Go Back   nV News Forums > Hardware Forums > Benchmarking And Overclocking

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 05-22-03, 04:35 PM   #61
StealthHawk

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Ooooh, lemme take a swing at #2!

Quote:
Originally posted by BigBerthaEA
For one thing, I am not sure I understand what you would be "fired from".
See this thread.
Old 05-22-03, 04:40 PM   #62
digitalwanderer

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Ooooh, lemme take a swing at #2!

Quote:
For one thing, I am not sure I understand what you would be "fired from".
Sorry, poor choice of words on my behalf but it's a new/weird situation for me. How's about, "lose moderation powers and front page posting privelages along with access to the private forums where we talk about what we're going to do on the site"...better?

Quote:
Secondly, I am sure that if they DID respond to you, they would have no assurances that you would not paste the response across numerous forums, correct? I am thinking they will respond publicly on their terms, not when we think they should. However, I am anxious to see HOW they respond because they will be ultimately judged by their response.
All they'd have to do is ask me not to talk about it, I'm real good at keeping private bits private. I get a lot of info that I ain't at liberty to discuss, I value me word to highly to break it and it would be shooting meself in the foot to do so. (I have a feeling if I was known as a blabber-mouth people wouldn't be as forthcoming with the info for me....call me "weird" that way too. )

I don't "blab" any PM's I get, the "P" stands for "private" to me and I sort of respect that.
[SIZE=1][I]"It was very important to us that NVIDIA did not know exactly where to aim. As a result they seem to have over-engineered in some aspects creating a power-hungry monster which is going to be very expensive for them to manufacture. We have a beautifully balanced piece of hardware that beats them on pure performance, cost, scalability, future mobile relevance, etc. That's all because they didn't know what to aim at."
-R.Huddy[/I] [/SIZE]
digitalwanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-03, 04:58 PM   #63
DivotMaker

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Ooooh, lemme take a swing at #2!

Quote:
Originally posted by StealthHawk
See this thread.
Well, I am new here and I am not sure what the relationship between nVidia an EB is. However, I am not new to nVidia and from what I know of them, it strikes me as odd that this situation would be occurring. Since I am not clued into the relationship, I will butt out of this discussion....
DivotMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-03, 05:32 PM   #64
muzz

I can't remember EXACTLY what I called the 35, but if I remember correctly it was something along the lines of....

Excellent, this card is looking good, and is what the 30 should have been.

Something like that if I remember correctly, but I am not going back looking for it.
AAMOF I said a few decent things about it on R3D also........ I speak up over there when NV has a good product, I won't say I speak about them like they are god, but I give Kudos where they are due......

And I give other things when they are due.

If I had a chance at a 35 for a decent price I would certainly use it, as it is a sweet card ( I DEFINITELY remember saying that in a post).

Edit.. changed will to won't.

Last edited by muzz; 05-22-03 at 05:45 PM.
muzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-03, 06:34 PM   #65
hithere

I was thinking NV35 was an awesome card...until I found out about this BS. I knew the Doom3 benchies were nothing to write home about, but this...is BS.

That's what it is, you know. Nvidia engaged in deception to sell cards. I'll let you guys put up with that, but I, for one, think we oughta demand better from those that ask for $500 in our money. I don't care if their cards do kick ass, there's a competitor's card that doesn't rely on BS to sell itself.

Nvidia might as well have their drivers play a futuremark .avi and then spit out a random number for a score. That's basically what they've done to the test.
hithere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-03, 06:43 PM   #66
jAkUp
eat. sleep. overclock.

haha a futuremark.avi...
that might be the next step in cheating
Old 05-22-03, 08:10 PM   #67
StealthHawk

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Ooooh, lemme take a swing at #2!

Quote:
Well, I am new here and I am not sure what the relationship between nVidia an EB is. However, I am not new to nVidia and from what I know of them, it strikes me as odd that this situation would be occurring. Since I am not clued into the relationship, I will butt out of this discussion....
nvidia has changed a lot since the launch of the NV30. Maybe you don't know them as well as you think.

Discussion
Old 05-22-03, 09:44 PM   #68
DivotMaker

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Ooooh, lemme take a swing at #2!

Quote:
nvidia has changed a lot since the launch of the NV30. Maybe you don't know them as well as you think.

Discussion
Gee, thanks for the url to a discussion that I have no interest in. I really appreciate the effort, but I don't need you to direct me to a thread which flames nVidia. I have a relationship with nVidia and it is a healthy one that I value. I also know them a great deal better than you think.

Thanks anyway for the kind gesture...

Old 05-23-03, 05:05 AM   #69
StealthHawk

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Ooooh, lemme take a swing at #2!

Quote:
Gee, thanks for the url to a discussion that I have no interest in. I really appreciate the effort, but I don't need you to direct me to a thread which flames nVidia. I have a relationship with nVidia and it is a healthy one that I value. I also know them a great deal better than you think.

Thanks anyway for the kind gesture...
Actually, that wasn't the right thread I was looking for. But it did illustrate the "general point" that nvidia wasn't answering e-mails at the time, something you said was unheard of.

Here's the right one: Discussion

Looks like nvidia plays hardball to me.

Oh yeah, and your sarcasm wasn't lost on me, thanks for that I was only responding to your statement that silence from nvidia seemed odd.
Old 05-23-03, 07:00 AM   #70
digitalwanderer

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Ooooh, lemme take a swing at #2!

Quote:
I have a relationship with nVidia and it is a healthy one that I value.
Yes...but looking at your handle here is that relationship a healthy one because you need it to be or because they need it to be.

"Oh, nVidia treats me very nicely! It has nothing to do with the fact that I develop for EA games and they HAVE to be..."

[SIZE=1][I]"It was very important to us that NVIDIA did not know exactly where to aim. As a result they seem to have over-engineered in some aspects creating a power-hungry monster which is going to be very expensive for them to manufacture. We have a beautifully balanced piece of hardware that beats them on pure performance, cost, scalability, future mobile relevance, etc. That's all because they didn't know what to aim at."
-R.Huddy[/I] [/SIZE]
digitalwanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-03, 07:50 AM   #71
DivotMaker

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Ooooh, lemme take a swing at #2!

Quote:
Actually, that wasn't the right thread I was looking for. But it did illustrate the "general point" that nvidia wasn't answering e-mails at the time, something you said was unheard of.

Oh yeah, and your sarcasm wasn't lost on me, thanks for that I was only responding to your statement that silence from nvidia seemed odd.
I never said that not answering emails was "unheard of". Sorry about the sarcasm....I only use it when I feel like it has been used against me...
Old 05-23-03, 08:42 AM   #72
Sazar
Sayonara !!!

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Ooooh, lemme take a swing at #2!

Quote:
Originally posted by digitalwanderer

"Oh, nVidia treats me very nicely! It has nothing to do with the fact that I develop for EA games and they HAVE to be..."

lol... dood... that was below teh belt...
Sazar is offline   Reply With Quote