Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 11-25-09, 04:23 PM   #1441
Sean_W

Default Re: FarCry 2 Feedback Thread (PC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by |MaguS| View Post
I cast it off as junk because that is what it is, a junk game. No game should be designed that an area respawns 2 mins after clearing it. There is no excuse for such a bad design flaw.

You can argue the factions but the fact of the matter is that the faction system was broken and stupid aswell as the Malaria spin was annoying more then it was interesting.
What this means is, you've gone back through the same checkpoints, having to clear them again and again. This is not how you play the game, maybe you missed that part?

Malaria in Africa? 'NO WAY, THAT'S NOT REALISTIC AT ALL' Why didn't they put a local drug store every mile with 24hour opening times on the front.
Sean_W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-09, 04:39 PM   #1442
Destroy

This will go round and round like the save anywhere/ no save anywhere game design debate.

Don't like instant spawn, don't pick a path to go through the same check point right away.

Vista64 Home Premium
Gigabyte GA-EP35C-DS3R
CPU E8500 with Corsair H50 cooler
HIS 6970, always 19x10res
Memory 8 Gig OCZ 1000@1024
Display Westinghouse 37" LVM-37w1 LCD monitor
Destroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-09, 05:37 PM   #1443
bob saget

Send a message via MSN to bob saget Send a message via Yahoo to bob saget

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destroy View Post
This will go round and round like the save anywhere/ no save anywhere game design debate.

Don't like instant spawn, don't pick a path to go through the same check point right away.
That's the problem. When I am playing a game, it should just be like natural. "I feel I wanna go there," then I go. "I feel like I wanna explore there," so I go there. Now it's like "well, I can't go there, cause the soldiers respawned there," but pretty much every enemy you fight is a respawned soldier at a checkpoint, so you can't get away from it, and you can't really bypass checkpoints either. Setting limits like that for yourself totally ruins it.
It's just they made it so blatantly obvious in a game that tries to mimic realism.
bob saget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-09, 05:38 PM   #1444
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Send a message via AIM to NarcissistZero

In general though, bitching about more FPS combat in an FPS combat game just seems silly. There are underlying flaws in the game that make the combat not that great to begin with, so more of it is annoying.
I gots one of them high powered gaming computers with an EVGA GTX 480 video thingy and a Q9550 processing device and also one of them Windows 7 64 operating programs with 4GB of some Corsair 1033 DDR2 ram.

Steam, Xbox Live and PSN: StingingVelvet
NarcissistZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-09, 05:50 PM   #1445
bob saget

Quote:
Originally Posted by NarcissistZero View Post
In general though, bitching about more FPS combat in an FPS combat game just seems silly. There are underlying flaws in the game that make the combat not that great to begin with, so more of it is annoying.
I don't even know why farcry2 annoyed me to the extent that it did. I never felt this level of annoyance towards any other single game, ever. Maye cause they promised the world.
Old 11-25-09, 09:59 PM   #1446
Redeemed

I'm having a lot of fun with this game. The respawning isn't bothering me as the enemies tend to die real quickly and easily.
Redeemed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-09, 10:29 PM   #1447
bob saget

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redeemed View Post
I'm having a lot of fun with this game. The respawning isn't bothering me as the enemies tend to die real quickly and easily.
Yea, especially at the later level with the nade-launcher jeeps, just set up camp far from the checkpoint and blow it to kingdom come.
Once, an arms convoy I was supposed to blow, passed by me and disappeared over a hilltop. I just spammed nades over over the hill until the "completed mission" sign came up
Old 11-25-09, 10:34 PM   #1448
Redeemed

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob saget View Post
Yea, especially at the later level with the nade-launcher jeeps, just set up camp far from the checkpoint and blow it to kingdom come.
Once, an arms convoy I was supposed to blow, passed by me and disappeared over a hilltop. I just spammed nades over over the hill until the "completed mission" sign came up

That's incredible. I just love this game.
Redeemed is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-25-09, 10:36 PM   #1449
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Send a message via AIM to NarcissistZero

The bow and arrow explosive thing-a-ma-jigger is awesome. Perhaps worth the $5 DLC price on its own.
I gots one of them high powered gaming computers with an EVGA GTX 480 video thingy and a Q9550 processing device and also one of them Windows 7 64 operating programs with 4GB of some Corsair 1033 DDR2 ram.

Steam, Xbox Live and PSN: StingingVelvet
NarcissistZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-09, 02:14 AM   #1450
crainger

Send a message via AIM to crainger

The 'Gold' version is 10 buck on Steam. Ima get it
crainger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-09, 05:54 AM   #1451
Greg

I'm sure I said this 100 forum pages ago, but this game starts off dull and then gets addictive. Playing with fire is kind of therapeutic. When you realize it is a game, with lots of fun elements, and just happens to be presented as a 1st person shooter, it all just works.
Greg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-09, 07:56 AM   #1452
Greg

Just reinstalled FC2 (caught up in the nostalgia). Argh! the mouse acceleration (more like deceleration actually) in the menus! Was there a solid work around for this? I can't remember it, or find it after much Googling.

Edit: Pushing the in game mouse sensitivity way up and the real mouse sensitivity down a little to compensate, is somewhat playable, but not ideal. Please do pipe up if the fix is known.
Greg is offline   Reply With Quote