Newegg Daily Deals

Old 10-30-08, 07:29 PM   #241
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Send a message via AIM to NarcissistZero
Default Re: Fallout 3 Official Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptNKILL View Post
Wow that is surprising. Good to hear though. Its a good sign if they actually took the time to make the game work if you do things out of order. Most games either rely on unrealistic triggers to make you do things one step at a time or the quest scripts get broken if you do things out of order.
Yeah, in that kind of situation I would normally expect the woman to say "I'm busy right now, can't talk" or something, then after all parameters were met she would spill the beans. I was VERY surprised a game in 2008 allowed me to skip ahead like that... It's very cool it does so (though I am wondering if I can still do the GNR quests now).

As everyone should know, somewhere out there is an android who doesn't know he's an android... it's exciting to wonder who it is, and to also now know I might have already killed it, or helped it, or whatever, without even knowing, because the game does not seem to use triggers.
NarcissistZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-08, 09:50 PM   #242
hirantha
SUC SUDO

I have one problem, why does the game feel too easy? disarming mines never fail and killing mutants at early lvls are too easy. whats up with that?..

Look me up in AION and GW2
Game Tag: Famorak
hirantha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-08, 09:56 PM   #243
six_storm

Send a message via Skype™ to six_storm

SPOILERS

Just finished "Blood Ties", met the Family and brought Ian back to Arefu. Pretty fun game still, just takes a lot of time. (Blood ties alone took me about 2 hours)
six_storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-08, 12:06 AM   #244
Mr. Hunt
Rectal Gravy Connoisseur

Beat the game... did a fair amount of sidequests also... ending sucks, won't spoil it.
Mr. Hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-08, 12:07 AM   #245
|MaguS|

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hunt View Post
Beat the game... did a fair amount of sidequests also... ending sucks, won't spoil it.
You are your own father?
Old 10-31-08, 12:18 AM   #246
crainger

Send a message via AIM to crainger

No. Your father is Uriel Septim with a cowboy hat.
crainger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-08, 03:51 AM   #247
EciDemon

Send a message via ICQ to EciDemon

A pretty decent game for what it is, but Fallout it ain't if you ask me.
Bethesda's own ideas are fine but they feel a bit misplaced in the fallout universe. Graphics and art direction I think is good but animation is not on par making the illusion crumble (running around in 3rd person view looks really stiff just as in oblivion)

Tagging a skill suxx bad, a one time 15 pts bonus, it should have been as before where you get 2points for every point you spend on a tagged skill.

Explorer perk is also bad, I kinda like to find a big whale and a petunia every now and then

Vampires!? ... course every elderscroll game had them so .. *Fallout Producer to staff:* "Ok listen up, for every aspect of Oblivion you successfully convert to Fallout you get a cookie!"
EciDemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-08, 03:52 AM   #248
jeffmd
Has a vegetation fetish

NarcissistZero, I did the exact same thing! Paid the 100 quid for the info but wanted to finish the quest in the town, esp the crazy lady quest since her entire quest line seems to be about introducing all the elements in the game. Unfortunately the 3rd chapter has you goto rivet city and thus skipping the radio section of the quest line. I have no idea if it was a large portion of the story line though..I don't imagin it was. Whats funny too is the washington memorial (or reconstruction there of) is on the way and I was having such a fun time blowing the super mutants away with my shotgun that I cleared the place out. It was pretty obvious there was alot of things here I couldnt activate until I got the quest for it but I did pickup all the memos, and good thing too. Apparently it was the next leg of the main quest after rivet city. Now I have to go see pinkerton.

BTW I think your comparison to bioshock is unwarranted. This isn't a 50's gone wrong, this is the 90's envisioned from the 60's that has been nuked over 200 years ago (new age cars, video phones, ect). This is a stark difference as Bioshocks underground environment preserves itself, showing damage only from residents rioting it out, and water damage in some areas. FO3 is a nuclear holocaust + 200 years of weathering. It appears it never rains, although the game can certainly put up quite the cloud cover, but so many residents take place under shelter with holes in the ceiling or totaly out in the open so apparently it never rains. Just alot of sun, and wind.

The engine certainly shows its flaws against super engines like crysis, but IMO the engine was just enough to render the fallout3 world as it should. Its attention to detail is pretty staggering with the out door areas hardly looking a computer generated map. Roads are solid in some areas and hacked up in others with the destructed parts looking like they were sculpted. Full size buldings all in variouse states of decay are all over, with each one looking different. Water is adequate with a calm but varied looking water shader and glitch free reflections. As I followed the shore line of the river running up to rivet city, it was reall something to see all the large buildings falling apart on one side, and then see the same accross the river, giving a high sense of yes, you are completely in a world that has been blown away and left for dead for 200 years. Even the fact that you are NOT mobbed by a beast every 6 feet and can travel quit a ways before you get close enough to an enemy to fight them, you really feel like theres not many of ANY living things left in the world.

Althought I remember the days when we thought oblivions forest graphics were photo realistic, today I would say trying to do vegitation would simply look bad on it. Crysis has a hard enough time with it. Thankfully FO3 is a world that needs none. Rocky landscapes in which rocks and buildings all need variouse states of LOD so they can be rendered at extreme distances. That is something the engine has been known to be good for. As for the innter worlds, the games design dosnt go over board and I think its doen a pretty amazing job in creating believable lived in hell holes. In the end, I think the designers pulled out all the stops to make the game shine using the old engines strength and tried not to expose its weaknesses.

Old 10-31-08, 03:57 AM   #249
ATi
RooR

it happen in 2066 i seen it on a news papper on fallout3 so its 2277 exactly 200 years after the Great War, 116 years after Fallout and 36 years after Fallout 2.cannada annexed to the Good Ol' USA so china got mad then the nukes

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Resource_Wars
G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB 2 x 4GB 1648
HD1.5tb
Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium
corsair620HX
Windows7 64 home premium
Dell LED G2210
ATi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-08, 04:56 AM   #250
crainger

Send a message via AIM to crainger

Ah motherland!
crainger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-08, 10:14 AM   #251
hirantha
SUC SUDO

I think i'm gonna go back and play Fallout brotherhood of steel just to have a true feeling of fallout.. cuz Fallout3 failed to bring that feeling

Look me up in AION and GW2
Game Tag: Famorak
hirantha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-08, 10:40 AM   #252
lee63
Classified

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hunt View Post
Already