Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Closed Thread

Old 10-11-08, 08:29 PM   #1
mailman2
Ducking & Dodging

Default Where is CliffyB now??

http://www.tomsgames.com/us/2008/10/10/fallout3_leaked/

Cliffy - Looks like "all your games belong to us".

Console games are easier to pirate due to the lack of changing DRM like PCs have. You dont need a new no DVD fix (crack) everytime a patch comes out. Once the device is cracked you are all set to pirate away! Its not just the XBOX360 either - PSP, Wii, DS, etc can all be hacked to allow backups to be played.

I've known this but seeing more and more on console piracy recently is really amusing considering the way CliffyB just loves to attack the platform that gave him his start. I didn't realize that so many upcoming 360 games (Fracture, Saints Row 2, NBA 2K9, Blitz: The League II, and now Fallout 3) has already been pirated! Even GOW2 has been leaked! (http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost...postcount=1045)

Here's hoping CliffyB actually sees that article.
Old 10-11-08, 08:46 PM   #2
evox
:3

Default Re: Where is CliffyB now??

Old news: http://nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=120822

BTW, CliffyB is out licking windows. Cause that's what retards do.
Old 10-11-08, 08:57 PM   #3
mailman2
Ducking & Dodging

yea, but its not just fallout 3. That group has released all those other ones too before release. Even his precious baby GOW2!!
Old 10-11-08, 08:58 PM   #4
evox
:3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mailman2 View Post
yea, but its not just fallout 3. That group has released all those other ones too before release. Even his precious baby GOW2!!
No wai man. There's absolutely positively no wai xbox360 gets pirated. PC gamers are pirates, not X360 players.
Old 10-11-08, 09:08 PM   #5
K007

wait...gow2 is already arr?
Old 10-11-08, 09:14 PM   #6
ClosetFanBoy
Thorazine shuffle

He's sittin on a pile of money kickin it with some fine assed poozy. Example:

COD4 for PC: 53,000 downloads
COD4 for 360: 3000 downloads

To date, one site mind you. But yea I'm sure Cliffy is well aware that the 360 can be pirated, and I'm sure he's aware there are greater risks doing so on the 360 then PC, which is partly what he basis his decisions on I'm sure.

I love my PC and all, but if I were a dev, console first, no brainer.

iPhone junkie...
Old 10-11-08, 09:15 PM   #7
omzig
Comfortably Numb

LOL thats too funny that GOWII already got ripped off i cant wait to see ciffyB eat crow....

So what now Cliffyb? will you be following your own train of thought on piracy & taking GOWIII to PS3 as an exclusive as its the only one of the consoles not hacked yet
Old 10-11-08, 09:24 PM   #8
Medion

Quote:
Originally Posted by mailman2 View Post
http://www.tomsgames.com/us/2008/10/10/fallout3_leaked/

Cliffy - Looks like "all your games belong to us".

Console games are easier to pirate due to the lack of changing DRM like PCs have. You dont need a new no DVD fix (crack) everytime a patch comes out. Once the device is cracked you are all set to pirate away! Its not just the XBOX360 either - PSP, Wii, DS, etc can all be hacked to allow backups to be played.

I've known this but seeing more and more on console piracy recently is really amusing considering the way CliffyB just loves to attack the platform that gave him his start. I didn't realize that so many upcoming 360 games (Fracture, Saints Row 2, NBA 2K9, Blitz: The League II, and now Fallout 3) has already been pirated! Even GOW2 has been leaked! (http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost...postcount=1045)

Here's hoping CliffyB actually sees that article.
You forgot some simple, common sense issues.

-Pirating games on a console requires some real tech savy. You generally need to do some kind of hardware modification. Even pirating on a PSP now requires a certain tool that I've become proficient with (I don't use it for pirating).

-By comparison, pirating games on a PC requires an internet connection, patience, and then installation. All of the pirating is done for you, and I've seen some very computer illiterate retards play pirated games.

-Piracy is severely impacting PC game sales. Consoles, however, have a MUCH smaller percentages of pirates (though the handhelds seem to be significantly higher than the standalone consoles, still nowhere near PC levels).

Old 10-11-08, 09:26 PM   #9
ASUSEN7900GTX

it is said that there is a way to crack the PS3 it is one guy and he wont realese the info on how to

as said it is hear say

i have nothing like hard evidence since obvioulsy no one else has done it
Asus P6t deluxe V2

"be to others as you want others to be against you"
some wiseass came up with it
Old 10-11-08, 09:30 PM   #10
ASUSEN7900GTX

can this piracy thjat has been ongoing since late 90s kill PC as a gameing platform?

i mean sure devs see PC as soon to usless to make games for due to piracy.
But then again alot of consoles are pirated too whats next all devs quit no more games no more devs what then?

i must say the human race as it is , is very selfdestructive we destroy all good things global warming wars alot of them everywhere adn now gaming is dying due to internet, broadband and piracy.

so what do we do then make new types of gaming devices?

naah quit it all togehter and piracy dies and wait a while the re-surface and maybe just maybe piracy is dead?

naah i dont kow im tired so im just mumbling out loud
Asus P6t deluxe V2

"be to others as you want others to be against you"
some wiseass came up with it
Old 10-11-08, 09:43 PM   #11
omzig
Comfortably Numb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medion View Post

-Pirating games on a console requires some real tech savy. You generally need to do some kind of hardware modification. Even pirating on a PSP now requires a certain tool that I've become proficient with (I don't use it for pirating).

-By comparison, pirating games on a PC requires an internet connection, patience, and then installation. All of the pirating is done for you, and I've seen some very computer illiterate retards play pirated games.

-Piracy is severely impacting PC game sales. Consoles, however, have a MUCH smaller percentages of pirates (though the handhelds seem to be significantly higher than the standalone consoles, still nowhere near PC levels).
Your over looking a few things here

1. for less than the cost of a single game you can send your console away to get hacked...once thats done your away and free to rip any game you want

2.well see 1 once thats done these 2 are equal

3.You over look the massive trade in sales of copied console games,here in the UK every car boot sale i ever went to had masses of ps2 psp ds and 360 games for sale,only once did i see a guy selling PC games and not many ppl where stopping to look at his table the console guys on the other hand...ppl where around them like flies around ****
Old 10-11-08, 09:54 PM   #12
mailman2
Ducking & Dodging

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medion View Post

Well I can tell you from experience the PSP is not very hard. I've got some friends who aren't all that bright that went out bought PSPs and cracked them - seriously I thought they would end up with bricked units... so it doesnt take much, just the ability to follow a few instructions to crack a console. I also know a few guys that mod 360's and it takes all of about 15 mins to do it if you know what you are doing. Something like this doesnt even have to be known by the person - if you just know someone that hacks them, problem solved.

To pirate 360 games isn't anymore difficult that PC - download the image, burn it to dual layer disk, play. No cracks, no updated cracks to wait for... its easier than cracking a PC game... just burn it!

Consoles piracy will increase. Where I work there are a few guys that hack 360's. Over the last few years people have went out and bought a 360 just to have him crack it.... overtime more and more people are giving him their 360's to get cracked. The one benefit of the console is that they are outdated and move onto a new platform which takes time for people to figure out how to mod them again. That is the only deterrant.
Closed Thread