Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 06-24-09, 11:55 AM   #1237
Yaboze

Default Re: Fallout 3 Feedback Thread

**** Spoilers ****

I finished it, either I missed something or it was really short. I did all the Desmond quest lines. I looked around for other things and couldn't find anything. God, this pack is a little longer than the "Those!" quest line. Lame. Crap reward at the end and killing both guys gives the same results pretty much. I think I'm done with Fallout 3.

Finished at Level 28.
Yaboze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-09, 12:48 PM   #1238
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Send a message via AIM to NarcissistZero

It has like 5 quests besides the 3 main quests... plus tons of other exploring stuff... you're like 1/4th done, at the most.
I gots one of them high powered gaming computers with an EVGA GTX 480 video thingy and a Q9550 processing device and also one of them Windows 7 64 operating programs with 4GB of some Corsair 1033 DDR2 ram.

Steam, Xbox Live and PSN: StingingVelvet
NarcissistZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-09, 05:43 PM   #1239
omzig
Comfortably Numb

Loving it sofar kinda feels like FO meets rez evil but not as spooky

its nice to explore an area thats not just all blased waste land & that desmond guy is a F'in hoot and those inbreeds are hard as nails but a sneaky shotgun in the face seems to almost do the trick everytime

checkout the new fuzz hat

omzig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-09, 02:55 PM   #1240
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Point Look is easily the best DLC... I have been wandering the new area doing quests for days and have not been bored yet, and I haven't even done the main questline...

Simply wonderful.
I gots one of them high powered gaming computers with an EVGA GTX 480 video thingy and a Q9550 processing device and also one of them Windows 7 64 operating programs with 4GB of some Corsair 1033 DDR2 ram.

Old 06-29-09, 03:54 PM   #1241
Protoplasym

That pic looks awesome with the water!

As much fun as I've had with Morrowind so far (MGE mod) and considering I'm not even a 100th of the way through that adventure: I'm sure FO3 is going to be amazing.
Still have that one and ESIV to finish first though.

The way I play: FO4'll probably be out by the time I start 3, lol.

Question for you guys, do you think all 5 of these EXPs for FO3 are truly worth it? My answer without even playing any of it/knowing what's up (OCD gamer that I am), I'd say yes, but from the standpoint that y'all've gone through these 'new' lands/etc, was/is it all well done?

Reason I ask is because I'm quite surprised that Bethesda came up with FIVE EXPs worth in the span of a year when it looks like the EXPs for ESIII/IV took much longer to come up with... I'm not insinuating that B. half assed anything, but I'm curious what y'alls opinion is.

thks
Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Audio
2 GBs DDR 2 [800] RAM
ASUS MB

280 Legit Games installed

(2) 500 GB drives
(1) 80 GB drive (houses the OS only)
Protoplasym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-09, 04:02 PM   #1242
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

I think except for Anchorage they were all very well done and priced correctly. Point Loookout, Broken Steel and The Pitt all put together are definately expansion sized, and thus expansion priced.

If you are going to wait that long to play the game though, just get the GOTY version with everything included for $50 at the end of the year.

Old 06-29-09, 04:17 PM   #1243
Protoplasym

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViN86 View Post
You've never updated drivers before?

And for the record, if you're really worried, just make sure you use WHQL signed drivers. I bet you will get a nice performance boost over your current drivers too. You do realize that they not only fix issues, they optimize the drivers as well.
nopers

Yeah, it's that I'm pretty worried that I'll lose functionality with a slew of games... for example: some games that I can force V-Sync or AA or both on with the 169.21s might not work that way anymore and I'll be stuck with Tears and Jaggies.

Or old games will run like crap on the latest drivers compared to the old 169s I'm on.

I still haven't decided if I'm going to wait for 4TB drives to come out so I can fill my remaining two drive bays... or if I'm going to scrap this project and start over with a newer fast build next year.

I've got 260+ atm that run perfectly, so I'm in no rush. Not to mention I've only completed maybe 20 of them, lol. My hands are full so I'm cool for now.
2 GBs DDR 2 [800] RAM
ASUS MB

(2) 500 GB drives
Old 06-29-09, 04:18 PM   #1244
Protoplasym

Quote:
Originally Posted by NarcissistZero View Post
I think except for Anchorage they were all very well done and priced correctly. Point Loookout, Broken Steel and The Pitt all put together are definately expansion sized, and thus expansion priced.

If you are going to wait that long to play the game though, just get the GOTY version with everything included for $50 at the end of the year.
Thanks for the assessment!

Yeah, that's exactly what I'm doing.
2 GBs DDR 2 [800] RAM
ASUS MB

(2) 500 GB drives

Old 07-01-09, 12:42 AM   #1245
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

In case I didn't make it clear last time, I freakin' LOVE Point Lookout. It's one of the best $10 bills I have ever spent.

Still nowhere in the main quest, but I've spent over 15 hours wandering around and finding interesting things. Did a sidequest about Chinese Spies tonight and it was one of the best Fallout 3 quests I've played.

Old 07-01-09, 02:52 PM   #1246
Protoplasym

Quote:
Originally Posted by NarcissistZero View Post
In case I didn't make it clear last time, I freakin' LOVE Point Lookout. It's one of the best $10 bills I have ever spent.

Still nowhere in the main quest, but I've spent over 15 hours wandering around and finding interesting things. Did a sidequest about Chinese Spies tonight and it was one of the best Fallout 3 quests I've played.
Time well spent, lol... that sounds totally badass!!!
2 GBs DDR 2 [800] RAM
ASUS MB

(2) 500 GB drives
Old 07-01-09, 11:03 PM   #1247
jkmetal

Just messing around now with the game. Might get operation anchorage but probably won't. Love this game to death. More than morrowind. I thought I would never say this, but i just did.
Old 07-01-09, 11:08 PM   #1248
nekrosoft13
I'm Geralt

operation anchorage is the worst add-on. totally useless