Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 11-25-09, 01:31 PM   #1429
syndicot
*BANNED*

Default Re: FarCry 2 Feedback Thread (PC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by |MaguS| View Post
stop defending it.
Im sure he will, right after you stop defending the PS3.
syndicot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-09, 01:32 PM   #1430
Sean_W

Quote:
Originally Posted by |MaguS| View Post
And yet you have no allies on the field... every checkpoint is an opposition. If it were a war with feuding territories that you are working for then you would think they would have some checkpoints of their own yet once you leave the "towns" everyone you see is an enemy.

The game had a horrible design, stop defending it. I should not be able to clear a checkpoint, get right out of its view and return to have it fully respawned in less then 5mins.
Are you for real or what? Did you play this game for 10 seconds or just not listen to what is going off?

When you do the missions, they clearly state that you will not get any help and even get attacked by the factions' soldiers. Your buddies are the ones that help you in various ways, since only they are the ones that know what you're doing.

You don't work as a team and the factions don't help you out, they pay you and the missions are kept secret, only your buddies know and offer an alternate solution.
Sean_W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-09, 01:38 PM   #1431
syndicot
*BANNED*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean_W View Post
Are you for real or what? Did you play this game for 10 seconds or just not listen to what is going off?

When you do the missions, they clearly state that you will not get any help and even get attacked by the factions' soldiers. Your buddies are the ones that help you in various ways, since only they are the ones that know what you're doing.
Just leave them be Sean W, most of these haters are the same people that play the game all of 10-15 minutes and then cast it off as junk.

To many times I have talked to people who were like that and then once they decided to go back and give the game another try only to realize that they were wrong in there opinions of the game once they logged in a few hours with it.

Just leave the simple minded ones to their simple run and gun no brains required shootem ups.
syndicot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-09, 01:45 PM   #1432
Sean_W

Quote:
Originally Posted by syndicot View Post
Just leave them be Sean W, most of these haters are the same people that play the game all of 10-15 minutes and then cast it off as junk.

To many times I have talked to people who were like that and then once they decided to go back and give the game another try only to realize that they were wrong in there opinions of the game once they logged in a few hours with it.

Just leave the simple minded ones to their simple run and gun no brains required shootem ups.
Yep, clearly they haven't played it long enough and think the point of the game is to clear the checkpoints over and over again.
Sean_W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-09, 02:08 PM   #1433
bob saget

Send a message via MSN to bob saget Send a message via Yahoo to bob saget

Quote:
You must have never played the first stalker, thats the one im talking about anyway. The respawning in that game was absolutely terrible. As for clearsky it might be better now, I really dont know because I have not played much of that one yet.
In the first STALKER, I didn't notice it once, something about the amazing atmosphere and interesting characters, gripping story, etc. There are sections where you have to go into the bottom or depths of a building to activator retrieve an item, and as you make your way back, enemies appear. This does not ruin it at all for me. In the second one, you are sort of accustomed to it, so it's easier to notice flaws.

EDIT: I finished farcry2 btw, with all the side missions done, but very few diamonds found. The problem also is there is really no point in finding diamonds cause the cash you get from the missions is so much.
bob saget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-09, 02:43 PM   #1434
CaptNKILL
CUBE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean_W View Post
Freedom is sometimes overrated anyway, but FC2 is one of the biggest games out there to roam. FC2 is set in Africa, a completely different place than Stalker is set in and there for changes the game mechanics.

Next you'll be saying it should of had a secret Area51 like base with alien technology stored in it.
Daggerfall was big.

You could set something on the walk button and leave it there for a month and never cross the world map.

But that doesn't mean there was anything even remotely interesting within that world that wasn't part of the main quest...
ASUS VW266H 25.5" LCD - OCZ GameXStream 700W PSU - ASUS Xonar DX - Logitech Z-5500 5.1 Surround - Windows 7 Professional x64
---- HTPC ---- Asus M3A78-EM 780G - AMD Athlon X2 5050e 45W @ 2.6Ghz - 2x2GB Kingston PC2-6400 DDR2 - Sparkle 350W PSU
Seagate 7200.10 320Gb SATA - Seagate 7200.10 250Gb SATA - Athenatech A100BB.350 MicroATX Desktop - Creative X-Fi XtremeMusic
CaptNKILL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-09, 02:55 PM   #1435
|MaguS|

Quote:
I cast it off as junk because that is what it is, a junk game. No game should be designed that an area respawns 2 mins after clearing it. There is no excuse for such a bad design flaw.

You can argue the factions but the fact of the matter is that the faction system was broken and stupid aswell as the Malaria spin was annoying more then it was interesting.
Old 11-25-09, 03:59 PM   #1436
Redeemed

Wow- should I regret bumping this thread? I didn't intend to start a debate.

Just merely wanted to say that I finally got it, installed it, and was enjoying it. Wasn't wanting any feathers to get ruffled.

Ya'll relax, sip a brewskie, and enjoy the holidays. Stop bickering.
Redeemed is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-25-09, 04:06 PM   #1437
bob saget

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redeemed View Post
Ya'll relax, sip a brewskie, and enjoy the holidays. Stop bickering.
Never! What else am I supposed to be doing at 2pm onna Wednesday?
Old 11-25-09, 04:09 PM   #1438
Redeemed

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob saget View Post
Never! What else am I supposed to be doing at 2pm onna Wednesday?
Ya'll cannucks don't do Thanksgiving, do you?

Well, then, carry on.
Old 11-25-09, 04:12 PM   #1439
bob saget

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redeemed View Post
Ya'll cannucks don't do Thanksgiving, do you?

Well, then, carry on.
I am eating 3/4s of a whole chicken, does that count?
Old 11-25-09, 04:14 PM   #1440
Redeemed

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob saget View Post
I am eating 3/4s of a whole chicken, does that count?

Sure does.