Go Back   nV News Forums > Linux Support Forums > General Linux

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 05-19-03, 10:31 PM   #1
benk
Geforce 4

Default ./configure make errors

i trying to instlal xine firts i did ./configure and its ok work it but when i decided to run make to copile i get some errors messages like

-I../..4 -falign-loops=4 -falign-jumps=4 -mpreferred-stack-boundary=2 -fexpensive-optimizations -fschedule-insns2 -fno-strict-aliasing -ffast-math -funroll-loops -finline-functions -mcpu=pentiumpro -I/usr/include/kde/artsc -DSIMPLE_IDCT -DHAVE_AV_CONFIG_H -c svq1.c
gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I../../.. -I../../.. -I../../.. -I../../../src -I../../../src -I../../../src/xine-engine -I../../../src/xine-engine -I../../../src/xine-utils -I../../../src/xine-utils -g -O2 -Wall -D_REENTRANT -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -DXINE_COMPILE -O3 -pipe -fomit-frame-pointer -falign-functions=4 -falign-loops=4 -falign-jumps=4 -mpreferred-stack-boundary=2 -fexpensive-optimizations -fschedule-insns2 -fno-strict-aliasing -ffast-math -funroll-loops -finline-functions -mcpu=pentiumpro -I/usr/include/kde/artsc -DSIMPLE_IDCT -DHAVE_AV_CONFIG_H -c svq1.c -DPIC -o svq1.lo
svq1.c: In function `svq1_decode_block_non_intra':
svq1.c:2231: Internal error: Segmentation fault.
Please submit a full bug report.
See <URL:http://bugzilla.redhat.com/bugzilla/> for instructions.
make[5]: *** [svq1.lo] Error 1
make[5]: Saliendo directorio `/usr/src/xine-lib-0.9.13/src/libffmpeg/libavcodec'make[4]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[4]: Saliendo directorio `/usr/src/xine-lib-0.9.13/src/libffmpeg/libavcodec'make[3]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[3]: Saliendo directorio `/usr/src/xine-lib-0.9.13/src/libffmpeg'
make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[2]: Saliendo directorio `/usr/src/xine-lib-0.9.13/src'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Saliendo directorio `/usr/src/xine-lib-0.9.13'

is that message i get at all version of xine and others software to try copile is something wrong in my pc or at linux??
Old 05-20-03, 06:19 PM   #2
erwos

Try using an RPM from FreshRPMs.net

-Erwos
erwos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-03, 05:27 AM   #3
jay_gentoo

Try to compile it with less aggressive flags, ie. try -O2 instead, and make sure that you haver the right -march settings for your processor type.
jay_gentoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-03, 07:26 PM   #4
benk
Geforce 4

eh , how i can do that? aggressive flags, O2 instead??

and how to especific my procesor type.

all thats at ./configure script or............??? how can ?
Old 05-27-03, 01:15 PM   #5
jay_gentoo

Some of those settings are system wide, especially the architecture flag. For example in Gentoo Linux those settings reside in /etc/make.conf. You are compiling with the -mcpu=pentiumpro flag. If you however have a different processor, let's say an AMD K6-III then it is likely to fail.

From what I can see, your system breaks in the svq1.c file, this is the sorenson video codec 1 (quicktime). Can you compile xine without quicktime support?

Another question: Do you compile with gcc 2.95 or gcc 3.02 ? This could also be a possible reason for failing to make the build.
jay_gentoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-03, 03:22 PM   #6
benk
Geforce 4

gcc version 2.96 "some bug or what"?

Last edited by benk; 05-27-03 at 08:12 PM.
benk is offline   Reply With Quote