Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-23-08, 06:00 AM   #721
crainger
 
crainger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Coffs Harbour, NSW, Australia
Posts: 29,559
Send a message via AIM to crainger
Default Re: Fallout 3 Official Thread

It contains John Romero's head on a stick.
crainger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-08, 06:34 AM   #722
LovingSticky
plenty of work, no games
 
LovingSticky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 559
Default Re: Fallout 3 Official Thread

Finished the game last night. Ending was a bit dissapointing, and almost the same (except few sentences) for every final decision you make.

Overall it was a great game, but ... it actually does -end- after you fnish main quest, unlike Oblivion. You are not allowed to see the new, better, world you helped to build. This is bad.

I have no incentive to walk around anymore (loading previous saved position) when I know the game is "finished".

I spent 100 hours on Oblivion and expansion packs (Shivering Isles was brilliant), but only about 18 hours on this game.
__________________
Q9550@3.4 + Asus P5Q Premium + 16GB RAM + 2xVelociraptor 300GB + 4xWD Black 1TB RAID-5 on Adaptec 5805 + PoV GTX580 + Dell 3008WFP + Windows 7 x64
Xbox 360 Elite + Kinect + Onkyo receiver + Acoustic Energy Aelite 1/3/center speakers + 46" FullHD Samsung TV
LovingSticky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-08, 08:25 AM   #723
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me
 
NarcissistZero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 8,033
Send a message via AIM to NarcissistZero
Default Re: Fallout 3 Official Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovingSticky View Post
Finished the game last night. Ending was a bit dissapointing, and almost the same (except few sentences) for every final decision you make.

Overall it was a great game, but ... it actually does -end- after you fnish main quest, unlike Oblivion. You are not allowed to see the new, better, world you helped to build. This is bad.

I have no incentive to walk around anymore (loading previous saved position) when I know the game is "finished".

I spent 100 hours on Oblivion and expansion packs (Shivering Isles was brilliant), but only about 18 hours on this game.
Most of the side quests are as good as the main quest, or even better. You're really missing out if you intentionally ignore 75% of the game's content.
NarcissistZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-08, 08:30 AM   #724
LovingSticky
plenty of work, no games
 
LovingSticky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 559
Default Re: Fallout 3 Official Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by NarcissistZero View Post
You're really missing out if you intentionally ignore 75% of the game's content.
Thanks. Will get back to it then
__________________
Q9550@3.4 + Asus P5Q Premium + 16GB RAM + 2xVelociraptor 300GB + 4xWD Black 1TB RAID-5 on Adaptec 5805 + PoV GTX580 + Dell 3008WFP + Windows 7 x64
Xbox 360 Elite + Kinect + Onkyo receiver + Acoustic Energy Aelite 1/3/center speakers + 46" FullHD Samsung TV
LovingSticky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-08, 08:39 AM   #725
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me
 
NarcissistZero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 8,033
Send a message via AIM to NarcissistZero
Default Re: Fallout 3 Official Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovingSticky View Post
Thanks. Will get back to it then
The first quest I did was "Blood Ties" which you get rather easily in Megaton and can be done with a new game. That quest really showed me that Fallout 3 was different from Oblivion because there were all kinds of drastically different ways for you to finish it.

I knew at that point I was going to do every single sidequest in the game.
NarcissistZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-08, 10:45 AM   #726
Destroy
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 3,994
Default Re: Fallout 3 Official Thread

How come we can't use any of the vehicles? Would make a killer side mission to find parts and repair a vehicle then be able to use it around the map.
__________________

Vista64 Home Premium
Gigabyte GA-EP35C-DS3R
CPU E8500 with Corsair H50 cooler
HIS 6970, always 19x10res
Memory 8 Gig OCZ 1000@1024
Display Westinghouse 37" LVM-37w1 LCD monitor
Destroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-08, 11:38 AM   #727
g-a-m-e
*BANNED*
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 351
Default Re: Fallout 3 Official Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by NarcissistZero View Post
The first quest I did was "Blood Ties" which you get rather easily in Megaton and can be done with a new game. That quest really showed me that Fallout 3 was different from Oblivion because there were all kinds of drastically different ways for you to finish it.

I knew at that point I was going to do every single sidequest in the game.
Speaking of sideguests, anybody know just how many there are exactly ?
g-a-m-e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-08, 11:40 AM   #728
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me
 
NarcissistZero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 8,033
Send a message via AIM to NarcissistZero
Default Re: Fallout 3 Official Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by g-a-m-e View Post
Speaking of sideguests, anybody know just how many there are exactly ?
You can count the achievement list for sidequests for an accurate number of "official" sidequests... there are many smaller quests which are unofficial however.

The Fallout wiki would probably be a good source of information in that regard.
NarcissistZero is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-23-08, 11:58 AM   #729
grey_1
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Fallout 3 Official Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destroy View Post
How come we can't use any of the vehicles? Would make a killer side mission to find parts and repair a vehicle then be able to use it around the map.
I wouldn't be at all surprised if drivable vehicles were in the works by the community already, same as was done for STALKER.

Only real difference I can think of atm is that STALKER had some "complete" models to mod...I can't think of any except the aircraft in Fallout 3.

EDIT: And the motorcycles.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-08, 12:03 PM   #730
|MaguS|
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Fallout 3 Official Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destroy View Post
How come we can't use any of the vehicles? Would make a killer side mission to find parts and repair a vehicle then be able to use it around the map.
no fuel?
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-08, 01:25 PM   #731
Destroy
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 3,994
Default Re: Fallout 3 Official Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by |MaguS| View Post
no fuel?
LOL, good point. Battery or cell powered would work.

BTW, non consolized GUI is in excellent condition now at ver 4.
__________________

Vista64 Home Premium
Gigabyte GA-EP35C-DS3R
CPU E8500 with Corsair H50 cooler
HIS 6970, always 19x10res
Memory 8 Gig OCZ 1000@1024
Display Westinghouse 37" LVM-37w1 LCD monitor
Destroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-08, 02:22 PM   #732
crainger
 
crainger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Coffs Harbour, NSW, Australia
Posts: 29,559
Send a message via AIM to crainger
Default Re: Fallout 3 Official Thread

When you shoot them they go up in a nice mushroom cloud. I'd say they have enough nuclear fuel in them to drive them around a bit.
crainger is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Detonator 40.72 feedback thread mongoose NVIDIA Windows Graphics Drivers 94 12-03-02 10:45 AM
Official detonator 40.71 feedback thread Crake NVIDIA Windows Graphics Drivers 88 10-01-02 11:38 AM
Official Dentonator 40.52 feedback thread sh*tshot NVIDIA Windows Graphics Drivers 62 09-26-02 05:43 PM
Detonator 30.30 feedback thread Matthyahuw NVIDIA Windows Graphics Drivers 26 07-31-02 09:14 PM

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:41 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 1998 - 2014, nV News.