Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 10-30-08, 12:46 AM   #181
duffy_chucky
*BANNED*

Default Re: Fallout 3 Official Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelGraves13 View Post
Anyone else always get a crash or application hang on exit? I always have to manually end the task.

WTF

Also, I find this strange in RenderInfo in the Fallout 3 folder in Documents\My Games

Renderer Device Information:
NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GTX/9800 GTX+
nvd3dum.dll
RenderPath : BSSM_SV_2_A
PSversion : 300
VSversion : 300
VStarget : vs_2_0
PStarget : ps_2_a
PS2xtarget : ps_2_a
maxPS20inst : 512
3.0 Support : yes
3.0 Lighting : yes
Nonpowerof2textures : yes
FP16ARGB blending : yes
FP16ARGB filtering : yes
High dynamic range : yes
Bloom lighting : no
Refraction : yes
2.0 hairw : yes
SLI mode : no
Water shader : yes
Water reflections : yes
Water displacement : yes
Water high res : yes
Multisample Type : 1
Transparency MS : no
Shader Package : 13
HW Thread Count : 2

This game isn't even SM 3.0? LAME!!!!

i have 2_B with my ATI card
duffy_chucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-08, 02:30 AM   #182
crainger

Send a message via AIM to crainger

2_B? That's DirectX8!?! You fail!

::
crainger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-08, 02:48 AM   #183
duffy_chucky
*BANNED*

i think shader model 2.xxx is DX9 anyway.

/failing fail
Old 10-30-08, 03:08 AM   #184
EciDemon

Send a message via ICQ to EciDemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelGraves13 View Post
Anyone else always get a crash or application hang on exit? I always have to manually end the task.

WTF

Also, I find this strange in RenderInfo in the Fallout 3 folder in Documents\My Games

Renderer Device Information:
NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GTX/9800 GTX+
nvd3dum.dll
RenderPath : BSSM_SV_2_A
PSversion : 300
VSversion : 300
VStarget : vs_2_0
PStarget : ps_2_a
PS2xtarget : ps_2_a
maxPS20inst : 512
3.0 Support : yes
3.0 Lighting : yes
Nonpowerof2textures : yes
FP16ARGB blending : yes
FP16ARGB filtering : yes
High dynamic range : yes
Bloom lighting : no
Refraction : yes
2.0 hairw : yes
SLI mode : no
Water shader : yes
Water reflections : yes
Water displacement : yes
Water high res : yes
Multisample Type : 1
Transparency MS : no
Shader Package : 13
HW Thread Count : 2

This game isn't even SM 3.0? LAME!!!!
Hit Tilde to bring up the console, then enter "qqq" without quotes to instantly end the game and go to desktop without crashing. Works for me, this is how I always quit oblivion when I played it.

You can also name your saves in the same manner as in oblivion with "save [name of your save]" w/o quotes from the console. I always have a primary save and a temp save.

"fov" change fov, default I think is 75

showracemenu also works should you wish to alter your looks, ive not tested anything else yet but im sure all console commands from oblivion works.
EciDemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-08, 03:54 AM   #185
K007

Quote:
Originally Posted by duffy_chucky View Post
i have 2_B with my ATI card
I got 2B as well..what does that mean -.-

Also the game is not bad. I only had about a few mins of play, i switch to like 3rd person view, because i want to be able to see my character -.-...

Anyway, the game also crashed for me on exit...

One thing....Character face models are much better than oblivion but still . A lot of blurry textures around...need really high ress textures..i think PC's can handle it np. The game engine feels like CoD4 engine in low-medium textures with billi filtering...
K007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-08, 05:03 AM   #186
wysiwyg

damn thats dissapointing
wysiwyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-08, 06:16 AM   #187
nekrosoft13
I'm Geralt

Quote:
Originally Posted by K007 View Post
I hope that it is not running on Shader 2.0b for you. It is old Pixel Shader used by few older ATi cards and Nvidia FX series.
Old 10-30-08, 06:19 AM   #188
duffy_chucky
*BANNED*

Quote:
Originally Posted by K007 View Post

Also the game is not bad. I only had about a few mins of play, i switch to like 3rd person view, because i want to be able to see my character -.-...

Anyway, the game also crashed for me on exit...

One thing....Character face models are much better than oblivion but still . A lot of blurry textures around...need really high ress textures..i think PC's can handle it np. The game engine feels like CoD4 engine in low-medium textures with billi filtering...
put anisotropic on 16x. and you can force trilinear mipmapping too .

anyway the game rocks. great ambiance , great color. i just blew up megaton the start town. i reactivated the nuke . when i saw my reward i laugh . a band a crappy nazi richmen they are (i won't spoile)

Old 10-30-08, 06:31 AM   #189
K007

Yea i already have everything on maxed. Runs like butter. I think i might enjoy this game...but i still wish they could have kept the old gameplay style.

Anyway...going to play this game hard on the weekend, cant wait. Hopefully pick up dead space next week, wish i didn't get fc2 tho...what a lame game -.-
K007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-08, 06:58 AM   #190
wysiwyg

press reviews

http://www.bit-tech.net/gaming/2008/10/29/fallout-3/3

Quote:
Issues
Unfortunately, it isn’t all smooth sailing for Fallout 3 and though the game as a whole is appealing, accessible and enjoyable there are a few places which are notably unpolished and uncomfortable for the PC platform.

The most noticeable is the interface, which feels very console-ish and unwieldy on the PC. Bethesda has increased the number of voice actors, but you still only have three dialogue options visible at once for no reason. It makes dialogue quickly become irritating as you endlessly scroll through options.

Using the PIP-boy is a bit of a hassle as well a lot of the time. On a console, it makes sense to have one central system to manage your stats, data and items since you have only so many buttons. On a PC though, it’s just annoying forcing the player to cycle through tabs and filters.

The very scale of the interface is annoying too, with the shop screen being particularly uninformative. Rather than make full use of the screen space, all information is maddeningly abbreviated so that it takes a good long while before you can really read info at a glance and recognise what ammo is good for what gun and what damage it’ll do.

Failout 3 Fallout 3 - Faults

Oh, and don’t even get us started on the world and local maps, which prove to be incredibly difficult to navigate precisely with.

The real problem though is that it’s very clear that there’s an excellent PC game here, but a lot of it is unfortunately hidden underneath an interface that makes too many concessions to the console world. With the Oblivion version of the BT mod, Fallout 3 would come on in leaps and bounds, so it’s just a shame that Bethesda chose the Xbox 360 as the lead platform for the game.
http://www.crispygamer.com/gamerevie...lout-3-pc.aspx

Quote:
The predominant palette is grey.
http://www.atomicgamer.com/article.php?id=672

Quote:
Sure, the game has some pretty obvious flaws and issues. The character animations aren't quite up to par for today's standards, the game focuses more on combat than previous games in the series, and both enemy and friendly AI is a little strange (but few games even bother to try to do AI "right").

meh..
wysiwyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-08, 08:07 AM   #191
CaptNKILL
CUBE

I think I figured out why the game feels like it gets sluggish all the time.

Apparently everything actually slows down when your framerate drops below ~63. I have fraps running and I noticed that the sound of my footsteps was fast some times and slow other times. Then I realized it changed depending on where I was facing. If I stand somewhere and turn, the mouse will actually slow down slightly and get a little stuttery (very slight but noticeable for me) the second that FRAPS says the framerate is under 65. When it goes over 65 it smooths out. If I'm moving while I do this I actually move faster when the frame rate is over 65 and the foot step sounds are faster. I timed how long it took to run between two points and it took 4 seconds facing one direction and 5 seconds facing the opposite direction.

What the hell is this all about? Games aren't supposed to change speed with the rendering frame rate...

Above 65 is where it feels right but under that it feels like its dropping every other frame or something. As a comparison, Crysis and The Witcher feel responsive and completely smooth at 35-45fps.
ASUS VW266H 25.5" LCD - OCZ GameXStream 700W PSU - ASUS Xonar DX - Logitech Z-5500 5.1 Surround - Windows 7 Professional x64
---- HTPC ---- Asus M3A78-EM 780G - AMD Athlon X2 5050e 45W @ 2.6Ghz - 2x2GB Kingston PC2-6400 DDR2 - Sparkle 350W PSU
Seagate 7200.10 320Gb SATA - Seagate 7200.10 250Gb SATA - Athenatech A100BB.350 MicroATX Desktop - Creative X-Fi XtremeMusic
CaptNKILL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-08, 08:10 AM   #192
nekrosoft13
I'm Geralt

if that is the case, it is either a bug or engine fault.