Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 01-08-09, 12:31 PM   #133
Destroy

Default Re: Saints Row 2 Release date?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8900gt View Post
these are the PC Screenshoots I saw in Gamespot, what's the ****!
*REMOVED BULLSHOTS*
Wow, my maxed out game does NOT look like those very nice screens. Are we sure Codemasters didn't do this game? Heh.

Vista64 Home Premium
Gigabyte GA-EP35C-DS3R
CPU E8500 with Corsair H50 cooler
HIS 6970, always 19x10res
Memory 8 Gig OCZ 1000@1024
Display Westinghouse 37" LVM-37w1 LCD monitor
Destroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-09, 12:33 PM   #134
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Send a message via AIM to NarcissistZero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destroy View Post
Wow, my maxed out game does NOT look like those very nice screens. Are we sure Codemasters didn't do this game? Heh.
What's the difference? Those looked like max settings to me... unfortunately I have to set the lighting, shadows and ambient settings lower to run the game at all well. I have tested it at max though and it looks like those screens pretty much.

Again, the compressed shots posted in this thread do not do the crisp, vibrant look of the game justice.
I gots one of them high powered gaming computers with an EVGA GTX 480 video thingy and a Q9550 processing device and also one of them Windows 7 64 operating programs with 4GB of some Corsair 1033 DDR2 ram.

Steam, Xbox Live and PSN: StingingVelvet
NarcissistZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-09, 12:44 PM   #135
Destroy

Maybe it's the time of day lighting. But everything is looks more crisp, vibrant and sharp in the bullshots. I've tried to take nice screens and none look like the bullshots posted. The bullshots are at some sort of golden hour or stormy, maybe I haven't seen either of those lightings yet.

Vista64 Home Premium
Gigabyte GA-EP35C-DS3R
Old 01-08-09, 01:00 PM   #136
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Well again, that's a jpeg. The only thing those PR shots have is a crispness and vibrancy our shots lack, but I think that's mostly the compression in the images.

In any event, I don't think the shots are off enough to get upset about... all PR shots are massivley upscaled and have tremedously high AA and AF and all that jazz.
I gots one of them high powered gaming computers with an EVGA GTX 480 video thingy and a Q9550 processing device and also one of them Windows 7 64 operating programs with 4GB of some Corsair 1033 DDR2 ram.

Old 01-08-09, 01:08 PM   #137
Destroy

I have yet to see any blue sky or puffy clouds or sun. Do they ever come out? The sky is just a white blur all the time.

Vista64 Home Premium
Gigabyte GA-EP35C-DS3R
Old 01-08-09, 02:08 PM   #138
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Quote:
I have yet to see any blue sky or puffy clouds or sun. Do they ever come out? The sky is just a white blur all the time.
It does seem hazy and gray all the time, doesn't it? I have seen it nice and sunny though...

Old 01-08-09, 02:56 PM   #139
wysiwyg

what about using png file format
wysiwyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-09, 04:14 PM   #140
crainger

Send a message via AIM to crainger

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekrosoft13 View Post
visually it looks like ass, plus there is no demo. seeing those screenshots I would never buy the game
You have a 360, rent that version. That'll at least give you an idea and until they fix the PC version, the 360 version is probably the best version to have.
crainger is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-08-09, 04:17 PM   #141
crainger

Quote:
It does, well I have 360 version of Saints 1 and PS3 of Saints 2 and one reason I like Saints over GTAIV is the fact the world is often bright and sunny and a little futuristic. Nice contrast to the violence in the streets.

BTW if any of you have a 360, I recommend playing the first game. Story will make much more sense, especially the bonus missions.
Old 01-08-09, 05:31 PM   #142
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

The game seems a little more stable with the new 181.20 drivers... not fixed by any means, but more stable. I played with everything maxed except shadow maps for a while and only had a couple super horrible frame drops.

Old 01-08-09, 07:45 PM   #143
wysiwyg

ugh, just tried it

no performance issues but god damn its one pile of dung, awful animation, crap physics, damn ugly even with everything on full and all, many things are a direct copy and poorly copied at that from gta, makes me feel ill playing it with the free cam, also feels way too chaotic too also terrible vehicle handling

it feels and plays like an xbox 1 game on budget

how can anyone like this, get some taste! GTA4 is gold compared to this fools gold pile of crud
wysiwyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-09, 09:40 PM   #144
crainger

Quote:
Originally Posted by wysiwyg View Post
ugh, just tried it

no performance issues but god damn its one pile of dung, awful animation, crap physics, damn ugly even with everything on full and all, many things are a direct copy and poorly copied at that from gta, makes me feel ill playing it with the free cam, also feels way too chaotic too also terrible vehicle handling

it feels and plays like an xbox 1 game on budget

how can anyone like this, get some taste! GTA4 is gold compared to this fools gold pile of crud
Play it on console. Game is great there. Or have a word with the team responsible for the shocking port. Then the QA team who let it pass.