Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 11-24-09, 06:41 PM   #1405
bob saget

Send a message via MSN to bob saget Send a message via Yahoo to bob saget
Default Re: FarCry 2 Feedback Thread (PC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean_W View Post
I didn't is is 'was' the biggest, I said it's one of the biggest free roaming games, FC1 was linear and gave the impression of space. You still had to follow a path to the next level in FC1.

Fallout3, yes it's big but the main story is short so you may not see a lot of the game world if you straight follow the main story.
It's true, you can take different "virtual" paths, but the gameplay is pretty identical whichever way you take.
bob saget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-09, 06:43 PM   #1406
syndicot
*BANNED*

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob saget View Post
you are kidding me right? The original FC felt bigger. Not to mention newer games. I don't care about draw distances or anything like that.

I didn't decide to set in Africa. They could have set it on the f*cking moon. They tried to create a wide open, free-roam game, but instead (and I am exaggerating for effect), they made something like a corridor shooter outdoors. Obviously not as bad as COD games, but not far off. You just revisit the same level, but in cod you sort of move on to others. At least in cod (or literally any other modern game) there is some variety in the missions. In COD you can use different weapons to take out enemies, this is nothing new.
I will say that the dynamic winds/fires were a nice affect, but they don't save the game.

Nah, the aliens will probably just respawn after 2 minutes
Seriously though, aliens or mutants, or any of that sh*t would make the game so much more interesting. Look at Crysis: ALIENS! look at STALKER: Mutants. In FC2, the same dudes you start off fighting are the same guys who you are fighting at the end. Give me some variety. Lions, tigers, cannibals.
Cry me a river

Now you say you're sorry
For bein' so untrue
Well, you can cry me a river
syndicot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-09, 06:47 PM   #1407
bob saget

Quote:
Originally Posted by syndicot View Post
Cry me a river

Now you say you're sorry
For bein' so untrue
Well, you can cry me a river
i love you too babe.
Old 11-24-09, 07:06 PM   #1408
Sean_W

They re-spawn for a reason, so people like you get pissed off, take the same route and never learn to play more freely.
Sean_W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-09, 07:16 PM   #1409
bob saget

Quote:
They re-spawn for a reason, so people like you get pissed off, take the same route and never learn to play more freely.
Well obviously they respawn for a reason, I just take the route that's natural for me to take. If my goal is to get to point A, and there are two ways to get there, going there and back, I am going to pick the point of least resistance, even if it's the same both ways. The number of enemies and gameplay risks determine which way I am gonna take. In FC2, it doesn't matter cause all the gameplay, to an extent, is identical. The boats, the cars, the walking. It gets old so fast....
Old 11-24-09, 07:55 PM   #1410
mojoman0

Quote:
Far Cry 3 in Development, "Looks Pretty Exciting," Says Ubisoft Writer
http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3177074
mojoman0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-09, 07:05 AM   #1411
Sean_W

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob saget View Post
Well obviously they respawn for a reason, I just take the route that's natural for me to take. If my goal is to get to point A, and there are two ways to get there, going there and back, I am going to pick the point of least resistance, even if it's the same both ways. The number of enemies and gameplay risks determine which way I am gonna take. In FC2, it doesn't matter cause all the gameplay, to an extent, is identical. The boats, the cars, the walking. It gets old so fast....
I've enjoyed the game and have got over 20 hours gameplay out of it so far. I used to think the same way when I first played the game, adjusted my strategy and thinking and the game is much more enjoyable.
Sean_W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-09, 10:33 AM   #1412
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Send a message via AIM to NarcissistZero

If the enemy checkpoints on respawned when you exited the game I would be ok with that, even. The best would be they never respawn once you unlock them though.

In any case I don't think it has anything to do with playing it as a more open shooter... no matter where you go there are checkpoints.
I gots one of them high powered gaming computers with an EVGA GTX 480 video thingy and a Q9550 processing device and also one of them Windows 7 64 operating programs with 4GB of some Corsair 1033 DDR2 ram.

Steam, Xbox Live and PSN: StingingVelvet
NarcissistZero is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-25-09, 10:44 AM   #1413
syndicot
*BANNED*

This is hilarious, people complaining about respawning in FC2 when STALKER does the exact same thing and its actually even worse because anyone who has played STALKER knows that the enemys are no where near as easily killed as those in FC2.

Yet no one ever complains about this issue in STALKER.
Old 11-25-09, 10:47 AM   #1414
syndicot
*BANNED*

Quote:
I used to think the same way when I first played the game, adjusted my strategy and thinking and the game is much more enjoyable.
That is the key to enjoying this game. I have noticed a trend that most people who complain about FC2 are the very same people who love mindless run and gun first person shooters where no thinking or skill is involved whatsoever.

Not that there is anything wrong with games such as Deadspace, COD, Fear etc as they are fun in their own respect.
Old 11-25-09, 10:54 AM   #1415
trivium nate

Farcry 3 is in the works
42"Vizio TV-1920x1080-1080P-120Hertz//Win 7 Ultimate(64)//XBox360-pc controller
Saitek Eclipse 2 keyboard//Razer DeathAdder Mouse//250gb-Xbox 360//160gb-PS3
trivium nate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-09, 10:54 AM   #1416
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Send a message via AIM to NarcissistZero

Quote:
Originally Posted by syndicot View Post
This is hilarious, people complaining about respawning in FC2 when STALKER does the exact same thing and its actually even worse because anyone who has played STALKER knows that the enemys are no where near as easily killed as those in FC2.

Yet no one ever complains about this issue in STALKER.
I haven't played much Stalker to be honest. A good comparison to "call me out" on would be Fallout 3, but combat is so simple and quick in that game, like Oblivion before it, that it is not annoying. Plus the enemies you encounter while wandering are more rare.

In Far Cry 2 I have to shoot dudes every 2 seconds, and they take 10 body shots to kill, and they usually have a massive jeep gattling gun, and it's just annoying.
I gots one of them high powered gaming computers with an EVGA GTX 480 video thingy and a Q9550 processing device and also one of them Windows 7 64 operating programs with 4GB of some Corsair 1033 DDR2 ram.

Steam, Xbox Live and PSN: StingingVelvet
NarcissistZero is offline   Reply With Quote