- Added support for the following new GPUs:
- nForce 780a SLI
- nForce 750a SLI
- Quadro FX 770M
- Quadro NVS 160M
- Quadro NVS 150M
- Improved support for RENDER masks, as well as RENDER repeating modes and transformations, for video memory pixmaps.
- Improved support for RENDER operations with the same source and destination; this should performance in some situations, e.g. when dragging Plasma applets in KDE4.
- Improved GPU video memory management coordination between the NVIDIA X driver and OpenGL implementation; this should improve performance with e.g. the KDE4 OpenGL compositing manager.
- Added an 'AllowSHMPixmaps' X configuration option, which can be used to prevent applications from using shared memory pixmaps; the latter may cause some optimizations in the NVIDIA X driver to be disabled.
- Fixed a regression that caused the 'Auto' SLI X option setting to not enable SLI.
- Fixed a bug that caused system hangs when using the NV-CONTROL interface to change GPU clock frequencies.
- Added support for DisplayPort display devices (including 30-bit devices).
- Fixed a bug that resulted in GPU errors when changing the TwinView display configuration while using Compiz.
- Further improved the error recovery paths taken in case of GPU command stream corruption.
- Updated mode validation, in cases when no EDID is detected, such that 1024x768 @ 60Hz and 800x600 @ 60Hz are allowed, rather than just 640x480 @ 60Hz.
- Removed an old workaround that caused incorrect Xinerama information to be reported after enabling a second TwinView display.
- Fixed corruption when using SLI in SFR mode with OpenGL-based composite managers.
- Fixed the subpicture component order reported by the NVIDIA X driver's XvMC implementation.
- Added a workaround for broken EDIDs provided by some Acer AL1512 monitors.
- Fixed a bug that caused intermittent kernel panics when stress testing attach/detach paths.
NVIDIA Accelerated Solaris Quadro Graphics Driver Set for Solaris x64/x86
is available for download via HTTP
Please see the README
for more information about this release.
This NVIDIA Solaris graphics driver release supports NVIDIA Quadro products based on the NV4x and newer
series of GPU cores. Older Quadro FX and Quadro NVS products are supported by the 173.14.xx
driver series, and Quadro4 and older Quadro GPUs are supported through the 96.43.xx
NVIDIA legacy graphics drivers. Please see Appendix A of the README for a list of which GPUs are supported.
Please also note:
If you encounter any problems with the 177.80
NVIDIA Solaris graphics driver release, please start a new thread and include a detailed description of the problem, reproduction steps and generate/attach an nvidia-*-bug-report.log