queues.
CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX
Dell U2410
Old 10-03-08, 01:26 PM   #67
Tr1cK
not coming back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjaman09 View Post
OK well since it's core I'll be playing on it. Open servers are nothing but ganking and no benefits.
It's hardcore mode man!
Old 10-03-08, 01:29 PM   #68
Ninjaman09
Takin 'er easy

Yeah I wish it were true. Conceptually I'd prefer the open servers but in practice they offer nothing but slowed character progression and frustration. I don't take much pride in ganking lowbies for hours like many seem to.
CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX
Dell U2410

Old 10-03-08, 01:49 PM   #69
Tr1cK
not coming back

You don't have slow progression in this game due to ganking. You have slower progression in the game if you are on the more populated faction. PvE questing for levels is optional.
  1. You gain EXP at a very nice rate by doing scenarios (BGs). I got 1/3rd of a level with one victory when I was around level 3-4. There are also quests to turn in for each scenario to speed this up even more.
  2. Your ques for the scenarios pop more often if you are on the lower populated faction.

I'm leveling faster by just doing scenarios and a little bit of PvE questing because I'm Order than if I was doing PvE questing with some scenarios as Destruction.

This isn't like WoW which has no upside to being on a RvR server. The key changes are that you are always flagged and that you can go into another tier lower than you can on a core server without turning into a chicken. Basically, the battles are tougher and more often.
Old 10-03-08, 02:49 PM   #70
CaptnStubing

Quote:
My warrior specced protection was my favorite class by far. Naturally I am eying the Black Orc very closely. I love the aesthetics and tone of the Greenskins.

If any of my multiple rerolls taught me anything it's that I prefer melee classes, preferably defensive-oriented but strong enough to hold their own.

BTW probably picking this up after work today!
Black Orc and Chosen One are fun as heck. Their taunt even works in PVP. If you taunt someone they do less damage until they hit you a couple of time. It is a brilliant use of one of the tank's core abilities.

One thing that I do not like is the fact that healers are almost impossible to kill unless you have 4 people all hitting them. They need to fix that. Bright Wizards are over powered but the more gear people get the more you can chew them up and spit them out.

One thing that really does bug me are the renown rewards. They suck unless you are into toughness and wounds stats as tanks are. I have only taken a couple of jewelry items from there. The rest of the time I never bothered to go to a keep to get any of that crap. The only good items are from influence points.
CaptnStubing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-08, 02:50 PM   #71
CaptnStubing

Quote:

However I'll make an order character on your server also just to see. I would prefer faster queues.
Come to Tower of Doom on destruction side. Order side is simply gay.
CaptnStubing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-08, 02:51 PM   #72
Ninjaman09
Takin 'er easy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tr1cK View Post
You don't have slow progression in this game due to ganking. You have slower progression in the game if you are on the more populated faction. PvE questing for levels is optional.
  1. You gain EXP at a very nice rate by doing scenarios (BGs). I got 1/3rd of a level with one victory when I was around level 3-4. There are also quests to turn in for each scenario to speed this up even more.
  2. Your ques for the scenarios pop more often if you are on the lower populated faction.

I'm leveling faster by just doing scenarios and a little bit of PvE questing because I'm Order than if I was doing PvE questing with some scenarios as Destruction.

This isn't like WoW which has no upside to being on a RvR server. The key changes are that you are always flagged and that you can go into another tier lower than you can on a core server without turning into a chicken. Basically, the battles are tougher and more often.
Well I always say don't knock it till you try it.

I guess I'll be seeing you soon ingame, going to Best Buy in a little bit.
CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX
Dell U2410