Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 10-14-08, 01:55 PM   #13
Destroy

Default Re: Later PC release dates, why?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mailman2 View Post
I was really pissed today. Was on my way out and about and was going to hit Gamestop, figured I'd call and see if they had Saints Row 2 for PC in yet, their website showed 10/14 last night still. So I called and the guy said "oh PC?? Umm, nah... ughh... ughhh thats not till november now..."

You tiny brained retarded #$#^T%#$!!! I come home and EBworld STILL shows 10-14!!! WTF. When was it delayed LAST NIGHT??? This kind of crap pisses me off and makes me want to just . I was on my way money in hand and now they delay it for a month with no warning?? PC gaming is dying because the industry is killing it.
LOL, I was at the Gamestop counter last night with money in hand to prepay for Saints Row2 PC. Same exact deal, not out till mid Nov according to their computer. They said they would sell me the 360 or PS3 version, not interested one bit.

Lost sale till, at best, bargain bin now. I'll be up to my neck in games by mid Nov and have no cares about SR2. Or yeah, time.

Vista64 Home Premium
Gigabyte GA-EP35C-DS3R
CPU E8500 with Corsair H50 cooler
HIS 6970, always 19x10res
Memory 8 Gig OCZ 1000@1024
Display Westinghouse 37" LVM-37w1 LCD monitor
Destroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-08, 07:57 PM   #14
Vanzagar
Bring me Amberlamps

There was an article on this in the past, can't find it right now but the jist of the article was that if they released them all at the same time, they are worried that a large % of the people would get the PC version, since it's typically better and looks nicer.. if they delay it they get more console sales with a higher price tag on the game and a certain % of people that just can't wait or have idle $$ and will buy both versions...

-V-
Vanzagar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-08, 08:53 PM   #15
nekrosoft13
I'm Geralt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanzagar View Post
There was an article on this in the past, can't find it right now but the jist of the article was that if they released them all at the same time, they are worried that a large % of the people would get the PC version, since it's typically better and looks nicer.. if they delay it they get more console sales with a higher price tag on the game and a certain % of people that just can't wait or have idle $$ and will buy both versions...

-V-
yap, of European Microsoft gaming said that
Old 10-14-08, 09:19 PM   #16
|MaguS|

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekrosoft13 View Post
yap, of European Microsoft gaming said that
Yes but microsoft doesn't control 3rd party developers/publishers release dates...
Old 10-14-08, 09:59 PM   #17
nekrosoft13
I'm Geralt

Quote:
Originally Posted by |MaguS| View Post
Yes but microsoft doesn't control 3rd party developers/publishers release dates...
so? is a pattern