Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 01-07-09, 01:27 AM   #85
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Send a message via AIM to NarcissistZero
Default Re: Saints Row 2 Release date?

That's an awesome avatar...

Anyway, I think I found a config I am happy with visually that makes the game as playable as I have seen it in fps, so I am sticking with it. It's HDR off, shadows low, ambience and lighting maxed and AF completely off, if anyone cares.
I gots one of them high powered gaming computers with an EVGA GTX 480 video thingy and a Q9550 processing device and also one of them Windows 7 64 operating programs with 4GB of some Corsair 1033 DDR2 ram.

Steam, Xbox Live and PSN: StingingVelvet
NarcissistZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-09, 02:16 AM   #86
evox
:3

Quote:
Originally Posted by NarcissistZero View Post
That's an awesome avatar...
Why thank you.

Putting the graphics/performance issues aside, is the game fun? I can get it for pretty cheap so if its even remotely similar to GTA IV (in-terms of just pure fun/gameplay) I'll snatch it up.
evox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-09, 03:47 AM   #87
wysiwyg

im pleased i stuck with GTA 4 which is deep and realistic which i love

SR2 looks like utter ****e
wysiwyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-09, 06:05 AM   #88
nekrosoft13
I'm Geralt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bokishi View Post
wow pass here, don't need another gta4
this is not another GTA4,

GTA4 is good, well decent

Saints Row 2 is horrible
Old 01-07-09, 06:32 AM   #89
crainger

Send a message via AIM to crainger

Quote:
Originally Posted by evox View Post
Why thank you.

Putting the graphics/performance issues aside, is the game fun? I can get it for pretty cheap so if its even remotely similar to GTA IV (in-terms of just pure fun/gameplay) I'll snatch it up.
It's far more sandbox than GTAIV, not as serious and a lot more violent. The make your own character is good, problem is the PC version is pretty poor (at this point). If you can get the console version get it, otherwise if you can get the PC cheap it's well worth it. Most people find they enjoy it better than GTAIV. Not having to deal with friends is one major upside. ::
crainger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-09, 06:50 AM   #90
nekrosoft13
I'm Geralt

"friends" is one thing that i truelly hate about GTA
Old 01-07-09, 07:13 AM   #91
crainger

Send a message via AIM to crainger

What I do is accept, then cancel, you don't loose points then on the spot (You do if you cancel on the spot), but you will loose points later on if you don't do something later one.

Saint's Row is the mayhem of GTA2-SA without the annoying missions of GTAIV. All missions have checkpoints also so you rarely have to play one from the beginning.
crainger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-09, 07:25 AM   #92
nekrosoft13
I'm Geralt

accept and then cancel? how do you cancel? do you call them back?

Old 01-07-09, 07:34 AM   #93
mailman2
Ducking & Dodging

I still want to try SR2. I already completed GTA IV it was a great game. Performance was fine for me if you just used some modest settings and didnt try to force everything to the max.

I've heard SR2 is alot of fun and its not trying to be GTA IV. I'm disappointed to see performance issues. After what R* went through THQ should've figured out gamers don't like low FPS, poor ports.

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Lee View Post
Oh, if the whole world had only one neck for me to squeeze in my hands...
mailman2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-09, 08:38 AM   #94
Destroy

Quote:
Originally Posted by crainger View Post
It's far more sandbox than GTAIV, not as serious and a lot more violent. The make your own character is good, problem is the PC version is pretty poor (at this point). If you can get the console version get it, otherwise if you can get the PC cheap it's well worth it. Most people find they enjoy it better than GTAIV. Not having to deal with friends is one major upside. ::
QFT. I'm a bit overwhelmed with how much stuff there is to do in this game compared to GTA4. Have to sit there and think what I want to choose to do next. LOL. And much smarter having checkpoints mid mission, I hated redriving and doing the WHOLE mission over again in GTA4.

Most of the time frame rates are around 23fps which seems and is sucky low but really isn't that noticeable to me. Maybe its the blur effect like Crysis that helps make it look ok??

I really wish I could get my RumblePad2 to work with the game though. Only my 360 controller works currently.

Vista64 Home Premium
Gigabyte GA-EP35C-DS3R
CPU E8500 with Corsair H50 cooler
HIS 6970, always 19x10res
Memory 8 Gig OCZ 1000@1024
Display Westinghouse 37" LVM-37w1 LCD monitor
Destroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-09, 08:52 AM   #95
mailman2
Ducking & Dodging

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destroy View Post

I really wish I could get my RumblePad2 to work with the game though. Only my 360 controller works currently.
A developer on their forums said the xbox 360 controllers will be the only controller ever supported in SR2. I picked my 360 PC controller up off Amazon for $20 a few years back. Great investment since all the ports use it without a problem. Might be time to invest in one

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listi...1340079&sr=8-2

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Lee View Post
Oh, if the whole world had only one neck for me to squeeze in my hands...
mailman2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-09, 10:13 AM   #96
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Send a message via AIM to NarcissistZero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destroy View Post
Most of the time frame rates are around 23fps which seems and is sucky low but really isn't that noticeable to me. Maybe its the blur effect like Crysis that helps make it look ok??
I dislike motion blur and have it off, but I'll turn it on tonight and see if it makes the game more tolerable. The low fps is ok when walking around, but driving is a terror. It might have something to do with how twitchy the driving controls are to begin with, and how loose and silly they feel compared to GTA4.

As for comparing the games themselves, they really are very different. One immerses you in one of the best gangster movies/worlds of all time and the other is a fun and silly action game. I like both, but GTA4 is far more my speed.
I gots one of them high powered gaming computers with an EVGA GTX 480 video thingy and a Q9550 processing device and also one of them Windows 7 64 operating programs with 4GB of some Corsair 1033 DDR2 ram.

Steam, Xbox Live and PSN: StingingVelvet
NarcissistZero is offline   Reply With Quote