Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > Crysis

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 09-30-08, 10:38 PM   #1
Crow_Nest
Ace Spammer

Send a message via MSN to Crow_Nest
Default Activation problem (wtf?)

Yesterday i installed warhead on my pc, but suddenly the game .exe file disappeared by itself! And it only happened after a reboot when i installed comodo firewall pro. So anyway i had to reinstall the game totally, what a waste of time. So i did and it worked again.

Just few minutes ago i installed crysis wars. Installation ran fine until i got to the point i have to do the online activation. So i did, and they said it was successful. Then i tried to run the game it gives me an error that says the crysis.exe was missing from the directory. And the funny thing was the .exe was located in a TEMPORARY folder in the C:/ drive. So i had to reinstall crysis wars, then reactivate it again. But this time i couldnt even pass the activation! Come on, WTF? Does all this bull**** have anything to do with the gay authentication? I cant believe i actually paid for this.
| Hitachi 1TB SATA3 HDD | Asus P8Z68-V/GEN3 | Cooler Master Silent Pro M 700W |
| Cooler Master Centurion 5 II Casing | Samsung SyncMaster XL2370 |

Laptop : Lenovo IdeaPad Y450
| Windows 7 Ultimate x64 | Intel Core 2 Duo T6600 2.2 GHz | NVIDIA GeForce G110M 256MB |
| 4GB DDR3 SDRAM | Western Digital 320GB | 14.1' LED Backlit Screen |

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=73666&dateline=135279  2183
Crow_Nest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-08, 03:34 AM   #2
DJMONDY

Default Re: Installation problem (wtf?)

Im not having the same problem as you (yet!) but im also annoyed i bought this game. I didnt realise that an online activation was needed and i havnt got internet connection at home so now i cant even play the damn thing. what the hell do i need to have an online activation for???!!!???

Only other issue thats similar to you is i cant find the exe. i havnt got a clue where the game has installed to. nothing in start menu and nothing in anywhere from what i can see.

What the hell is this crap!

Only way i know the game has installed is that i took bloody ages to install and when i put the cd in "play" is highlighted in the menu, but can i play? noooooooooooooooo....needs a stupid online activation.

What about the people who have bills and a house to pay for and havnt got internet ay...Pathetic imo!!
DJMONDY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-08, 06:31 AM   #3
Crow_Nest
Ace Spammer

Yeah it sucks

Just tried reinstalling crysis wars again. Turns out that when i run the game for the first time, crysis_activation.exe runs in the background but nothing pops out at all! It is only until i had to kill the process off, run the game again, the authentication window pops out and validates it but says it failed. And i noticed that the moment i run the game for the first time, crysis.exe disappears from the Bin32 folder! Making a backup of the .exe doesnt do any good. It just disappears again when i try it another time.

Is there any way around this? I paid for the damn game and i cant even go multiplayer! At times like these i just wished i could have pirated it. -.-

| Windows 7 Ultimate x64 | Intel Core 2 Duo T6600 2.2 GHz | NVIDIA GeForce G110M 256MB |

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=73666&dateline=135279  2183
Old 10-01-08, 07:34 AM   #4
agentkay

Crysis Wars doesn't even NEED to get activated, you just need your keycode (at the back of the manual) if you want to play MP online, and it doesn't even need that for LAN MP.

Crysis Warhead (SP) needs online authentication and it says so at the "Minimum Requirements" on the box. Come on guys, its not that hard to figure out, if your computer hardware doesn't meet the min. requirements it won't run either.

Sure it sucks for you, if you legally bought the game, but you can either return it or look for the crack to by-pass the activation, which in such case (a legally bought game) would be an understandable move.

Intel I7-920 aircooled by Prolimatech Megahalems @ 3.8Ghz (200x19) | Gigabyte GA-X58-UD3R | OCZ Platinum 3x2GB DDR3-1600 RAM (7-7-7-24) @ 1600 | Gainward GTX 480 | WD Raptor 74GB + 150GB + Samsung 1TB | Soundblaster X-Fi Platinum | Corsair AX850 Gold | Coolermaster Stacker 830 silver | Logitech Z-5500 Digital 5.1 | Logitech G15 keyboard | Logitech G25 Racing Wheel | Sharp LC-46 XL1E (gaming and work)
F CliffyB.
agentkay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-08, 07:54 AM   #5
DJMONDY

Ive legally bought the game and my pc meets the requirements to play but why would i need online activation for the sp game...you have to admit its a bit stupid.

Is there a patch or something i can do to get past this online activation for the sp. i havnt got internet yet but will do in the future, houses and bills a really expensive and i cant spare money at the mo for an internet connection but i should be able to play the game ive bought straight out of the box.
DJMONDY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-08, 08:58 AM   #6
Crow_Nest
Ace Spammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by agentkay View Post
Crysis Wars doesn't even NEED to get activated, you just need your keycode (at the back of the manual) if you want to play MP online, and it doesn't even need that for LAN MP.

Crysis Warhead (SP) needs online authentication and it says so at the "Minimum Requirements" on the box. Come on guys, its not that hard to figure out, if your computer hardware doesn't meet the min. requirements it won't run either.

Sure it sucks for you, if you legally bought the game, but you can either return it or look for the crack to by-pass the activation, which in such case (a legally bought game) would be an understandable move.
If crysis wars doesnt need activation then why did mine require activation? And crysis wars only asked for my CD key when i logged into MP for the first time. And as you can tell from my sig my PC is far beyond the minimum requirements.

I got it to activate and work already anyway. No idea how, but i think it was because i did a reboot and it just worked after a few more attempts at the activation. I noticed that what it does is basically downloads/changes the crysis.exe files in the Bin32 folder (Noticed a difference in file size) so if that is the case you can just backup the already activated .exes and replace the unactivated ones during future installations. Not sure if it'll work, but its worth a try.

Old 10-01-08, 09:26 AM   #7
Lfctony

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJMONDY View Post
Im not having the same problem as you (yet!) but im also annoyed i bought this game. I didnt realise that an online activation was needed and i havnt got internet connection at home so now i cant even play the damn thing. what the hell do i need to have an online activation for???!!!???

Only other issue thats similar to you is i cant find the exe. i havnt got a clue where the game has installed to. nothing in start menu and nothing in anywhere from what i can see.

What the hell is this crap!

Only way i know the game has installed is that i took bloody ages to install and when i put the cd in "play" is highlighted in the menu, but can i play? noooooooooooooooo....needs a stupid online activation.

What about the people who have bills and a house to pay for and havnt got internet ay...Pathetic imo!!
The game is has been cracked, where there is will there is a way... At least for Warhead.
Fafnir: Intel Core 2 Quad 6600@3.2Ghz|eVGA 780i SLI|PNY GTX480 |Kingston DDR667 4096MB|WD Black Caviar 500GB|Seagate SATA 250GB|Seagate SATA 200GB| Seagate SATA 160GB|OptiArc AD-7173S DVDRW|Nec 3351 DVDRW|Creative X-FI XM|LG Flatron W2261V|Logitech X-530|Thermaltake Armor|Amptac 850W SLI PSU|Logitech G9 Mouse|Xigmatek HDT S-1283 CPU Cooler|Windows 7/FW 257.21

PS2 - Wii - Xbox - Xbox360 - PSP - GC - PS3 Owner

Boycott Starforce...

Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes?
Lfctony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-08, 12:58 PM   #8
agentkay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crow_Nest View Post
If crysis wars doesnt need activation then why did mine require activation? And crysis wars only asked for my CD key when i logged into MP for the first time. And as you can tell from my sig my PC is far beyond the minimum requirements.

I got it to activate and work already anyway. No idea how, but i think it was because i did a reboot and it just worked after a few more attempts at the activation. I noticed that what it does is basically downloads/changes the crysis.exe files in the Bin32 folder (Noticed a difference in file size) so if that is the case you can just backup the already activated .exes and replace the unactivated ones during future installations. Not sure if it'll work, but its worth a try.
Here is the source that I didn't remember and therefore didn't state correctly in my previous post:

"We also know that multiplayer gamers have different needs, so Crysis Wars does not have an activation limit, but requires the game to be unlocked online once you start the game for the first time. Afterwards it will be possible to play in LAN without any online connection. The CD-key is only required when playing online." http://www.crymod.com/thread.php?threadid=36974

And when I referred to "min. requirements" I was just pointing out what it says on my game box: "Connection to the Internet is required, Online-authentication and acception of the EULA are required to be able to play the game".

This does mean basically that its a requirement to play the game, just like you need a GPU with SM3 support etc, etc.

Intel I7-920 aircooled by Prolimatech Megahalems @ 3.8Ghz (200x19) | Gigabyte GA-X58-UD3R | OCZ Platinum 3x2GB DDR3-1600 RAM (7-7-7-24) @ 1600 | Gainward GTX 480 | WD Raptor 74GB + 150GB + Samsung 1TB | Soundblaster X-Fi Platinum | Corsair AX850 Gold | Coolermaster Stacker 830 silver | Logitech Z-5500 Digital 5.1 | Logitech G15 keyboard | Logitech G25 Racing Wheel | Sharp LC-46 XL1E (gaming and work)
F CliffyB.
agentkay is offline   Reply With Quote