Go Back   nV News Forums > Hardware Forums > Benchmarking And Overclocking

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 05-20-03, 11:28 AM   #13
bkswaney
Mr. Extreme!

Send a message via Yahoo to bkswaney

Quote:
Originally posted by mbvgp
Dig I hope you were being sarcastic since if you are thinking that nvidia will bend over backwards for you you must be living in a dreamworld Especially since you are no longer with elitebastards .

I have 44.03 drivers and a GF4Ti 4600 and I should have it according to 3dchips.fr. But I ran the game with settings at quality and 4xAA, 8xAF and I can see the dragon...no problems. Seems like something is wrong with 3dchips system ...
I agree. The dragon is still there on my PC also.
I think they need to reload 3DM and there drivers.
Maybe a good format.

DW... Is this true? Were u with EB?

I emailed Nvidia about the 44.03 problem and also a link
to all these flaming threads here and hardforum.
Guess what.... I got a reply from Brian Burke "head of desktop graphics"

I will just say this. NV will address this shortly.
15.6 inch HD WideScreen
Nvidia 8200M-G 895mb
2Gig system ram
250Gig SATA 5400rpm HDrive
Vista Premium
bkswaney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-03, 11:36 AM   #14
R.Carter

Red face

Dunno. Looks rather like they are trying to make it out like Extreme Tech was out to get Nvidia for some nefarious reason.

Of course, I doubt the article writer contacted Extreme Tech for comment prior to the article being published. I couldn't find any that mentioned if they tried to or not.

If they had, then I suspect that some of the questions they raised could have been answered.

Specifically,

"Why wasn't there more attention to detail in the Extreme Tech article? There could have been more screen shots or even map diagrams showing where the clipping planes and camera paths were."

"How did a copy of the Developer version of 3DMark 2003 get into Extreme Tech's hands?"

"Why wasn't this test done with other nVidia cards?"

As far as I know it was also seen on NV30 and NV31 cards so it's not specific to just NV35 cards.

"Somebody had to test for and find this anomaly before hand. Who's pulling the strings here?"

That last one kind of makes one suspect that there might be an agenda behind this article.

Then we throw in the following to further obfuscate the issue...

"Why do we even trust Rolling Demo Benchmarks anymore? If this turns out not to be a cheat, what does that say about Synthetic 3D Benchmarking? Why is the only bit of evidence is a few screen shots?"

So the entire test that uncovered this issue is now suspect and should simply be ignored.

Yes it's frustrating that we all can't see this for ourselves and have to rely on screenshots.

R.Carter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-03, 11:47 AM   #15
digitalwanderer

Quote:
Originally posted by bkswaney
I agree. The dragon is still there on my PC also.
I think they need to reload 3DM and there drivers.
Maybe a good format.
For what it's worth, the dragon was on my GF4 too no matter how hard I tried to recreate their conditions before I violently ripped it from my PC yesterday and put a 9700 Pro in her. I think this one is a bug too.

Quote:
DW... Is this true? Were u with EB?
Yes. EB was formed by all the mods/admins at RageUnderground when we all got pissed at the owner. Those guys are the folks who taught me the boards and how to tweak a PC, they're me hardcore online family.

And I just quit 'em. I have a feeling it's gonna get uglier before it gets prettier between me and nVidia, and I can't have my hands tied worrying about how it's going to affect my friends.

So I walked. End of story.

Quote:
I emailed Nvidia about the 44.03 problem and also a link
to all these flaming threads here and hardforum.

Me too...

Quote:
Guess what.... I got a reply from Brian Burke "head of desktop graphics"
Really? Was that before or after he started threatening my friends? (He still hasn't answered me about my e-mail! )

Quote:
I will just say this. NV will address this shortly.
And I will say this, so will I.
[SIZE=1][I]"It was very important to us that NVIDIA did not know exactly where to aim. As a result they seem to have over-engineered in some aspects creating a power-hungry monster which is going to be very expensive for them to manufacture. We have a beautifully balanced piece of hardware that beats them on pure performance, cost, scalability, future mobile relevance, etc. That's all because they didn't know what to aim at."
-R.Huddy[/I] [/SIZE]
digitalwanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-03, 12:14 PM   #16
bkswaney
Mr. Extreme!

Send a message via Yahoo to bkswaney

I'm not sure. I email them friday of last week.

Sorry to hear about the problems.
bkswaney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-03, 12:20 PM   #17
digitalwanderer

Quote:
Originally posted by bkswaney
I'm not sure. I email them friday of last week.
Before then

Quote:
Sorry to hear about the problems.
Oh, don't worry 'bout me none! I left staff at EB so I wouldn't lose me friends or get them in trouble, there's no hard feelings there and if there is I'll just smack 'em around 'til there ain't.
(They're virtual-family, beyond this petty-crap. )

Besides, I got a 9700 Pro yesterday...remember? How the hell can I keep from getting a fatty-grin? I'm still a bit giddy in shock about it!

Feel sorry for nVidia, they cut me off me leash is all.
[SIZE=1][I]"It was very important to us that NVIDIA did not know exactly where to aim. As a result they seem to have over-engineered in some aspects creating a power-hungry monster which is going to be very expensive for them to manufacture. We have a beautifully balanced piece of hardware that beats them on pure performance, cost, scalability, future mobile relevance, etc. That's all because they didn't know what to aim at."
-R.Huddy[/I] [/SIZE]
digitalwanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-03, 12:31 PM   #18
Matthyahuw

Send a message via ICQ to Matthyahuw Send a message via AIM to Matthyahuw Send a message via Yahoo to Matthyahuw

pesonally I didn't like the article, sounded like a whiny little 8th grader that got beat up and is ranting to "get even"...
Old 05-20-03, 01:50 PM   #19
creedamd

Quote:
Originally posted by Matthyahuw
pesonally I didn't like the article, sounded like a whiny little 8th grader that got beat up and is ranting to "get even"...
Flibbled : I agree with you on this one.

System2: 2500xp@3200|abitNF7-s|512XMS|9700pro|160Gbhd

System3: 2400xp|512xms|Epox 8rda+|9500pro

Last edited by creedamd; 05-20-03 at 03:48 PM.
creedamd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-03, 03:26 PM   #20
vampireuk
**** Holster

Send a message via AIM to vampireuk

Anything useful to post there creed?

Old 05-20-03, 03:32 PM   #21
solofly

Quote:
Originally posted by digitalwanderer
And I will say this, so will I.
And you are...?
solofly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-03, 03:55 PM   #22
nVidi0t
Quad Damage

Send a message via ICQ to nVidi0t
Default Re: nVidia=CHEESEBALLS!

Quote:
Originally posted by digitalwanderer
Next time you feel like getting back to me nVidia, why don't you get back to me instead of hassling me friends? I won't bite, I'll just tear your head off and sh!t down your neck...in a video card arguing kind of way.

You REALLY pissed me off with this one, really. It's went from a mild interest to a personal issue...real personal.

I'm no longer with EliteBastards anymore nVidia, you can't come at me thru them again. (Well, you can if you want...but it won't do you any good.)

Try the same e-dress as me EliteBastards one but make the end bit sbcglobal.net if you want to reach me...try hassling one of me friends again to get to me and I will make you regret the day you ever saw a computer.

I am NOT impressed with your backroom strong arming, and I ain't bending over for you.
You need help.
System: Intel Core 2 e6600 @ 3.6ghz (450*8) @ 1.475v | Koolance Exos 2 Water Cooler | 4096Mb Mushkin ASCENT 8500 @ 2.1v @ 1160Mhz| Asus P5k Deluxe P35 'bearlake' 804bios | PC Power & Cooling Silencer 850W| BFG 8800GT OC2 675Mhz | 150GB WD Raptor X | Seagate Barracuda 250GB SATA | Lian Li V2000 PC2 Case | Pioneer DL Burner | Creative Sound Blaster X-FI FATAL1TY FPS | Dell 2707WFP 27" LCD | Windows Vista Ultimate | Sennheiser HD-590 Prestige/Sennheiser HD-650 Headphones w/ Emmeline Hornet Amp | Razer Deathadder | Razer tarantula Keyboard |
nVidi0t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-03, 09:08 AM   #23
PreservedSwine
I'm always hungry

Default Re: Re: nVidia=CHEESEBALLS!

Quote:
Originally posted by nVidi0t
You need help.

I might expect this type of post from a typical fanboi, but a forum moderator? Oh well, sa la vi
PreservedSwine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-03, 09:09 AM   #24
Sazar
Sayonara !!!

Default Re: Re: Re: nVidia=CHEESEBALLS!

Quote:
Originally posted by PreservedSwine

I might expect this type of post from a typical fanboi, but a forum moderator? Oh well, sa la vi
perhaps you mean ? c'est la vie ?

Sazar is offline   Reply With Quote