Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 01-08-09, 06:14 AM   #109
nekrosoft13
I'm Geralt

Default Re: Saints Row 2 Release date?

that is mailman2 screenshot

just wanted to post it in fullscreen, and say this. THAT LOOKS HORRIBLE.
Old 01-08-09, 06:32 AM   #110
crainger

Send a message via AIM to crainger

::

What did they do wrong? ::
crainger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-09, 06:41 AM   #111
wysiwyg

GTAIV - FTW

SR2 - FTL
wysiwyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-09, 07:01 AM   #112
crainger

Send a message via AIM to crainger

Saints is a good game, if you can get it to run ok.
crainger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-09, 07:03 AM   #113
nekrosoft13
I'm Geralt

visually it looks like ass, plus there is no demo. seeing those screenshots I would never buy the game
Old 01-08-09, 07:08 AM   #114
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Send a message via AIM to NarcissistZero

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekrosoft13 View Post
visually it looks like ass, plus there is no demo. seeing those screenshots I would never buy the game
He has a lot of effects turned off... that's also why he says it runs good for him, I imagine. Although I can't get it to run good on any setting... I actually play the game with everything completely maxed now, because I get the same damn performance anyway.

Anyway, the game is not super pretty by any means but that shot is not indicative of its quality. I'll take some more today and post them.
I gots one of them high powered gaming computers with an EVGA GTX 480 video thingy and a Q9550 processing device and also one of them Windows 7 64 operating programs with 4GB of some Corsair 1033 DDR2 ram.

Steam, Xbox Live and PSN: StingingVelvet
NarcissistZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-09, 07:51 AM   #115
mailman2
Ducking & Dodging

Nekro - it's not always about how it looks. I'll tell you what driving has a pretty lame feel, it's nothing like GTA IV. But the missions are damn fun. People shouting and yelling like GTA IV. It reminds me more of Just Cause. Which was a game I enjoyed for the gameplay NOT the graphics. If you can get over the graphics not being next gen and just enjoy the gameplay then it's worth it. Remember this is a $39, not $49 game too so I believe they realize it's not Crysis or GTA IV.

Why can't Saints Row 2 just be Saints Row 2 and not the dated cousin of GTA IV? The game is alot of fun as it is, I think people need to realize this and stop comparing it to GTA IV and just accept it as SR2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Lee View Post
Oh, if the whole world had only one neck for me to squeeze in my hands...
mailman2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-09, 07:57 AM   #116
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Send a message via AIM to NarcissistZero

Quote:
Originally Posted by mailman2 View Post
Why can't Saints Row 2 just be Saints Row 2 and not the dated cousin of GTA IV? The game is alot of fun as it is, I think people need to realize this and stop comparing it to GTA IV and just accept it as SR2.
If the game was not so close to Grand Theft Auto in gameplay and style people would not compare them, but they are. Is it unfair to compare GRAW to Arma? Crysis to Farcry 2? If someone asked "which fps should I buy" wouldn't we compare fps games?
I gots one of them high powered gaming computers with an EVGA GTX 480 video thingy and a Q9550 processing device and also one of them Windows 7 64 operating programs with 4GB of some Corsair 1033 DDR2 ram.

Steam, Xbox Live and PSN: StingingVelvet
NarcissistZero is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-08-09, 08:00 AM   #117
wysiwyg

it has copied too much of GTA not to be associated
Old 01-08-09, 08:01 AM   #118
mailman2
Ducking & Dodging

You could say Just Cause was a GTA knock off, but no one did. Because they didnt come out near each other. Thats the only reason there is such a comparison.

I didn't find Crysis and Far Cry 2 to be the same kinda game either. Crysis was on rails, the suit was an advantage to the player. Far Cry 2 favored the PC AI NOT the gamer and the open play was nice to just drive around and explore. Not even close to me.

I guess some people accept games on their own merits and others need to be able to compare them TO something else.

Quote:
Old 01-08-09, 08:12 AM   #119
wysiwyg

Quote:
Originally Posted by mailman2 View Post
You could say Just Cause was a GTA knock off, but no one did. Because they didnt come out near each other. Thats the only reason there is such a comparison.

I didn't find Crysis and Far Cry 2 to be the same kinda game either. Crysis was on rails, the suit was an advantage to the player. Far Cry 2 favored the PC AI NOT the gamer and the open play was nice to just drive around and explore. Not even close to me.

I guess some people accept games on their own merits and others need to be able to compare them TO something else.
far cry 2 and crysis are nothign alike

FC2 is ****

crysis is like far cry but they are like father and son and both much better than the wannabe FC2
Old 01-08-09, 08:17 AM   #120
mailman2
Ducking & Dodging

Quote:
Originally Posted by wysiwyg View Post
far cry 2 and crysis are nothign alike

FC2 is ****

crysis is like far cry but they are like father and son and both much better than the wannabe FC2
Far Cry 2 was a great game. It took awhile for me to actually enjoy it. Once you get the hang of the bus system missions are much easier. Again, I think it's just people have different tastes in games. I thought the Witcher and Spore were two of the worst games this year. Others would argue they are the best. So what you call **** I enjoyed and vice versa. I will probably enjoy SR2 as well and most of you wont give it a chance because of the screenshots. You loss

Quote: