Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 11-25-09, 11:59 AM   #1417
Sean_W

Default Re: FarCry 2 Feedback Thread (PC)

I'm doing a mission right now that allows me to take various routes.

1. I can go see my Buddy and do it his way.

2. I can use the bus to get to my buddy and avoid checkpoints.

3. I can use the river to get to my buddy.

4 I can get a jeep and use the roads.

5. I can use these routes to get to my main mission.

6. I can use the other routes to get back to the centre of the map.

7. If I use the road and the road back, I will hit the same checkpoints. <---Linear way.
Sean_W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-09, 12:03 PM   #1418
Sean_W

Quote:
Originally Posted by NarcissistZero View Post
I haven't played much Stalker to be honest. A good comparison to "call me out" on would be Fallout 3, but combat is so simple and quick in that game, like Oblivion before it, that it is not annoying. Plus the enemies you encounter while wandering are more rare.

In Far Cry 2 I have to shoot dudes every 2 seconds, and they take 10 body shots to kill, and they usually have a massive jeep gattling gun, and it's just annoying.
See number 7 on my list. Yes they will come after you if you try to drive by checkpoints, clearly.
Old 11-25-09, 12:22 PM   #1419
syndicot
*BANNED*

Quote:
Originally Posted by NarcissistZero View Post
I haven't played much Stalker to be honest. A good comparison to "call me out" on would be Fallout 3, but combat is so simple and quick in that game, like Oblivion before it, that it is not annoying. Plus the enemies you encounter while wandering are more rare.

In Far Cry 2 I have to shoot dudes every 2 seconds, and they take 10 body shots to kill, and they usually have a massive jeep gattling gun, and it's just annoying.
They take a few body shots but 10 is an exaggeration. Aim for the head and they go down easy. FC2 is probably one of the easiest games I have played in a long while.
syndicot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-09, 12:25 PM   #1420
syndicot
*BANNED*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean_W View Post
See number 7 on my list. Yes they will come after you if you try to drive by checkpoints, clearly.
Even then they are so easy to kill. Just stop your car, get out and when the Jeep stops chasing you they will get out as well and then you let them have it, its so simple.
Old 11-25-09, 01:53 PM   #1421
nekrosoft13
I'm Geralt

Quote:
Originally Posted by syndicot View Post
This is hilarious, people complaining about respawning in FC2 when STALKER does the exact same thing and its actually even worse because anyone who has played STALKER knows that the enemys are no where near as easily killed as those in FC2.

Yet no one ever complains about this issue in STALKER.
1) respawn times are slower in stalker
2) you don't go through he same area in stalker over and over and over and over
3) enemies can be avoided in stalker, you can keep running, and eventually they stop shooting
4) in far cry you go from A to B to do a mission, hit two checkpoints, go back from B to A (because often that is the only way) and both checkpoints have respawned already
Old 11-25-09, 02:00 PM   #1422
bob saget

Send a message via MSN to bob saget Send a message via Yahoo to bob saget

Quote:
Originally Posted by syndicot View Post
This is hilarious, people complaining about respawning in FC2 when STALKER does the exact same thing and its actually even worse because anyone who has played STALKER knows that the enemys are no where near as easily killed as those in FC2.
Yet no one ever complains about this issue in STALKER.
I noticed that once, in Clear Sky. ONE TIME. I cleaned out a warehouse, on the way back (5ish minutes later), got a message to retake it again. Yes, that was bad, but STALKER makes up for that with other amazing aspects. FC2 does not have that. That's why everyone complains about it, the respawning totally kills it. I don't understand how such a massive flaw could have made it into the game. Don't they have playtesters and such?
bob saget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-09, 02:04 PM   #1423
|MaguS|

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekrosoft13 View Post
1) respawn times are slower in stalker
2) you don't go through he same area in stalker over and over and over and over
3) enemies can be avoided in stalker, you can keep running, and eventually they stop shooting
4) in far cry you go from A to B to do a mission, hit two checkpoints, go back from B to A (because often that is the only way) and both checkpoints have respawned already
Heck its so bad the respawning in Far Cry 2 that you can be working on cearling an area and parts of the area you passed are already respawning...
Old 11-25-09, 02:05 PM   #1424
bob saget

Send a message via MSN to bob saget Send a message via Yahoo to bob saget

Quote:
I'm doing a mission right now that allows me to take various routes.

1. I can go see my Buddy and do it his way. usually requires travel, which means checkpoints

2. I can use the bus to get to my buddy and avoid checkpoints.to get to the bus stop, I think there would be usually at least one checkpoint

3. I can use the river to get to my buddy.there is usually a checkpoint guarding the boats, or along the river

4 I can get a jeep and use the roads. checkpoint

5. I can use these routes to get to my main mission.moar checkpoint

6. I can use the other routes to get back to the centre of the map.
get it?

Quote:
7. If I use the road and the road back, I will hit the same checkpoints. <---Linear way.
Why would I not wanna do it this way, if the enjoyment level is the same?
bob saget is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-25-09, 02:10 PM   #1425
syndicot
*BANNED*

Quote:
1) respawn times are slower in stalker.
Even if they are its still far far more annoying than that of FC2 where the enemies can be taken out very quickly and easily.

Quote:
2) you don't go through he same area in stalker over and over and over and over.
Im not sure which stalker you have been playing but this could not be further from the truth, there is plenty of back tracking in stalker.

Quote:
3) enemies can be avoided in stalker, you can keep running, and eventually they stop shooting.
Enemies can also be avoided in FC2 as someone else here has already mentioned. Stay off the road more, use the river and jungle if you want to avoid respawning check points.

Quote:
Like I said before, you dont have to take the same path each and every time, the jungle and rivers are there for a reason. Good grief, I cant even believe im having to explain this.
Old 11-25-09, 02:13 PM   #1426
Sean_W

Why are you so bothered about checkpoints? And why can you not see past this feature?

It's a county at war, where you move in between other people's territories, hello?
Old 11-25-09, 02:23 PM   #1427
syndicot
*BANNED*

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob saget View Post
I noticed that once, in Clear Sky. ONE TIME. I cleaned out a warehouse, on the way back (5ish minutes later), got a message to retake it again. Yes, that was bad, but STALKER makes up for that with other amazing aspects. FC2 does not have that. That's why everyone complains about it, the respawning totally kills it. I don't understand how such a massive flaw could have made it into the game. Don't they have playtesters and such?

You must have never played the first stalker, thats the one im talking about anyway. The respawning in that game was absolutely terrible. As for clearsky it might be better now, I really dont know because I have not played much of that one yet.
Old 11-25-09, 02:24 PM   #1428
|MaguS|

Quote:
Why are you so bothered about checkpoints? And why can you not see past this feature?

It's a county at war, where you move in between other people's territories, hello?
And yet you have no allies on the field... every checkpoint is an opposition. If it were a war with feuding territories that you are working for then you would think they would have some checkpoints of their own yet once you leave the "towns" everyone you see is an enemy.

The game had a horrible design, stop defending it. I should not be able to clear a checkpoint, get right out of its view and return to have it fully respawned in less then 5mins.