Go Back   nV News Forums > Linux Support Forums > NVIDIA Linux

Newegg Daily Deals

Thread Tools
Old 05-21-03, 04:17 PM   #1
Registered User
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 2
Unhappy RH9.0 Nv GForce4 Ti 128 & UT2003

UT2003 on RH9.0 Note: Worked on RH8.0
Nv GeForce Ti 128Mb
P4 2.4 Gz

The driver installed fine!

the output is from a shell #ut2003

what do I need to do to fix this... it is the same with Quake III

Help please or I will have to go back to RH8.0

[ 1] ./Core.so [0x40a0f71a]
[ 2] /lib/tls/libc.so.6 [0x42027568]
[ 3] ./Engine.so(MeXMLParseMeReal+0x62) [0x405ec752]
[ 4] ./Engine.so(MeXMLElementProcess+0x20f) [0x405ec10b]
[ 5] ./Engine.so [0x405df88c]
[ 6] ./Engine.so(MeXMLElementProcess+0x1e8) [0x405ec0e4]
[ 7] ./Engine.so [0x405df8ed]
[ 8] ./Engine.so(MeXMLElementProcess+0x1e8) [0x405ec0e4]
[ 9] ./Engine.so(Handle_Asset_1_0+0xc5) [0x405df78d]
[10] ./Engine.so(MeXMLElementProcess+0x1e8) [0x405ec0e4]
[11] ./Engine.so(Handle_KaFile_0_1+0x2b) [0x405df6bf]
[12] ./Engine.so(MeXMLElementProcess+0x1e8) [0x405ec0e4]
[13] ./Engine.so(MeXMLInputProcess+0x3b) [0x405ec9b3]
[14] ./Engine.so(MeAssetDBXMLInputRead+0x73) [0x405de033]
[15] ./Engine.so(KCreateAssetDB__FPP9MeAssetDBPP10McdGeom Man+0x3e4) [0x401fc748]
[16] ./Engine.so(KInitGameKarma__Fv+0x336) [0x401e896e]
[17] ./Engine.so(Init__11UGameEngine+0x10c) [0x4026fc80]
[18] ./ut2003-bin [0x805520e]
[19] ./ut2003-bin(main+0x296e) [0x805820e]
[20] /lib/tls/libc.so.6(__libc_start_main+0xe4) [0x42015504]
[21] ./ut2003-bin(ValidateCDKey__Fv+0x4d) [0x80512d1]
Signal: SIGSEGV [segmentation fault]

Last edited by smashcam2002; 05-21-03 at 06:43 PM.
smashcam2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-03, 10:31 PM   #2
Registered User
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 17
Send a message via AIM to AnvilDemon

Yeah those segmentation faults are nasty.
I had a similar problem running any sort of game on RH9 compared to RH8. I asked the same question on this thread about 2-3 weeks ago.
The answer I recieved was upgrade the glibc to the current one. I did this through RHN update. All my games work now and am very happy.
I am a linux noob and don't even remember how to look back up my current glibc version but I do know that I updated it and it fixed the segmentation faults in all my games.

Hope this helps
AnvilDemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-03, 06:13 PM   #3
Registered User
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 2
Talking It worked!

After doing the updates from RedHat 9.0 all is working outstanding!

Thank you

smashcam2002 is offline   Reply With Quote

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
My UT2003 Tweak Guide DXnfiniteFX Gaming Central 48 10-30-02 11:59 PM
Drivable vehicle in UT2003 Brewskie Gaming Central 8 10-10-02 12:37 PM
Linux performance of ut2003 Please Read... Linewbie NVIDIA Linux 17 09-23-02 09:02 AM

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:12 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 1998 - 2014, nV News.