Old 10-12-08, 03:43 AM   #25
Ninja Prime

Default Re: Where is CliffyB now??

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClosetFanBoy View Post
He's sittin on a pile of money kickin it with some fine assed poozy. Example:

COD4 for PC: 53,000 downloads
COD4 for 360: 3000 downloads

To date, one site mind you. But yea I'm sure Cliffy is well aware that the 360 can be pirated, and I'm sure he's aware there are greater risks doing so on the 360 then PC, which is partly what he basis his decisions on I'm sure.

I love my PC and all, but if I were a dev, console first, no brainer.
You win!
Old 10-12-08, 05:04 AM   #26
Noriega
你妈妈喜欢的阴茎

Cliffy B is it summary from Cliffy Bullsh*t?
Old 10-12-08, 07:49 AM   #27
ASUSEN7900GTX

i think he is hiding under some rock and afraid to show his face in public after making a complete jackass of himself or ran crying to mam
Asus P6t deluxe V2

"be to others as you want others to be against you"
some wiseass came up with it
Old 10-12-08, 08:52 AM   #28
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Send a message via AIM to NarcissistZero

Jesus Christ... can we have more desperate threads trying to prove it's not fair PC gaming is getting the shaft? It's like a freakin' grief counseling meeting in here.

Console games sell more than PC games many times over, so even if they are pirated just as much (which they aren't), it's still less of a problem.

See? See how that works? Common f'in sense.
Old 10-12-08, 08:53 AM   #29
Imbroglio
xeroyphyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcrox View Post
We've got a couple of kids in our neighborhood that download 360 games claiming their playing a bunch of games that are currently unreleased. Think I might have to stop over and check out exactly how they do this and what kind of "tech savvy" one needs to do this because really, they're dumb as all get out.
all different kind of mod chips...

the top ones allow online play and require soldering

mid range ones are solderless and are simple to plug in as a light into a socket

the low end ones require games to be backed up in particular manner and is just a matter of a bios flash. though extremely cheap, there is no online play here.

i know more people that pirate 360 games than pc games. with pc games you still have to deal with version cracks and such. with the 360 games, they'll even auto-download the patches and you don't have to do anything, it's just like you have the actual retail game. this has the potential to be a much larger issue than anything you would ever see on a pc. just when comparing user bases, it's easier to say there are more people pirating on the pc from that standpoint. i have a feeling once the prices of the consoles continue to fall, and more people aren't afraid to mod their 360's, that it'll turn into the ps2 all over again. I'm pretty sure 90% of my friends had modded ps2's.

HT: 360 -- Sony60A3000 -- Onkyo SR605 --> Polk cs2, monitor 60s and monitor 40s w/ Bic F12 sub -- PS3
XBL:Mr X3r0 -- PSN:Mr_X3r0

Rig- Asus P6X58D Premium - intel i7 920 @3.6 - EVGA GTX570 - Corsair HX1000 - Prolimatech Mega Shadow - WD640 - COOLER MASTER ATCS 840 - OCZ Gold 6GB DDR3 1600*

Old 10-12-08, 09:31 AM   #30
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Send a message via AIM to NarcissistZero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imbroglio View Post
i know more people that pirate 360 games than pc games. with pc games you still have to deal with version cracks and such. with the 360 games, they'll even auto-download the patches and you don't have to do anything, it's just like you have the actual retail game. this has the potential to be a much larger issue than anything you would ever see on a pc. just when comparing user bases, it's easier to say there are more people pirating on the pc from that standpoint. i have a feeling once the prices of the consoles continue to fall, and more people aren't afraid to mod their 360's, that it'll turn into the ps2 all over again. I'm pretty sure 90% of my friends had modded ps2's.
I always wonder who these people are with all these friends with modded consoles... I have met one person my whole life with a modded console. One. He was in line with me for a Wii and was bragging about his modded Xbox that played all his ROMS and movies and stuff. Everyone else I know, counting 4 years of high school, 4 years of college and now a few years in the work force, has been a "normal" gamer who buys their console games.

I know 6 people at my current job who are gamers, none of them mod or pirate or would even know what I was talking about if I went into detail about it. I have 4 personal friends who game, and I know none of them have ever modded anything.

So... I guess in short... where are these people? How can 90% of your friends be modders? What cirlces do you hang out in?

It's just weird to me.
Old 10-12-08, 09:50 AM   #31
|MaguS|

Quote:
Originally Posted by NarcissistZero View Post
I always wonder who these people are with all these friends with modded consoles... I have met one person my whole life with a modded console. One. He was in line with me for a Wii and was bragging about his modded Xbox that played all his ROMS and movies and stuff. Everyone else I know, counting 4 years of high school, 4 years of college and now a few years in the work force, has been a "normal" gamer who buys their console games.

I know 6 people at my current job who are gamers, none of them mod or pirate or would even know what I was talking about if I went into detail about it. I have 4 personal friends who game, and I know none of them have ever modded anything.

So... I guess in short... where are these people? How can 90% of your friends be modders? What cirlces do you hang out in?

It's just weird to me.
Pirates hang out with Pirates...

When I was a manager for EB I probably ran into 2 people in the 2 years I worked there that said they burned console games (oldly enough it was the DC, not even the PSX).

Old 10-12-08, 09:57 AM   #32
shabby
Forcefed GXP

It'll be funny when gow2 gets pirated before it comes out, then i wonder what cliffy will say aboot piracy.

Old 10-12-08, 10:01 AM   #33
|MaguS|

Quote:
Originally Posted by shabby View Post
It'll be funny when gow2 gets pirated before it comes out, then i wonder what cliffy will say aboot piracy.
Nah we'll hear his crying when the PC Version of GoW2 gets pirated before its release...

Old 10-12-08, 10:13 AM   #34
XDanger
Whaaat?

where we used to live our local bobby told my brother about his pirate game collection
Old 10-12-08, 10:35 AM   #35
Ninja Prime

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASUSEN7900GTX View Post
i think he is hiding under some rock and afraid to show his face in public after making a complete jackass of himself or ran crying to mam
Yeah I'm sure thats it. I'm sure a famous multi-millionaire game dev with a dream job is all sad that a bunch of internet virgins like you are mad at him.
Old 10-12-08, 10:54 AM   #36
H3avyM3tal
SB's Twin Blades

How much does a console game cost, and how much will the same game cost on pc?