Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Closed Thread

Old 10-11-08, 09:01 PM   #13
jAkUp
eat. sleep. overclock.

Default Re: Where is CliffyB now??

I believe you cannot go online on a hacked console, is this correct?
Old 10-11-08, 09:04 PM   #14
mailman2
Ducking & Dodging

Quote:
Originally Posted by jAkUp View Post
No, thats incorrect. most releases are stealth cracked. You can play on live with stealth cracked games.
Old 10-11-08, 09:04 PM   #15
K007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medion View Post
You forgot some simple, common sense issues.

-Pirating games on a console requires some real tech savy. You generally need to do some kind of hardware modification. Even pirating on a PSP now requires a certain tool that I've become proficient with (I don't use it for pirating).

-By comparison, pirating games on a PC requires an internet connection, patience, and then installation. All of the pirating is done for you, and I've seen some very computer illiterate retards play pirated games.

-Piracy is severely impacting PC game sales. Consoles, however, have a MUCH smaller percentages of pirates (though the handhelds seem to be significantly higher than the standalone consoles, still nowhere near PC levels).
by tech savy you mean, people just need to be able to use google...if they can't do that..then well

Also if i am not mistaken, pirated games can be played online on the Console, where as PC, there is no chance without a valid serial key.

Most of my friends have already cracked there 360/psp.
Old 10-11-08, 09:06 PM   #16
K007

Quote:
Originally Posted by jAkUp View Post
Apparently you can Jakup. Unlike PC games where a valid key is needed to get online, a pirated console has no limitation on playing online. So a Pirated 360 CoD4 player can play online where as a Pirated PC Cod4 will only be able to play the singleplayer and will not be able to get online without a valid key, and the only way to get one is through a purchase of the product.
Old 10-11-08, 09:37 PM   #17
jcrox
Mahna Mahna

We've got a couple of kids in our neighborhood that download 360 games claiming their playing a bunch of games that are currently unreleased. Think I might have to stop over and check out exactly how they do this and what kind of "tech savvy" one needs to do this because really, they're dumb as all get out.

Gaming

MSI MPower Z87 | 4770k | CNPS9900MAX-B | 8GB G.Skill 1866 | EVGA GTX760 |ThermalTake 850w | X-Fi Titanium | HAF | Asus PA248Q | Lycosa | Death Adder | Win8 Pro 64

Dev/Backup

MSI GD65 | 2500k | H50 | 8GB G.skill | GTX570 | Ubuntu 13.10

Laptop

17" Inspiron | i5 | 4GB DDR3 | 500GB HDD | Win7 Pro 64

Old 10-11-08, 09:48 PM   #18
NaitoSan
Student @ DigiPen

I'm wondering CliffyB's fuss about pirating actually encourages people to start pirating on consoles now. If so, that's pretty shame on CliffyB and people who pirates. They're all acting like immature kids trying to prove who's right.

They're the reason why we get DRM and all stuff. No wonder Microsoft is considering about digital distribution for their next console.

Desktop: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 3.6GHz | ASUS P5K Deluxe/WiFi-AP | 4GB G.Skill F2-6400PHU1 @ 800MHz 4-4-3-5 | EVGA GeForce 8800 GTX 768MB | Western Digital Raptor X 150GB | Samsung 32" HDTV | Windows 7 Professional x64

Note: English is my second language so please bear with my grammar!
Old 10-11-08, 10:20 PM   #19
mailman2
Ducking & Dodging

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaitoSan View Post
I'm wondering CliffyB's fuss about pirating actually encourages people to start pirating on consoles now. If so, that's pretty shame on CliffyB and people who pirates. They're all acting like immature kids trying to prove who's right.

They're the reason why we get DRM and all stuff. No wonder Microsoft is considering about digital distribution for their next console.

Him throwing a fit and acting like a little girl about PC piracy sure ain't gonna help the cause - especially when the resources for pirating on the console are out there. I think alot of people might just say "Oh yea, watch this weasel" and do it just to spite him.
Old 10-11-08, 11:26 PM   #20
JasonPC

To me it sounds like the recipe is set for piracy to start exploding on the 360. I had always thought you'd get banned from Live but I guess that isn't necessarily the case?

Old 10-12-08, 12:23 AM   #21
evox
:3

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonPC View Post
To me it sounds like the recipe is set for piracy to start exploding on the 360. I had always thought you'd get banned from Live but I guess that isn't necessarily the case?
I believe you do infact get banned. AFAIK, this has been around since Microsoft started LIVE. Microsoft always bans Modded Xboxes so they can't access LIVE. Considering how LIVE is though, you wouldn't lose a whole lot.
Old 10-12-08, 12:47 AM   #22
mailman2
Ducking & Dodging

Quote:
Originally Posted by evox View Post
I believe you do infact get banned. AFAIK, this has been around since Microsoft started LIVE. Microsoft always bans Modded Xboxes so they can't access LIVE. Considering how LIVE is though, you wouldn't lose a whole lot.
Nope, friends of mine are using modded 360s on live now. As long as the game has a stealth patch for it you can go online and not get banned.
Old 10-12-08, 02:58 AM   #23
nutcrackr
Super Registered User

Cliffy B is living his rockstar lifestyle in his mansion with his supermodel girlfriends in a pool of money. Currently doing phone interviews about gears 2 and how you can stomp kill on locust bad guys in totally different ways, with more blood.
Old 10-12-08, 03:42 AM   #24
Ninja Prime

Quote:
Originally Posted by mailman2 View Post
http://www.tomsgames.com/us/2008/10/10/fallout3_leaked/

Cliffy - Looks like "all your games belong to us".

Console games are easier to pirate due to the lack of changing DRM like PCs have. You dont need a new no DVD fix (crack) everytime a patch comes out. Once the device is cracked you are all set to pirate away! Its not just the XBOX360 either - PSP, Wii, DS, etc can all be hacked to allow backups to be played.

I've known this but seeing more and more on console piracy recently is really amusing considering the way CliffyB just loves to attack the platform that gave him his start. I didn't realize that so many upcoming 360 games (Fracture, Saints Row 2, NBA 2K9, Blitz: The League II, and now Fallout 3) has already been pirated! Even GOW2 has been leaked! (http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost...postcount=1045)

Here's hoping CliffyB actually sees that article.

You fail.
Closed Thread