hehehe bitboys will rule you all so shut up all you fan boys out there

heheheheh
retsam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-02, 08:13 PM   #62
netviper13
Treehugger

Quote:
Originally posted by ATI LoVeR 9700

Have you used a Radeon within the past 6 months?
Sure haven't, but the public shouldn't have to wait for 6-8 months before they can get a card with stable drivers. Sure as of this point, ATI's drivers are as stable as nVidia's, but remember than the R300 drivers are completely starting over.

If ATI's release of the 9700 goes anything like the release of the 8500, I won't be touching it with a three-foot pole.

BTW, give it up already, we know you hate nVidia and we know that you don't have anything of value to say, so please don't post here anymore
netviper13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-02, 08:37 PM   #63
Remi

Talking

Originally posted by Cotita
>Some people state that these pic were rendered with a nv30 using a cg plug-in for Exluna's rendering software.
Damn! Who? We want the names of the culprits! :P

>I find that very difficult to believe, if nVidia had access to all these scenes then why not render them with a different angle or camera view? I mean, is it that difficult to change the camera angle in 3dsMAX?

Because I think this is at least in part addressed to me, allow me to try to give an answer (even if it might not be the one you expect).

Who cares if it was rendered or not on an nv30? I don't. What I am interested to know is if that CAN be rendered on an nv30. The chip does not need to be there already, it can be emulated (simulated on a computer, if you prefer) and those pictures can be rendered on the emulator. You have to remember that the chip designers do not have copies of their chips until their work is almost completely finished, very late in the whole process.

Even more, I don't even care if they were not re-rendered using the emulator as long as the shaders used can be rewrote to run on the nv30.

Remember that shaders are very small programs, and giving the specs already released at Siggraph, I have little doubt those shaders can be very easily programmed on an nv30. To tell the truth that even really seems like a piece of cake given the card's specs.

Also, it should take less than a second to render, right?

It would be good but that's not absolutely needed. From what we know at this time, what is needed is a rendering time that digital content creators will see as acceptable, and that can be more than one second. However, I expect and hope that the card will do rendering of such pictures faster than 1fps. How fast, I do not know.

I don't think that nVidia needs this kind of hoaxes

Is it a hoax?

If one tells people that there will be FPS games looking like this on the shelves this winter, this is definitely a hoax!

If one tells those pics can be rendered on an nv30 chip, that is a whole other thing... It may turns out to be false, but that does seem very unlikely.

The nv30 is sure to rock the 3d world all over again.

Looks like it might well!

Last edited by Remi; 07-28-02 at 08:51 PM.
Remi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-02, 09:25 PM   #64
StealthHawk

Quote:
Originally posted by K.I.L.E.R
What flame war?
SH I seen some benches somewhere that a Ti 4600 was getting a 3dmark of around 4600 while R300 10k both cards with max settings. This was recently (within the month).
yeah, but D3D AF is broken with the GF4, so it's not a true comparison. there's no reason to believe it won't be "fixed" for NV30. and by fixed, i mean it will be at least at the same level as OGL AF is now. it's not unreasonable at all to assume that OGL(and D3D) will be further optimized with NV30. apparently since with the latest Riva Tuner OGL receives yet another 10% performance increase, it seems like nvidia is optimizing AF even on the gf3/4 as we speak
Old 07-28-02, 09:27 PM   #65
StealthHawk

Quote:
Originally posted by legion88

The definition of the word "vaporware" is depended on who is using it at the time. One individual a couple of years back claimed that the GeForce256 DDR was "vaporware" because he only could find two at his local store.
that's a very poor use of the word then
Old 07-28-02, 09:29 PM   #66
StealthHawk

Quote:
Originally posted by [Corporal Dan]

So 1 Ghz mem will compensate for the lack of 256 bit bus?
check the NV30 thread in the rumor forum. supposedly NV30 will use a 256bit bus now whatever, i will believe it when i see it, either way. <-- waiting for the formal NV30 paper launch
Old 07-28-02, 10:58 PM   #67
GamblerFEXonlin
polygons are fun!

Send a message via ICQ to GamblerFEXonlin
Thumbs down

Ok, so the NV30 can render a bike, wow that bike is probably no more than 300000Polygons, which my friends GF2MX can render at 60FPS. No, where is the demo that shows a game with 25 such bikes plus a pretty detailed track?

PC Polygon performance article

Last edited by GamblerFEXonlin; 03-28-04 at 10:50 PM.
GamblerFEXonlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-02, 11:39 PM   #68
Kruno
TypeDef's assistant

Send a message via ICQ to Kruno Send a message via AIM to Kruno

ROTFLMAO @ that response. Who is he?

Quote:
Originally posted by [Corporal Dan]

Not you again.

Old 07-29-02, 12:56 AM   #69
Cotita
Nvidia God

Quote:
Originally posted by Remi
Originally posted by Cotita
>Some people state that these pic were rendered with a nv30 using a cg plug-in for Exluna's rendering software.
Damn! Who? We want the names of the culprits! :P

I've seen several people stating similar comments on different sites, no need to give names.

>I find that very difficult to believe, if nVidia had access to all these scenes then why not render them with a different angle or camera view? I mean, is it that difficult to change the camera angle in 3dsMAX?

Because I think this is at least in part addressed to me, allow me to try to give an answer (even if it might not be the one you expect).

Who cares if it was rendered or not on an nv30? I don't. What I am interested to know is if that CAN be rendered on an nv30. The chip does not need to be there already, it can be emulated (simulated on a computer, if you prefer) and those pictures can be rendered on the emulator. You have to remember that the chip designers do not have copies of their chips until their work is almost completely finished, very late in the whole process.

Even more, I don't even care if they were not re-rendered using the emulator as long as the shaders used can be rewrote to run on the nv30.

Remember that shaders are very small programs, and giving the specs already released at Siggraph, I have little doubt those shaders can be very easily programmed on an nv30. To tell the truth that even really seems like a piece of cake given the card's specs.

It's not addressed to anyone in particular. You ask who cares?, I do. Since the geforce 2 nVidia has promised cinematic quality rendering for games. When I saw some pictures of the geforce3 final fantasy render, I noticed that they were from the original movie and not the render itself. Seeing the video of the actual rendering showed that even though it look awesome, we were not there yet. The NV30 promises not only to take us a step closer, but to make a quantum jump to make cinematic quality realtime rendering a reality.[/b]

I don't think that nVidia needs this kind of hoaxes

Is it a hoax?

If one tells people that there will be FPS games looking like this on the shelves this winter, this is definitely a hoax!

If one tells those pics can be rendered on an nv30 chip, that is a whole other thing... It may turns out to be false, but that does seem very unlikely.

Is it not? there is no way to know for sure until its released.[/b]

The nv30 is sure to rock the 3d world all over again.

Looks like it might well! [/b]

Last edited by Cotita; 07-29-02 at 10:42 AM.
Cotita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-02, 01:31 AM   #70
netviper13
Treehugger

Quote:
Originally posted by K.I.L.E.R
ROTFLMAO @ that response. Who is he?

If you really want to know, go read the thread at Rage3D that was created about nV News being down. I think you will notice a connection with a certain ***_Lover. That same dude is here (formerly GF3 Sucks, GF3 Ti500 Sucks, etc).
netviper13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-02, 01:34 AM   #71
StealthHawk

which brings up the point: CGI based movies aren't at reality level yet, no graphics can will do it this year. or next

although yes, if games looked like Final Fantasy i wouldn't be complaining and in fact would be very thankful. but the fact is, even if the hardware could do it, the games wouldn't look like that. so it really doesn't matter.
Old 07-29-02, 01:35 AM   #72
volt

umm...why not leave him alone and go along with our own stuff?
fine if he doesn't behave then *make him go away*
volt is offline   Reply With Quote