Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 12-03-08, 12:46 AM   #61
Ryeyoo

Default Re: Red Alert 3 Thread

LOL, thanks for that link, the Stalin actor is unintentionally hilarious.
Ryeyoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-09, 01:55 PM   #62
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Send a message via AIM to NarcissistZero

Quote:
Originally Posted by SH64 View Post
There is no comparison here. RA's videos and gameplay were light years ahead of RA3's despite how old it was.
RA3 is more like a Lego game with some pr0n videos thrown into it.
That's nostalgia talking... watch those scenes again on youtube, they're horrible really. Like a college drama project. At least with RA3 they're campy on purpose, which people seem to not understand, or not "get" what that means. The pic with the nightgowns is awesome because it's intentionally horrible.

Anyway...

Got the game off Steam and LOVE IT. Classic Red Alert gameplay and feel, in my opinion. I love C&C games because honestly I am a shallow RTS player... I like setting up a base, setting up defenses, then building as many of my best unit as I can and rolling over the enemy. That has always been what C&C is about and that is why I love it.

I honestly can't imagine a C&C fan going into this game and not loving it, but I guess that's me.
I gots one of them high powered gaming computers with an EVGA GTX 480 video thingy and a Q9550 processing device and also one of them Windows 7 64 operating programs with 4GB of some Corsair 1033 DDR2 ram.

Steam, Xbox Live and PSN: StingingVelvet
NarcissistZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-09, 02:04 AM   #63
candle_86

Send a message via MSN to candle_86 Send a message via Yahoo to candle_86

Ok i just got it and despite what everyone says, I enjoy the game. I played CnC every game, heck now that I have RA3 my collection is once more up to date. In my CD binder sits

Command and Conquer
Command and Conquer Gold
Command and Conquer The Covert Operations
Command and Conquer Sole Survivior
Command and Conquer Tiberian Sun
Command and Conquer Tiberian Sun Firestorm
Command and Conquer Tiberium Wars
Command and Conquer Tiberium Wars Kanes Wrath
Command and Conquer Red Alert
Command and Conquer Red Alert Aftermath
Command and Conquer Red Alert Counter Strike
Command and Conquer Red Alert 2
Command and Conquer Red Alert 2 Yuri's Revenge
Command and Conquer Red Alert 3
Command and Conquer Renegade
Command and Conquer The First Decade

I also got the Command and Conquer Red Alert 3 Uprising downloading which will go on a DVD for backup.

Now you are aware of my CnC experince, I got them at release and played them all to death I might add, I bought the First Decade for XP support for the oldies and so my original disks wouldnt get damaged.

Now RA3 is diffrent, Ore refinement is simple, and slower to boot, also the ore doesnt regenerate which is a loss but I can accept that loss, because of the Oil Dericks at least aliviate that to a degree. Now RA3 follows RA2's footsteps in case no one figured that out, RA2 never attempted to be serious not once. The units made little sense to common sense, but it was fun. The acting was campy, and the game looks like a Catoon. RA3 followed this quite well. If you walked into this expecting CnC3 you where off base when you bought it. Red Alert and Tiberian Universes havnt shared much ground since RA1. Tiberian always was more serious and alot more grounded in possibility and science than RA. If you don't think RA2 was this way, Mirage Tank, Prisim Tower, Chornosphere, Iron Curtain, Attack Dogs, I can go on and on and on here. But RA3 takes it to the next level, totally outlandish and zany, but thats RA for you. Its meant to look and feel like a bad 1950's B rating movie, thats what they where going for here. As for not loveable, I dunno Bingham is quite loveable to me, I havnt tried Soviet or Japan yet, but I will in short order.

As for the spam a single unit argument, this is simply put CnC. In CnC classic rush either light tanks as nod, or medium tanks as GDI game over for who ever has more firepower. RA Medium vs Heavy tanks won the day. TS it was hover MRLS vs tick tanks, RA2 Grizzlys vs Rhinos, Generals well what ever there first level tanks where, CnC again first level tanks. Should RA3 suprise you for this. Long time CnC players dont play for ground breaking stratagey, we play because we have been playing for 15 years, and we like the story, we like to see what comes next. I follow Tiberian because I have to know what Kane is up to, I just must. In RA I have to know what strange idea's they think up next, and the soviets new idea to dominate the world only to see it fail. Its the story, not the gameplay that keeps me comming back. Generals was so so as far as CnC goes, but I loved it anyway, those GLA jerks kept blowing stuff up, I loved it, they where like a bad iterpertaion of Nod, and China there Russia and America, its GDI mixed with the Allies.

So dont go into RA3 expecting ground breaking RTS elements thats not here, dont go into RA3 expecting a radical new formula its not there. Go into RA3 like you do any CnC game to figure out what these nut jobs are gonna do next. If you don't love CnC and didnt experince its early years, you will find newer CnC games lacking, thats a fact but we the fans, the people that edit the CnC wiki to love our games the way they are.
candle_86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-09, 08:10 AM   #64
FastRedPonyCar
Resident Tire Destroyer

Send a message via AIM to FastRedPonyCar

4770k @ 4.45 ghz - ASUS Gryphon Mobo - 16 gigs Corsair Vengeance Pro 1866 RAM - XSPC Rasa 750 RS240 H2o Cooling - EVGA GTX 680 @1325mhz - 128 gig Crucial RealSSD C300 - 150 gig Velociraptor +2.75 Terrabytes of WD Sata 3.0 storage - 910 watt PC P&C PSU - Corsair Obsidian 650D case

- Server -
Core I7 D0 revision 920 @ 3.75 ghz - ASUS P6T Deluxe - 12 Gigs Mushkin DDR3 1600 - Corsair HX 620 PSU - Noctua NH-U9B cooler - Coolermaster WaveMaster Case

- Laptop -
MSI 16F2-012
- i7 2630QM - GTX570m @ 750Mhz - 8 gigs HyperX 1866 - 120 gig OCZ Vertex 3 SSD- 750 gig Scorpio Black - BluRay - 95% Gamut Screen - IC Diamond goop
FastRedPonyCar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-09, 08:41 AM   #65
ATi
RooR

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonPC View Post
While Red Alert tried to remain serious, it was still pretty cheesy. The Soviet ending was pretty ridiculous and funny "Nadia, this tea is truly excellent!" *dies on table* You can watch it on youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vN2zeRbu0x4 The difference is it seemed like they didn't know it was cheesy and silly. Now in Red Alert 3 it seems like everyone in the game is in on the joke.
lol stupid ass cutscenes
G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB 2 x 4GB 1648
HD1.5tb
Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium
corsair620HX
Windows7 64 home premium
Dell LED G2210
ATi is offline   Reply With Quote