Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 06-03-09, 09:12 PM   #1165
trivium nate

Default Re: Fallout 3 Feedback Thread

ive beaten the game plus all the dlc's and lost of quests i know whats supposed to happen im not dumb stfu
42"Vizio TV-1920x1080-1080P-120Hertz//Win 7 Ultimate(64)//XBox360-pc controller
Saitek Eclipse 2 keyboard//Razer DeathAdder Mouse//250gb-Xbox 360//160gb-PS3
trivium nate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-09, 10:55 PM   #1166
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Send a message via AIM to NarcissistZero

It's not a bug, they have a dialogue about not rewarding you, and they fight, etc. etc..
I gots one of them high powered gaming computers with an EVGA GTX 480 video thingy and a Q9550 processing device and also one of them Windows 7 64 operating programs with 4GB of some Corsair 1033 DDR2 ram.

Steam, Xbox Live and PSN: StingingVelvet
NarcissistZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-09, 09:47 PM   #1167
|MaguS|

Anyone else not able to play the game recently without having massive CTDs? I've been reading that the latest patch breaks mods, I tried disabling the mods but continue to crash... game is unplayable for me now. =\
Old 06-07-09, 01:59 AM   #1168
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by |MaguS| View Post
Anyone else not able to play the game recently without having massive CTDs? I've been reading that the latest patch breaks mods, I tried disabling the mods but continue to crash... game is unplayable for me now. =\
Yeah, the latest patch is terrible.
I gots one of them high powered gaming computers with an EVGA GTX 480 video thingy and a Q9550 processing device and also one of them Windows 7 64 operating programs with 4GB of some Corsair 1033 DDR2 ram.

Old 06-07-09, 02:04 AM   #1169
Mike89
Dude, where's my brain?

Hmm. I have the latest patch and all 3 DLCs and this game has been pretty stable for me, as it has been all the way from the beginning when I first got it.
I7 3770 @ 4.4 gig (Noctua NH-U14S Heatsink), ASRock Z77 Extreme6, 16 Gigs (2x8) Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600, EVGA GTX 680 Signature 2, Acer P236H 23" (1920x1080), X-Fi Xtreme Gamer Pro, 2 WD 640 gig SATA HDDs, WD 750 gig HDD (eSata), WD 1TB Black HDD, Sandisk 32 GB ReadyCache SSD, 2 SATA DVD Burners, Logitech Z-5500 5.1 Speaker System, Corsair TX750w PSU, HSPC Top Deck Tech Station, Windows 7 Pro x64
Mike89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-09, 10:14 AM   #1170
Yaboze

I didn't get any DLC's until I finished the main game and it was stable.

Ever since I bought the 3 DLC's and installed patch 1.5, the game crashes to desktop all the time. I could play for hours and it would be fine, then play for 10 mins and it freezes then dumps to the desktop. Usually, it's during a fight. I heard this is a Vista 64/W7 64 issue, but Bethesda hasn't acknowledged anything. I would hope a new patch comes out soon because there's new DLC stuff coming soon.

Since I completed the main quest, all 3 DLC's and most of the side quests, I'm just waiting for the next patch and DLC's before I even play again. My character is level 26.
Yaboze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-09, 02:04 PM   #1171
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Yeah, I can't believe they've let patch 1.5 stand this long... it's horrid.

Old 06-12-09, 02:40 PM   #1172
Protoplasym

Post Re: Fallout 3 Feedback Thread

Bought it when it first came out at Frys for $49.99. HUGE mistake.

Apparently Bethesda (along with almost all Pubs these days) did 'zero' Beta testing on drivers earlier than whatever was out at the time of Development/Release.... and the game will not run properly on the 169.21s I'm on.

When I first come out of the Vault... everything is butter (all options maxed 'except' for the Transparency AA which I don't ever use in games cuz I don't see the point imo, 1280x1024, V-Sync, 4xAA, 8xAF)... but it only lasts for minutes before I start having random framerate drops. Before the first patch came out, Alt-Tabbing out/back in would restore proper 30-60 fps for mere minutes before the same framerate drops would once again occur.

4 patches later, and it still does the same thing. I tracked it down to the game not properly utilizing either my System RAM or my 88s RAM (I've seen some say that the game isn't properly refreshing the Cache of the Video Card properly er somethin): in engine game's running [from a fresh load/boot of game] great 30-60 Alt-Tab out and look at System Mem usage which was around 2-300 I forget but it was stable, as soon as the first framerate drop occurs, I'd Alt-Tab out, look at Task Manager again and voila... the Memory had gone up... back in game, running good again for mere minutes, framerate drop hits again, Alt-Tab out TM again, and voila... the Memory had once again gone up...

I did that for 15 mins one time and the Mem Usage went slightly over a GB. I read enough people on Bethesda reporting similar Mem Usage on their machines also... and some of those people had 180.xxx series drivers so ????? as to why they were seeing the issue still.

Bethesda assures me that once I update my driver to a current 180.xxx series, I'll be in the clear.

It's baffles me because Oblivion with the same settings ^ runs like an absolute dream. I've tested Oblivion for a solid hour (man what a gorgeous landscape) and the only framerate 'issue' I ever noticed was 1-2 second pauses when new areas were loading up.. and it was hardly noticeable. Also, the "can't do both HDR and AA" issues I've seen people talk about on Net: I don't have them. I do HDR in engine and force 4xAA and it works great.

FO3 - even after patching it the 4th time, I've noticed that the 'movement bug' is still present. Has anyone else noticed this: when you move in any direction, upon releasing the movement key, 1/2 the time you still move an extra step or two???

I notice in Morrowind and Oblivion that the movement is very solid, the second you release a movement key, the character immediately comes to a stop. In FO3 on the latest patch/every previous patch/and out of the box, the movement is only solid and perfectly responsive 1/2 the time. When I asked Bethesda about this, they said they'd take note of it. The B. Tech I spoke with has it for the 360 and he said he noticed the same thing to which he fixed it by using a different controller with a "better cable?" er somethin. The movement bug can't have anything to do with me being on the 169.21 can it?... I don't see how.

Anyhoot, now my $49.99 box of FO3 is useless (I'm gonna give it to a friend and see how it works out on his 88GTX, he's on the 185.85s), because when the GOTY Edition comes out this Fall, I'm going to have to grab that.

phew, mouthful, lol
Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Audio
2 GBs DDR 2 [800] RAM
ASUS MB

280 Legit Games installed

(2) 500 GB drives
(1) 80 GB drive (houses the OS only)
Protoplasym is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-12-09, 03:03 PM   #1173
|MaguS|

Vanilla Fallout 3 tops Vanilla Oblivion on the graphics department so comparing performance between the two is silly. As for average performance, The game runs pretty smooth for me (when it did run) at 1650x1050 with 8xAA/16xAF all settings maxed.
Old 06-12-09, 03:29 PM   #1174
Protoplasym

Wink Re: Fallout 3 Feedback Thread

Quote:
Vanilla Fallout 3 tops Vanilla Oblivion on the graphics department so comparing performance between the two is silly. As for average performance, The game runs pretty smooth for me (when it did run) at 1650x1050 with 8xAA/16xAF all settings maxed.
Wow, are you serious? It doesn't look like the Polygon count for models OR anything to do with Texture quality has been improved upon. This is my opinion though. I see yours is vastly different, lol. The 'only' difference I would note is that there are LOTS of rock models in FO3s' world whereas Oblivion has gorgeous moving/living grass everywhere.

Oooh wait... I did notice a difference in the quality of the Sun/HDR between the two games. FO3 it looks stunning... but hell, it looks almost as good in Oblivion. Other than that 'one' element, I see no difference. I don't remember the water looking any better in FO3 either.

Lol, sorry to pick on you but ummm, why (lol) are you forcing 8xAA at that high of a resolution? That's silly. At the most, 2xAA should be plenty sufficient at 1650x1050.

I play my games at 1280x1024 (and 4xAA is all I need), 8 and 16xAA don't look any better on my 17" CRT.

Unless you're playing on a 15" Monitor, I don't see the point of you running such high AA.

I'd love to hear your reasoning though.

cheers
2 GBs DDR 2 [800] RAM
ASUS MB

(2) 500 GB drives
Old 06-12-09, 03:34 PM   #1175
Protoplasym

Smile Re: Fallout 3 Feedback Thread

Quote:
Oh yeah, why mention "Vanilla"???

FO3 that I have is minus any EXPs... and my Oblivion is the GOTE that has both EXPs.

Pardon me if I'm being ignorant but I didn't know there were any graphical enhancements for Oblivion from out of box to latest EXP and same for FO3 if in fact there are... least I've never seen anything about it online or seen anyone speak of such in a forum.

Ohh wait... if you mean Mods... then I see what you're saying... although, my Oblivion install has zero graphical mods... I've looked at what people "think" looks better: in regards to those custom Texture Mods, I didn't approve... I like how it looks out of the box on the latest patch.

Now... MGE for Morrowind has brought that game to life, lol... no argument about that one.

I'm not saying there aren't truly viable mods for Oblivion (and I suppose FO3 as well), just that I don't see any point to using custom textures or models.

Hell, I quite enjoy the blocky animations of Morrowind versus the mod that adds frames... as well as perferring the stock textures.
2 GBs DDR 2 [800] RAM
ASUS MB

(2) 500 GB drives
Old 06-14-09, 08:00 PM   #1176
nekrosoft13
I'm Geralt

Fallout 3: Point Lookout should release on June 23rd