Old 11-08-08, 10:03 PM   #553
|MaguS|

Default Re: Fallout 3 Official Thread

Game screams nude mod.
Old 11-08-08, 10:16 PM   #554
Sidric
Evil Clown Face

man this game is huge. still on my first character doing all the sidequests, haven't got past the jefferson memorial on the main quest yet. has anyone done the tenpenny tower quests yet? kinda reminds me of the movie land of the dead. got the crazy old rich guy renting out his tower to a bunch of rich aholes, not letting the ghouls in because they look like zombies. I was almost tempted to let the feral ghouls in, just to let those fools have it but my character is practically a saint now so I can't tarnish that.
[CPU]Intel Q6600 w/ TR Ultra-120 Extreme @ 3GHz
[Mobo]EVGA nForce 680i
[Memory]OCZ PC2-8500 4GB
[GPU] BFG GTX 260
[Sound] ASUS Sonar Dx
[HDD]
--WD Raptor 150GBx2(Raid 0 Striped)--
--Seagate Barrucuda 300GB--
[OS]Windows Vista Home Premium 64-bit
[Monitor]Gateway FPD2485W

Live/Xfire/PSN: SidRic SteamID: 3_gh05t_3
Sidric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-08, 10:23 PM   #555
K007

Yea i did them as i was a evil sob first time around. It was fun being bad...i enjoyed it too much i think....some of them get really nasty when you help the slavers...even tricked a kid

Second time around, i am gonna do the main quest to get to power armor, then hall main quest and explore the entire thing. I reloaded one of my old saves, did the explore perk just to see what else was out there...and OMG...there is HEAPS out there...

I just wish they tied the main quest around a bit more, and made you explore a lot, especially the north area..i barely touched it, there is a lot up there...
K007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-08, 10:32 PM   #556
Redeemed

Quote:
Originally Posted by K007 View Post
Yea i did them as i was a evil sob first time around. It was fun being bad...i enjoyed it too much i think....some of them get really nasty when you help the slavers...even tricked a kid

Second time around, i am gonna do the main quest to get to power armor, then hall main quest and explore the entire thing. I reloaded one of my old saves, did the explore perk just to see what else was out there...and OMG...there is HEAPS out there...

I just wish they tied the main quest around a bit more, and made you explore a lot, especially the north area..i barely touched it, there is a lot up there...
"K007"... hmm... you wouldn't be any relation to K0073R over in H4Z412D C0UNTY, would ya'?
Redeemed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-08, 10:37 PM   #557
K007

I have no idea where that is -.-..or what on earth your talking about...so its safe to say..i am not that person
Old 11-08-08, 10:47 PM   #558
nutcrackr
Super Registered User

minor spoilers...

man wtf, just my luck. I'm roaming around the wastes and find a heap of junk outpost go exploring and bongo bongo bongo my father is inside, talk about fast track the story when I didn't even want to. Not sure if it's cool I can just stumble upon this without following the quests or if its a pain the ass because I mised all the things in between. In fact I think I've done this a few times now.
nutcrackr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-08, 10:48 PM   #559
Redeemed

Quote:
Originally Posted by K007 View Post
I have no idea where that is -.-..or what on earth your talking about...so its safe to say..i am not that person
I figured "K007" is pronounced "KOOT", thus wondering if you were related to Cooter over in Hazard County.
Redeemed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-08, 10:48 PM   #560
Lfctony

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffmd View Post
Grey, the game is not hard. If you are burning through stimp packs you are doing something wrong. Any time you are out in the open world and you are low on hp, fast track it to the nearest bed and sleep your damage away. Inside dungions, simply save often. If you get jumped by some baddies or miss that trap of grenades that blew off 2 limbs, reload and be more careful. I just finished the game with 60 stimp packs and I never ever bought them from a vendor, it was all found or given to me.

The game has never droped me into a fight with no health, I have always had the alternative of backing out and fast tracking to a bed if I need, mobs dont respawn so you dont lose progress.

BTW after winning it I decided I would set out to explore from my last save point since I had no alt quest to go from. I had collected an obscene amount of ammo and my high repair has made all my weapons top notch, so I set out to see what was lurking in the deep corners of dc. Super mutants are only a mild threat (long distance mini guns can peck away your health quickly), but to give the game an added boost of dificulty, the enclave has traps and ambushes setup all over now. I fast tracked to one spot in the city and found an officer guarding a large air droped crate that hadnt been there before. Upon getting close she released a huge beast. Another instance I dispatched an enclave sentry bot who was playing target practice on some cars, only to have another bot and soldier air droped in near by in response. So when your just about done with the game, rest assured that there will be plenty to run around and shoot (and thus resupply) so you can gain even more levels and such. I know I have quite a few known but non-visited locations on my map, and I theres several vaults I havnt been to yet.

I had the radiation perk I inherited from Megaton, I would just stay irradiated and my limbs....
Fafnir: Intel Core 2 Quad 6600@3.2Ghz|eVGA 780i SLI|PNY GTX480 |Kingston DDR667 4096MB|WD Black Caviar 500GB|Seagate SATA 250GB|Seagate SATA 200GB| Seagate SATA 160GB|OptiArc AD-7173S DVDRW|Nec 3351 DVDRW|Creative X-FI XM|LG Flatron W2261V|Logitech X-530|Thermaltake Armor|Amptac 850W SLI PSU|Logitech G9 Mouse|Xigmatek HDT S-1283 CPU Cooler|Windows 7/FW 257.21

PS2 - Wii - Xbox - Xbox360 - PSP - GC - PS3 Owner

Boycott Starforce...

Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes?
Lfctony is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-08-08, 10:49 PM   #561
Sgt_Pitt

I got a new set of armour thats better than Tesla

Found it under fort constantine needed a few keys from people, the quest starts in the museum from the ghouls, MR Crowley his name was.

Heres a map as well of all the locations. You can also unlock the map in game with the explorer perk.

Old 11-08-08, 11:04 PM   #562
hirantha
SUC SUDO

better than tesla? now here i thought enclave and tesla is the final armor. now MR Crowley quest is bit risky, but i will give it a try.

Look me up in AION and GW2
Game Tag: Famorak
hirantha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-08, 11:10 PM   #563
K007

OH...better than tesla....

Got any screenshots of the armor?
Old 11-08-08, 11:11 PM   #564
K007

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutcrackr View Post
minor spoilers...

man wtf, just my luck. I'm roaming around the wastes and find a heap of junk outpost go exploring and bongo bongo bongo my father is inside, talk about fast track the story when I didn't even want to. Not sure if it's cool I can just stumble upon this without following the quests or if its a pain the ass because I mised all the things in between. In fact I think I've done this a few times now.
Yea i think they really need to fix that..