Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-31-08, 05:55 AM   #577
grey_1
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Left 4 Dead Feedback Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptNKILL View Post
Does anyone have a strategy for attacking survivors that are holding up in the closet while waiting for the elevator on No Mercy?

It seems damned near impossible to touch anyone as long as they are all in there, no matter what kind of zombie you are. Boomer is probably the only one who can do anything and that doesn't do much because they can still just keep shooting to fend off all the zombies.
Every level has an area that's extremely tough to get to the survivors in, it's whether or not the players use it. That one's really tough though - I wait for a 'stampede' then jump in and use the alternate attack. that way I can cause damage and still get away to attack again - hopefully. It's weak, but it works.

@ LT - my brother, who isn't new to FPS, but total newb at this kind of coop gameplay, is getting the game today. If we can get him in game - should be good for some great laughs.

I'm thinking baptism by fire - start him right out in expert.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-08, 08:03 AM   #578
stncttr908
Registered User
 
stncttr908's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: NJ, USA
Posts: 4,496
Send a message via AIM to stncttr908
Default Re: Left 4 Dead Feedback Thread

It took me 4-5 tries to get a playable game last night. I hosted, got kicked. My roommate hosted, game crashed. Dedicated servers were miserably laggy.
__________________
PC - | Core i7-2600K @ stock | Gigabyte GA-P67A-UD3 | 4GB Patriot Sector 5 DDR3 | Galaxy GTX 460 1GB @ stock | Corsair Force 120GB SSD | Seagate 1TB 7200RPM | 320GB Seagate 7200.10 | 2x Seagate 500GB USB 2.0 | Lite-On 20x SATA DVD+RW | Silverstone TJ-09 | Corsair 620W PSU | Logitech Z-5500s | Sennheiser HD-570 headphones | Samsung 2494LW |

Laptop - | Dell Inspiron 1420 | C2D T7300 (2.0GHz, 4MB cache) | 2GB DDR2-667 | 160GB 7200RPM HDD | DVD +/- RW | 14.1" WXGA+ (1440x900) | Broadcom 802.11g | NVIDIA 8400M GS 128MB |
stncttr908 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-08, 09:26 AM   #579
grey_1
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Left 4 Dead Feedback Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by stncttr908 View Post
It took me 4-5 tries to get a playable game last night. I hosted, got kicked. My roommate hosted, game crashed. Dedicated servers were miserably laggy.
I'm still trying to figure out how this system works. The other night when Redeemed was lagging bad, after he reset his modem I hosted another lobby. The ded server search was taking forever so i clicked cancel and it asked if I wanted to host locally. I did, and we got in easy and played.

I tried to do that again with LT, but it wouldn't let him join because I chose 'local'. None of that sounds right because i thought you had to have a ded server to play over the net.

What am I missing here?
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-08, 10:46 AM   #580
Redeemed
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 17,982
Default Re: Left 4 Dead Feedback Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by grey_1 View Post
I'm still trying to figure out how this system works. The other night when Redeemed was lagging bad, after he reset his modem I hosted another lobby. The ded server search was taking forever so i clicked cancel and it asked if I wanted to host locally. I did, and we got in easy and played.

I tried to do that again with LT, but it wouldn't let him join because I chose 'local'. None of that sounds right because i thought you had to have a ded server to play over the net.

What am I missing here?
That is wierd. I figured the game finally found a server, I didn't know you chose to host it locally. Not sure how I was able to be apart of that game either if that's the case. Really odd.
Redeemed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-08, 11:13 AM   #581
LT.Schaffer
Praise The Lord!
 
LT.Schaffer's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Chernarus
Posts: 1,960
Default Re: Left 4 Dead Feedback Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by grey_1 View Post
Every level has an area that's extremely tough to get to the survivors in, it's whether or not the players use it. That one's really tough though - I wait for a 'stampede' then jump in and use the alternate attack. that way I can cause damage and still get away to attack again - hopefully. It's weak, but it works.

@ LT - my brother, who isn't new to FPS, but total newb at this kind of coop gameplay, is getting the game today. If we can get him in game - should be good for some great laughs.

I'm thinking baptism by fire - start him right out in expert.
Well i got my Brother L4D for christmas and we finally got to play a game last night

He's pretty good for having never played L4D before

My Bro Says it's running smooth even on his old setup

Course the real test comes with Expert
__________________

Intel Q9650|Asus P5Q Pro Turbo|GTX 480|CM 690 II Advanced|Corsair Dominator 4GB|LG LE3500 32"|X-FI|Intel 80GB SSD|Win 7 64Bit
Nvidia Driver:310.70 WHQL


Dedicated LAN Coop Server
Intel Core 2 Duo E8500|Asus P5B Deluxe|BFG GTX 285|Antec 900|Kingston HyperX 2GB|Viewsonic VX2255WMB 22"|Win 7 32Bit







GOD BLESS AMERICA

I Proudly Support Our Troops

Current Game:Elder Scrolls V Skyrim

Last edited by LT.Schaffer; 02-01-09 at 02:50 PM.
LT.Schaffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-08, 11:53 AM   #582
grey_1
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Left 4 Dead Feedback Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by LT.Schaffer View Post
Well i got my Brother L4D for christmas and we finally got to play a game last night

He's pretty good for having never played L4D before

Course the real test comes with Expert
Tonight?
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-08, 01:17 PM   #583
LT.Schaffer
Praise The Lord!
 
LT.Schaffer's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Chernarus
Posts: 1,960
Default Re: Left 4 Dead Feedback Thread

Yeah i would love to play again with you grey
__________________

Intel Q9650|Asus P5Q Pro Turbo|GTX 480|CM 690 II Advanced|Corsair Dominator 4GB|LG LE3500 32"|X-FI|Intel 80GB SSD|Win 7 64Bit
Nvidia Driver:310.70 WHQL


Dedicated LAN Coop Server
Intel Core 2 Duo E8500|Asus P5B Deluxe|BFG GTX 285|Antec 900|Kingston HyperX 2GB|Viewsonic VX2255WMB 22"|Win 7 32Bit







GOD BLESS AMERICA

I Proudly Support Our Troops

Current Game:Elder Scrolls V Skyrim
LT.Schaffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-08, 01:49 PM   #584
grey_1
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Left 4 Dead Feedback Thread

Sounds good! I sit here watching the clock tick towards the end of my work day.....
  Reply With Quote

Old 12-31-08, 02:39 PM   #585
betterdan
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Left 4 Dead Feedback Thread

Damn I wish the PC and 360 players could play together. Me and a couple other guys are probably gonna play tonight around midnight.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-08, 08:39 PM   #586
Redeemed
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 17,982
Default Re: Left 4 Dead Feedback Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by grey_1 View Post
Sounds good! I sit here watching the clock tick towards the end of my work day.....
No more sitting and waiting for me... I'm going home.

If I can squeeze a game in before our New Year's dinner, wanna' go a round or two?
Redeemed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-08, 09:53 PM   #587
grey_1
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Left 4 Dead Feedback Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redeemed View Post
No more sitting and waiting for me... I'm going home.

If I can squeeze a game in before our New Year's dinner, wanna' go a round or two?
me and LT just got slaughtered..where was ya?

LoL, this game is so addictive - Great game LT!
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-08, 10:16 PM   #588
Redeemed
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 17,982
Default Re: Left 4 Dead Feedback Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by grey_1 View Post
me and LT just got slaughtered..where was ya?

LoL, this game is so addictive - Great game LT!
At that PITA known as a "job".

Anyhow, I'm home now and gonna' get a game in with my co-worker. Ya'll are free to join if you like.
Redeemed is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Super Team-Up! The Left 4 Dead / Payday Crossover News Archived News Items 0 05-21-12 06:30 AM
Official detonator 40.71 feedback thread Crake NVIDIA Windows Graphics Drivers 88 10-01-02 11:38 AM
Official Dentonator 40.52 feedback thread sh*tshot NVIDIA Windows Graphics Drivers 62 09-26-02 05:43 PM
Detonator 30.30 feedback thread Matthyahuw NVIDIA Windows Graphics Drivers 26 07-31-02 09:14 PM

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:47 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 1998 - 2014, nV News.