Go Back   nV News Forums > Hardware Forums > Benchmarking And Overclocking

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 05-23-03, 12:32 PM   #85
DivotMaker

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Ooooh, lemme take a

Quote:
Originally posted by digitalwanderer
No, but I figured if you tried and they had NOT gotten back to you it would explain why you're wasting your time getting all pissy with a "troll"
"Pissy"? If responding to self-admitted, troll-like comments with civil, to the point responses is "pissy", then I am guilty. What correspondence I have or don't have with nVidia is really my business, not yours.

You are free to continue your little "pissy" routine all by yourself...
DivotMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-03, 12:37 PM   #86
darkmiasma
... Meh ...

Quote:
Piece-of-free-advice: There's also a nifty "ignore" feature, you can have the forum software automatically delete me ignorance from your view.

I was actually sort of fishing with the EA comment just on a hunch, I now feel it was justified.
I'm well aware of that feature.

I don't know where this elitest attitude of yours has come from, but you are acting like a spoiled child who has not been given their way.

You should act like the role-model you should be for your children ... I honestly expected better of you Dig.

- Mike

MCSE, MCSA, MCP, A+, Net+, Security+
---------------------------------------------

CPU - [ AMD Athlon X2 4200+] Motherboard - [ Asus A8N-SLI Premium] RAM - [ 2GB Crucial DDR400] Videocard - [ eVGA GeForce 7900GT KO (256MB)] Hard Drives - [ (2x) 80.0 GB WD SATA-II ] [(2x) 300.0 GB WD SATA-II] Burner - [ 16x DVD-R/RW - 48x CD-R/RW (Lite-On) ] Soundcard - [ Soundblaster Audigy 2 ] PSU - [ Antec TruePower II 550W] Case - [ Lian-Li PC61 (Plexi window, Blue SA CC Tube) ] Monitor - [ Dell FP2005 (20" Widescreen Flat Panel) ]
darkmiasma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-03, 12:37 PM   #87
digitalwanderer

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Ooooh, lemme tak

Quote:
Originally posted by BigBerthaEA
"Pissy"? If responding to self-admitted, troll-like comments with civil, to the point responses is "pissy", then I am guilty. What correspondence I have or don't have with nVidia is really my business, not yours.

You are free to continue your little "pissy" routine all by yourself...
But how can I have any funny making the monkey dance without the monkey?
[SIZE=1][I]"It was very important to us that NVIDIA did not know exactly where to aim. As a result they seem to have over-engineered in some aspects creating a power-hungry monster which is going to be very expensive for them to manufacture. We have a beautifully balanced piece of hardware that beats them on pure performance, cost, scalability, future mobile relevance, etc. That's all because they didn't know what to aim at."
-R.Huddy[/I] [/SIZE]
digitalwanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-03, 12:41 PM   #88
digitalwanderer

Quote:
Originally posted by darkmiasma
You should act like the role-model you should be for your children ... I honestly expected better of you Dig.

Sorry to disapoint ya Mike...no, not really. I was just saying that to be nice.

I'm not sorry, I'm just being me. How I behave on the net ain't really indicative of me parenting skills/attitude, I'd hope you'd be bright enough to make that distinction.

I don't like people taking on an attitude with me, I like it less when they're condescending about it...so I have fun with 'em.

If they don't want it, they don't gotta play....but when they're asking for it I'll always be willing to dish it out.

"Dig" is a manifestation of certain aspects of me personality, he ain't me complete meat-puppet. You won't be the first to make that mistake, I doubt you'll be the last.

Video cards ain't my life, but I think they are Dig's.
[SIZE=1][I]"It was very important to us that NVIDIA did not know exactly where to aim. As a result they seem to have over-engineered in some aspects creating a power-hungry monster which is going to be very expensive for them to manufacture. We have a beautifully balanced piece of hardware that beats them on pure performance, cost, scalability, future mobile relevance, etc. That's all because they didn't know what to aim at."
-R.Huddy[/I] [/SIZE]
Old 05-23-03, 01:00 PM   #89
digitalwanderer

Default Oh yeah, back on subject.

The "so called" cheating write-up, there's a bit of a follow up story up now...and Quinn ain't gonna be closing the thread over any nVidia bashing, hint-hint.
-R.Huddy[/I] [/SIZE]
Old 05-23-03, 01:03 PM   #90
The Baron

Default Re: Oh yeah, back on subject.

Quote:
The "so called" cheating write-up, there's a bit of a follow up story up now...and Quinn ain't gonna be closing the thread over any nVidia bashing, hint-hint.
For the record, the thread was closed because it was turning into a flamefest. It will be reopened once Vamp removes the flames, and if you flame (people, not companies--go ahead and flame NVIDIA, I'll be busy flaming Futuremark for being stupid ) you will probably be banned. Period end of story neener.

But yeah, I'm peeved at everybody (ATI, NVIDIA, Futuremark) for putting too much emphasis on one program.

And, it's open again
Old 05-23-03, 01:07 PM   #91
Gar
I like cats.

Default Re: Re: Oh yeah, back on subject.

Quote:
Originally posted by The Baron

But yeah, I'm peeved at everybody (ATI, NVIDIA, Futuremark) for putting too much emphasis on one program.

And, it's open again

Ok, thats fine and dandy and all but doesn't it show to the public how flawed Nvidia's hardware is compared to ATI's. When purely rendering the scene at hand, nvidia's scores dropped 24%. They now perform so much less its incredible. This does translate into games as you can't have a situation where you render so poorly on a benchmark like 3dmark03 and then perform extremely great in another DX9 game.
Gar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-03, 04:25 PM   #92
R.Carter

Default Re: Re: Re: Oh yeah, back on subject.

Quote:
Originally posted by Gar
This does translate into games as you can't have a situation where you render so poorly on a benchmark like 3dmark03 and then perform extremely great in another DX9 game.
Not if the game develpers get Nvidia to help them tweak their code so that it runs well on Nvidia cards or if they use Cg to make their shader code as that will optimize it for you.

The thing is that Futuremark didn't optimize their code for Nvidia. If I recall correctly that is part of the reason why Nvidia was complaining about the benchmark saying a "real" game wouldn't code their games in such an inefficient manner.

It does show just how sensitive the NV3x architecture is to programming style.
R.Carter is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-23-03, 08:27 PM   #93
StealthHawk

Please guys, if you have a feud with someone else feel free to PM them. Don't attack each other publically on a message board.

Cool down or this thread will be locked.