Go Back   nV News Forums > Hardware Forums > Benchmarking And Overclocking

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 05-20-03, 11:42 AM   #313
digitalwanderer

Quote:
Originally posted by muzz
OMG.......
Now ATi performs "UNREALISTICALLY WONDERFUL" in 3DMark....
No Muzz, he's right on that one.

I can personally attest to it. I got about 1500 on my overclocked-as-hell GF4 ti4400 and I bench about 4440 on me stock 9700 Pro.

The Battle from Proxian bit looks REALLY bichting above 30 fps!!!! I know it ain't indicative of "real world gaming", but it still looked cool to me.

Actually, a funny thing about that.....

The GF4 scored 9750 OCed and all the 9700 Pro does about 10400 right now. Less than 800 points difference in 3dm2k1se, but that is SO not indicative of how much better it games on my system!

In this case, I found out that 3dm2k3 really was the better indicator of which card translated score into real world performance. Who'd of thunk it?

It's kind of making me reconsider me stance on it as a benchmark. If a card CAN do good at that bench, it seem to shine in gaming too.

I muchly better understand why nVidia hates it so now.
[SIZE=1][I]"It was very important to us that NVIDIA did not know exactly where to aim. As a result they seem to have over-engineered in some aspects creating a power-hungry monster which is going to be very expensive for them to manufacture. We have a beautifully balanced piece of hardware that beats them on pure performance, cost, scalability, future mobile relevance, etc. That's all because they didn't know what to aim at."
-R.Huddy[/I] [/SIZE]
digitalwanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-03, 02:53 PM   #314
Gar
I like cats.

I think I agree with all of the other logically thinking individuals in this forum when I say that Behemoth is fantastically unaware of the real issues within the graphics and enthusiast community regarding Nvidia's questionable driver IQ/performance optimizations and it shows the essence of his real motives about refuting any negative views posed against Nvidia. In other words hes a delusional Nvidiot.
Gar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-03, 04:34 PM   #315
muzz

Your right Dig ( I didn't get what you were saying till I read it twice) it does do well, and it should do well really.
The thing is it is NOT unexpected to do well, all 1 needs to do is break down the tests, and they will see where the old tech get's smacked around.

Seems to me you are enjoying Bubblevicious ( ) these days
Old 05-20-03, 06:09 PM   #316
Behemoth
radeon 9800 pro

Quote:
Originally posted by Gar
I think I agree with all of the other logically thinking individuals in this forum when I say that Behemoth is fantastically unaware of the real issues within the graphics and enthusiast community regarding Nvidia's questionable driver IQ/performance optimizations and it shows the essence of his real motives about refuting any negative views posed against Nvidia. In other words hes a delusional Nvidiot.
bascially i would consider anyone a fanatic if they call me nvidiot or call nv30 a POS, but you are different, the way you presented your delusional reasons tells me that you are a delusional fanatic.
Behemoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-03, 06:31 PM   #317
Nv40
Agent-Fx

Quote:
Originally posted by Behemoth
bascially i would consider anyone a fanatic if they call me nvidiot or call nv30 a POS, but you are different, the way you presented your delusional reasons tells me that you are a delusional fanatic.

well they are right, the NV30 is a failure

the problem is that there are many video cards too..
because the Nv30 is faster in games that...
R9000,R9100,R9200,R9500nonpro,R9500pro,
R9600,R9700, and even the 9800 in a few test.

and than all currenlty available Nvidia video cards .

it even defeat the R350 in raw performance in many situations,
and outscore the latestst 256megs ati CArds easily in Doom3..

yes the Nv30 is a POS..

would you trade Behemoth your card for my geforce4 ?

Last edited by Nv40; 05-20-03 at 06:41 PM.
Nv40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-03, 07:08 PM   #318
ChrisRay

Quote:
Originally posted by digitalwanderer
No Muzz, he's right on that one.

I can personally attest to it. I got about 1500 on my overclocked-as-hell GF4 ti4400 and I bench about 4440 on me stock 9700 Pro.

The Battle from Proxian bit looks REALLY bichting above 30 fps!!!! I know it ain't indicative of "real world gaming", but it still looked cool to me.

Actually, a funny thing about that.....

The GF4 scored 9750 OCed and all the 9700 Pro does about 10400 right now. Less than 800 points difference in 3dm2k1se, but that is SO not indicative of how much better it games on my system!

In this case, I found out that 3dm2k3 really was the better indicator of which card translated score into real world performance. Who'd of thunk it?

It's kind of making me reconsider me stance on it as a benchmark. If a card CAN do good at that bench, it seem to shine in gaming too.

I muchly better understand why nVidia hates it so now.

So now you like 3dmark2003?
|CPU: Intel I7 Lynnfield @ 3.0 Ghz|Mobo:Asus P7P55 WS Supercomputer |Memory:8 Gigs DDR3 1333|Video:Geforce GTX 295 Quad SLI|Monitor:Samsung Syncmaster 1680x1080 3D Vision\/Olevia 27 Inch Widescreen HDTV 1920x1080

|CPU: AMD Phenom 9600 Black Edition @ 2.5 Ghz|Mobo:Asus M3n HT Deluxe Nforce 780A|Memory: 4 gigs DDR2 800| Video: Geforce GTX 280x2 SLI

Nzone
SLI Forum Administrator

NVIDIA User Group Members receive free software and/or hardware from NVIDIA from time to time to facilitate the evaluation of NVIDIA products. However, the opinions expressed are solely those of the members
ChrisRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-03, 07:18 PM   #319
Ady

03 is definitely a lot more useful than 01 is nowadays.
Old 05-20-03, 07:37 PM   #320
digitalwanderer

Quote:
Originally posted by ChrisRay
So now you like 3dmark2003?
Well I like it a whole lot better now that I have a card that can run it well, I must admit that.
[SIZE=1][I]"It was very important to us that NVIDIA did not know exactly where to aim. As a result they seem to have over-engineered in some aspects creating a power-hungry monster which is going to be very expensive for them to manufacture. We have a beautifully balanced piece of hardware that beats them on pure performance, cost, scalability, future mobile relevance, etc. That's all because they didn't know what to aim at."
-R.Huddy[/I] [/SIZE]
digitalwanderer is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-20-03, 07:50 PM   #321
Sazar
Sayonara !!!

Quote:
Well I like it a whole lot better now that I have a card that can run it well, I must admit that.
lol... doesn't everyone

I love the card I have... its a sweet little work of art IMO.. the fact that it FITS in my case w/o me having to fiddle stuff around is a HUGE plus...

my brothers 4600 still required a little twiddling... and thats saying something considering I have a FULL size server case...
Sazar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-03, 08:58 PM   #322
ChrisRay

Quote:

I still don't like it. I'm just remarkably unimpressed by it. But I don't even like 3dmark2001, I think they are both useless, they are just pretty to watch
|CPU: Intel I7 Lynnfield @ 3.0 Ghz|Mobo:Asus P7P55 WS Supercomputer |Memory:8 Gigs DDR3 1333|Video:Geforce GTX 295 Quad SLI|Monitor:Samsung Syncmaster 1680x1080 3D Vision\/Olevia 27 Inch Widescreen HDTV 1920x1080

|CPU: AMD Phenom 9600 Black Edition @ 2.5 Ghz|Mobo:Asus M3n HT Deluxe Nforce 780A|Memory: 4 gigs DDR2 800| Video: Geforce GTX 280x2 SLI

Nzone
SLI Forum Administrator

NVIDIA User Group Members receive free software and/or hardware from NVIDIA from time to time to facilitate the evaluation of NVIDIA products. However, the opinions expressed are solely those of the members
ChrisRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-03, 09:00 PM   #323
reever2

Quote:
Originally posted by Behemoth
Funny coming from a person who just blindly spouts computer jargon to make it seem like you are making a point, even though you have no idea what you are saying
reever2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-03, 11:08 PM   #324
Kruno
TypeDef's assistant

Send a message via ICQ to Kruno Send a message via AIM to Kruno

Quote:
Originally posted by ChrisRay
I still don't like it. I'm just remarkably unimpressed by it. But I don't even like 3dmark2001, I think they are both useless, they are just pretty to watch
Only for a bit. I also find 3dmark boring as hell. It's not like I play it.