Tyr-Sog
goS-ryT

Default Re: F YOU BLIZZARD! F U

Old 09-22-08, 03:34 PM   #38
CaptnStubing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyr-Sog View Post

Just don't give me any of that sugar-free crap Bill.
CaptnStubing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-08, 06:15 PM   #39
Rakeesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monolyth View Post
I know dude, scary stuff. The moment I heard that people "got in line" for the bank, I thought to myself...psycho...
ROFL they really do that?

Damn how would you play on an RP server without getting the feeling that you might be a homo all the time?

Core i7 2600k 4.4Ghz 1.385v | Corsair H60 | 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 8-8-8-24 | MSI P67A-G45 | OCZ Vertex 3 | Sapphire 7850 OC to Max settings

Rakeesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-08, 06:23 PM   #40
Dvahlish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearclaw View Post
Wow is ****ing retarded. It's for fags that have no life. You shouldn't have been playing in the first place.
On the other hand, insulting someone in a forum for a game that they have no interest in....is for people with a very active and fullfilled life obviously.
Old 09-22-08, 10:01 PM   #41
Phyre

I used to play on Earthen Ring. I never got in line for the bank.

I stopped playing after we downed Illidan. I haven't been in the game since March. Account has been canceled.
Phyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-08, 01:52 PM   #42
Son Goku

Ya know, one thing I could do without; though it really is an improvement, is shamies getting CC... Why do I say this? I hade CC'ing, and yes I know it's I'd rather be a little lazy

My first char I took very far (forget the paly; I wasn't much interested in healing then, so didn't play him long, or too far into ZG) was a hunter. And I saw just how bad nerfs on traps can make it. Unlike priest/mage CC which doesn't tend to resist, and can be re-applied without CC, the hunter's traps had got repetitively gimped. Among other things was the lengthening of the CD to 30 secs (used to be 15 secs with 20 sec duration), and then the addition of resistences, with a possible linking of the thing to a rather useless spell hit rating (no hunter in their right mind would trade up spell hit for normal hit till cap, and agi/ap).

End result... Pre-TBC, I never saw a trap resist, this included not only lvling, but raids as well. Now there were challenges that post-TBC didn't see; ala without MD, the old method was to run in, grab mob, kite to tank waiting for target, then feign death about the same time the tank taunts off one... But nothing like the first time one stepped in kara; before people could dispense with CC. Moroes was a b*tch at first, and one I never expected from the entire time I raided pre-TBC.

However, with paly tanks, and people running around in tier 5 and/or 6; people don't CC that much anymore, and outside of that new 5 man at sunwell plateu; not at all... Yes, after one's done 40 min heroic SP runs, and CC-less h shat halls, shadow labs, and just about everything else; people don't want to have to bother with it.

So, my main is now a elemental shamy, which is split with 1 tier 6, 1 tier 4, about 5 BT boss drops, a Hyjal drop (these are outside the tier 6), and the rest is mostly kara about. It isn't hard to get a heroic run, or a kara badge run, without CCing... People look at the gear, and it's like "ok" even if they asked for CC at start.

I swear, pre-2.4 or whatever it was; I never had a trap resist lvling a hunter, now tried another on another realm the fricken thing resists many times per hour even at 25. That's why I changed to a class that can't CC; I got sick of it And as to the argument they pay for it working on multiple mob types (not all though) by it being less reliable; that's the point. If everyone knew it wouldn't work, they'd stop asking so the burden wouldn't be on one

Right now, I can envision one being wanted to CC (hopefully not as time consuming as all the resists and CD give hunters), DPS, and pick up the slack for the healers (which one does presently) all at once
Son Goku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-08, 01:24 AM   #43
Rakeesh

Eh, don't worry about shammy CC. It counts as a polymorph mechanic with dispell flag of curse. Druid, mage AND resto shamans can dispell it. If you are going up against any team that has a druid in it, don't even bother with it at all, if you cast it on the druid he'll shapeshift out of it, if you cast it on somebody else the druid will dispell it.

Course you won't care about the above unless you PVP

Still though, it'll be fun giving shamans every bit as much hell as I give mages.

Core i7 2600k 4.4Ghz 1.385v | Corsair H60 | 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 8-8-8-24 | MSI P67A-G45 | OCZ Vertex 3 | Sapphire 7850 OC to Max settings

Old 10-01-08, 02:10 PM   #44
Son Goku

I was thinking more in terms of heroics and raids. Hitherto, no one asks or expects a shamy to CC... But if the added functionality means an extra expectation placed upon them....

I was quite litterly like wtf? and a bit annoyed when I saw what had become of trapping on my hunter when I first saw Moroes... The whole time through ZG, AQ, MC pre-TBC had nothing "that bad" in that regard. And as to other stuff; like kiting drak and feign pulling onto tank, well people were used to it.

Now DPS shamies can have an extra roll already; as they can be expected to off heal, even while they're DPSing. Sorry to say, but managing totems, DPSing, and healing can be enough on one's plate. Now have to sit there and tend to a CC (if it's as time consuming as hunter traps was made after several nerfs); even while people complain you didn't off heal them, and any healer will know how that complaint can go "I died because you didn't heal me, waaaa", and being expected to lead the DPS meter all the while.... And besides, one's backup; but someone can't avoid spout for instance as they get n00b blazzered by lurker, someone can't use their tiers with archii right, etc...

I'm sorry, but if a person has to go kiting mobs around and tend to a trap as a full time career; one can't be off DPSing hard on... Well if it's more reliable from a PvE standpoint as sheep; it will lessen that a bit. I still prefer not being asked to CC
Son Goku is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-01-08, 02:28 PM   #45
Rakeesh

Hmm....I've never seen anybody get upset for somebody else not offhealing. With the improved roots, druids will have a new raid CC as well, though as a tank I don't think I'll be using it much.

Old 10-01-08, 09:22 PM   #46
firehawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaWolf_HK View Post
ROFL they really do that?

Damn how would you play on an RP server without getting the feeling that you might be a homo all the time?
i got yelled at for running in SW park.....and got reported for using "rofl"

firehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-08, 01:54 AM   #47
Rakeesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by firehawk View Post
i got yelled at for running in SW park.....and got reported for using "rofl"

Blizzard will take action against you for saying rofl on an rp server?

EDIT: http://www.wowwiki.com/Roleplaying_FAQ#In-Game

Damn. People actually do this?

Old 10-06-08, 07:34 PM   #48
Dvahlish

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaWolf_HK View Post
Blizzard will take action against you for saying rofl on an rp server?

EDIT: http://www.wowwiki.com/Roleplaying_FAQ#In-Game

Damn. People actually do this?
Apparently they do...and apparently some people actually like playing on RP servers.
God knows why...it seems anal and tedious to me, but thats OK...because I dont choose to play on one