Go Back   nV News Forums > Hardware Forums > Benchmarking And Overclocking

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 05-23-03, 10:29 AM   #73
DivotMaker

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Ooooh, lemme take a swing at #2!

Quote:
Originally posted by digitalwanderer
Yes...but looking at your handle here is that relationship a healthy one because you need it to be or because they need it to be.

"Oh, nVidia treats me very nicely! It has nothing to do with the fact that I develop for EA games and they HAVE to be..."

If you think that the Marketing relationship between EA and nVidia is the basis of MY relationship with nVidia, you are sadly mistaken. I have had a relationship with nVidia WELL BEFORE there was any marketing agreement with EA. IF what you said was true, why on earth would I waste time with anyone at ATI? Why would I report issues with ATI products on the Rage3D boards. Why would I have made numerous attempts to become part of the Catalyst Beta driver team? I have a GREAT DEAL of respect for ATI and their current range of products and their customer support as of late. You are WAY off base with your "theory".

I also don't develop games. I am a contractor as well as Community Representative to EA. I work very closely with EA Sport's Tiger Woods PGA TOUR Producers. I also work very closely with Headgate Studios, the developer of the Tiger PC simulations. That being said, I have no control over what kinds of agreements that EA Marketing comes up with for EA. I am free to choose whatever hardware I wish to use.

I am sorry that you feel the need to put such inflammatory comments here about me, when you have not a clue who I am or what I do. I will admit that I don't know much about you or your relationship with nVidia. However, I chose to ask questions about it instead of making inflammatory "speculation" as you have chosen to do. In the future, it would be a good idea to have your facts straight before making such comments.
DivotMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-03, 10:44 AM   #74
ragejg
nV News Alumni

Send a message via AIM to ragejg
Default ...

quoting sazar: "lol... dood... that was below teh belt..."

...yes, yes it was... but at least it wasn't too off-base, sadly enuff.

dang, I came in here late...

way late. sheesh.

hmmm... funky "company vibe switch" goin on?

poo...

Dig: Sorry that you gotta go thru this crap, man. I think your standpoints and observations on this situation are valid and not skewed. Your fallouts and 'net relationship changes are pretty standard fare (for the hardware enthusiast 'net community), and I've sure seen many in similar situations NOT deal with it correctly and maturely, but rather rant in an "accidentally retarded" fashion, dishing off quick sharp, misdirected info... then they wonder "what did I do"? I don't see that from you (), but it kinda bothers me in that I never like to see/feel a company attitude change... I've experienced this on a different level in the industrial/military electronic/cable assembly subcontracting/component distribution field, which I've been a part of in some form or another since I was an elementary schooler...

...so...

will the USERS win this time, or the companies?

2010-2011 Reviews: GTX 570 | GTX 580 | GTS 450 | GTX 460 | GTX 465
Pre-2010 Reviews: 6600 GT | XMS 4400 DDR | SilenX Cooler | 6800 | 5900 XT | Personal Cinema | 5900 NU

Phenom II x6 1090t @ 4.0 ghz | Asus M498TD-EVO Am3 SLI nForce 980a | 2x EVGA GTX 560 SLI | 2x4gb DDR3-1333 | Antec EarthWatts EA650 PSU | 60gb Mushkin Calisto Enhanced Sandforce SSD | 2x WD2500KS RAID 0 | Sunbeam Tuniq 3 case | 24" Asus 19x10 LED LCD | 26" Panasonic 720p TV | Sidewinder X5 mouse | Logitech MX5500 & Revolution mouse | Altec Lansing 5.1 THX-Certified audio | Win 7 Ultimate | desk | couch

Last edited by ragejg; 05-23-03 at 10:47 AM.
ragejg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-03, 10:47 AM   #75
darkmiasma
... Meh ...

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Ooooh, lemme take a swing at #2!

Quote:
Originally posted by BigBerthaEA
*snip* I am sorry that you feel the need to put such inflammatory comments here about me, when you have not a clue who I am or what I do. I will admit that I don't know much about you or your relationship with nVidia. However, I chose to ask questions about it instead of making inflammatory "speculation" as you have chosen to do. In the future, it would be a good idea to have your facts straight before making such comments.
BigBerthaEA -

Just ignore Digitalwanderer ... he has been slandering nVIDIA for days now ... and is apparently not mature enough to handle his problems with them in a responsible manner; instead he has chosen to crap on every thread in every forum ... just skip over his comments ... its just easier.

- Mike

MCSE, MCSA, MCP, A+, Net+, Security+
---------------------------------------------

CPU - [ AMD Athlon X2 4200+] Motherboard - [ Asus A8N-SLI Premium] RAM - [ 2GB Crucial DDR400] Videocard - [ eVGA GeForce 7900GT KO (256MB)] Hard Drives - [ (2x) 80.0 GB WD SATA-II ] [(2x) 300.0 GB WD SATA-II] Burner - [ 16x DVD-R/RW - 48x CD-R/RW (Lite-On) ] Soundcard - [ Soundblaster Audigy 2 ] PSU - [ Antec TruePower II 550W] Case - [ Lian-Li PC61 (Plexi window, Blue SA CC Tube) ] Monitor - [ Dell FP2005 (20" Widescreen Flat Panel) ]
darkmiasma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-03, 10:51 AM   #76
digitalwanderer

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Ooooh, lemme take a swing at #2!

Quote:
Originally posted by darkmiasma
BigBerthaEA -

Just ignore Digitalwanderer ... he has been slandering nVIDIA for days now ... and is apparently not mature enough to handle his problems with them in a responsible manner; instead he has chosen to crap on every thread in every forum ... just skip over his comments ... its just easier.

- Mike
Piece-of-free-advice: There's also a nifty "ignore" feature, you can have the forum software automatically delete me ignorance from your view.

I was actually sort of fishing with the EA comment just on a hunch, I now feel it was justified.
[SIZE=1][I]"It was very important to us that NVIDIA did not know exactly where to aim. As a result they seem to have over-engineered in some aspects creating a power-hungry monster which is going to be very expensive for them to manufacture. We have a beautifully balanced piece of hardware that beats them on pure performance, cost, scalability, future mobile relevance, etc. That's all because they didn't know what to aim at."
-R.Huddy[/I] [/SIZE]
digitalwanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-03, 11:06 AM   #77
DivotMaker

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Ooooh, lemme take a swing at #2!

Quote:
Piece-of-free-advice: There's also a nifty "ignore" feature, you can have the forum software automatically delete me ignorance from your view.

I was actually sort of fishing with the EA comment just on a hunch, I now feel it was justified.
Ignore feature? No, I think I will watch my back, thanks.

If you think your flame was justified, then I know all that I need to know about you.

Good day...
Old 05-23-03, 11:13 AM   #78
digitalwanderer

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Ooooh, lemme take a swing at #2!

Quote:
If you think your flame was justified, then I know all that I need to know about you.
That's weird, because that's more information than I really needed to know about you.

A fine and happy day to you also, I hope you enjoy reading the 3dm2k3 .pdf as much as I do.
[SIZE=1][I]"It was very important to us that NVIDIA did not know exactly where to aim. As a result they seem to have over-engineered in some aspects creating a power-hungry monster which is going to be very expensive for them to manufacture. We have a beautifully balanced piece of hardware that beats them on pure performance, cost, scalability, future mobile relevance, etc. That's all because they didn't know what to aim at."
-R.Huddy[/I] [/SIZE]
Old 05-23-03, 11:17 AM   #79
DivotMaker

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Ooooh, lemme take a swing at #2!

Quote:
I hope you enjoy reading the 3dm2k3 .pdf as much as I do.
I find it perverse that you would "enjoy" reading an article that exposes the two major 3D hardware vendors as having taken shortcuts (ATI being investigated). I own products from both companies and I can find no "enjoyment" from reading such information. Attitudes such as yours are frightening...
Old 05-23-03, 11:25 AM   #80
digitalwanderer

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Ooooh, lemme take a swing at #2!

Quote:
I find it perverse that you would "enjoy" reading an article that exposes the two major 3D hardware vendors as having taken shortcuts (ATI being investigated). I own products from both companies and I can find no "enjoyment" from reading such information. Attitudes such as yours are frightening...

You find it "perverse"? OMFG, do you know what that means?

I'm a video card pervert!

Yeah, I DO enjoy reading it. After being called a trouble-maker and a fan boy for the past week or so for saying it's a cheat it feels sort of...I dunno, sort of reassuring/justifying/liberating/vindicating to read the experts agree with me on it...not to mention I just find it a fascinating read.

Man, if you think that's a frightening attitude I'd suggest you not go out much at night!
-R.Huddy[/I] [/SIZE]

Old 05-23-03, 11:38 AM   #81
DivotMaker

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Ooooh, lemme take a swing at #2!

Quote:
You find it "perverse"? OMFG, do you know what that means?

I'm a video card pervert!

Yeah, I DO enjoy reading it. After being called a trouble-maker and a fan boy for the past week or so for saying it's a cheat it feels sort of...I dunno, sort of reassuring/justifying/liberating/vindicating to read the experts agree with me on it...not to mention I just find it a fascinating read.

Man, if you think that's a frightening attitude I'd suggest you not go out much at night!
Well, at least you are consistent.... I don't see anything positive in your comments here. Just more flame bait. Thanks, but I am not interested.

And you really don't know why nVidia is not responding to your emails?
Old 05-23-03, 12:04 PM   #82
digitalwanderer

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Ooooh, lemme take a swing at #2!

Quote:
Well, at least you are consistent.... I don't see anything positive in your comments here. Just more flame bait. Thanks, but I am not interested.

And you really don't know why nVidia is not responding to your emails?
Didn't your momma teach you NOT to feed the trolls?

There was lots positive in me comment, but most of it was at your expense I'll grant.

Have ya contacted any of your chums at nVidia who you have such a great relationship with? What's their take on the latest news out of Futuremark, or is that just another case of sour grapes?
-R.Huddy[/I] [/SIZE]
Old 05-23-03, 12:13 PM   #83
DivotMaker

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Ooooh, lemme take a swing at

Quote:
Have ya contacted any of your chums at nVidia who you have such a great relationship with? What's their take on the latest news out of Futuremark, or is that just another case of sour grapes?
You honestly think I would share anything they tell me with you? Geezus...
Old 05-23-03, 12:22 PM   #84
digitalwanderer

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Ooooh, lemme take a swin

Quote:
You honestly think I would share anything they tell me with you? Geezus...
No, but I figured if you tried and they had NOT gotten back to you it would explain why you're wasting your time getting all pissy with a "troll"
-R.Huddy[/I] [/SIZE]