Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 01-02-09, 03:45 PM   #613
dante

Send a message via ICQ to dante
Default Re: Left 4 Dead Feedback Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by grey_1 View Post
Not always, but with 3-4 players normal, even advanced sometimes, just seems too easy. It's a bit different with 2 players and the 2 bot teammates, as well programmed as they are.

But the majority of the time yes. The intensity is fantastic.
I'm starting to like expert as well. Nice balance of challenge and reward. No a hell of a lot of room for error. If you use your health pack to early your screwed. Fall just a bit behind the other three and your screwed. Fun game
Old 01-02-09, 03:48 PM   #614
Redeemed

Quote:
Not always, but with 3-4 players normal, even advanced sometimes, just seems too easy. It's a bit different with 2 players and the 2 bot teammates, as well programmed as they are.

But the majority of the time yes. The intensity is fantastic.
Well, that game you and I played this morning was advanced... and had I not left the game for work, we would have beat it- just you, I, and the two bots.

I'd say for 4 people playing Expert is a must. Anything less and it'd likely be too easy.
Redeemed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-09, 04:03 PM   #615
grey_1

Yes, agreed on all. The balance of this game is incredible. I used to be ticked at getting incapped by a hunter so easily, then I realized that with even a little teamwork the hunter really doesn't have a chance.

Anyone who likes to be a lone hero though, good luck to them.
Old 01-02-09, 06:14 PM   #616
Redeemed

Quote:
Yes, agreed on all. The balance of this game is incredible. I used to be ticked at getting incapped by a hunter so easily, then I realized that with even a little teamwork the hunter really doesn't have a chance.

Anyone who likes to be a lone hero though, good luck to them.
Twice so far I've taken a witch out entirely by myself... once last night (on expert), and then this morning with you. Granted, in both cases the odds were *heavily* in my favor.

This morning I lobbed a pipe bomb next to her. The zombies (including a boomer) swarmed to the pipe bomb. There was a gas can only feet away from here. When the bomb went off it set the gas aflame. She, of course, instantly charged me- at which point I allowed her to get close enough and then emptied all 10 rounds of my auto-shotty on her. She went down without inflicting *any* damage to me. My strategy for killing her last night was very similar.

But no, if you prefer to be a lone hero- you *will* die. That's what I love about this game, team work is a must for you to beat it.
Old 01-02-09, 08:36 PM   #617
Redeemed

If anybody is interested, I'll be home in about an hour and a half from now. I'm planning on setting up a dedicated lobby. If you're interested, look for me around that time. I also have the next two days off, so if anybody is up for some gaming over the weekend, I'll be here.

BTW... I'm curious about "versus"... is it just as fun as the "campaign" mode? I am not too sure I like the idea of being one of the infected myself, but I'd like to hear others' feedback on it as well.
Old 01-02-09, 08:59 PM   #618
grey_1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redeemed View Post
If anybody is interested, I'll be home in about an hour and a half from now. I'm planning on setting up a dedicated lobby. If you're interested, look for me around that time. I also have the next two days off, so if anybody is up for some gaming over the weekend, I'll be here.

BTW... I'm curious about "versus"... is it just as fun as the "campaign" mode? I am not too sure I like the idea of being one of the infected myself, but I'd like to hear others' feedback on it as well.
What, around midnight PST? 3am EST? LOL!

no.

I'll jump into a game tomorrow though.

Versus is a blast. Playing as an infected is frustrating until you learn how to best use their abilities. If yu work together as a team you can really damage the survivors quite a bit.
Old 01-02-09, 10:23 PM   #619
Redeemed

Quote:
What, around midnight PST? 3am EST? LOL!

no.

I'll jump into a game tomorrow though.

Versus is a blast. Playing as an infected is frustrating until you learn how to best use their abilities. If yu work together as a team you can really damage the survivors quite a bit.
I knew it'd be past your bedtime, Gramps- I was talking about 8PM PST (11PM EST?). I'm creating the lobby right now as a matter of fact.

I have to "baby sit" my niece and nephew tomorrow morning till about noon, then after that I have a bunch of errands to run. I can probably get some gaming in tomorrow evening (probably closer to 8 or 9 your time, Grey). I'd love to get another game in then.
Old 01-03-09, 01:12 AM   #620
Redeemed

lol- sorry about that lag six and rip. I didn't realize it'd do that if I created locally.

Anyhow, hopefully we'll be able to get a more enjoyable game tomorrow night.

Old 01-03-09, 06:13 AM   #621
grey_1

Quote:
lol- sorry about that lag six and rip. I didn't realize it'd do that if I created locally.

Anyhow, hopefully we'll be able to get a more enjoyable game tomorrow night.
Still lagging badly? A cable modem shouldn't choke on you like that, maybe you should set up a service call?
Old 01-03-09, 09:26 AM   #622
Redeemed

Quote:
Still lagging badly? A cable modem shouldn't choke on you like that, maybe you should set up a service call?
Oh no- I didnt' have any lag... they did. But I was hosting locally so that could be why. Then again, I've hosted locally when you and I play and I've yet to hear you complain of lag. Pretty weird.

As for me though, so far I've not lost connection nor experienced any lag myself. On a few servers I might get terrible ping, but no cable modem could fix that. I just need a faster connection would be all. And round here, that just isn't cost-effective.
Old 01-03-09, 11:16 AM   #623
grey_1

Quote:
Oh no- I didnt' have any lag... they did. But I was hosting locally so that could be why. Then again, I've hosted locally when you and I play and I've yet to hear you complain of lag. Pretty weird.

As for me though, so far I've not lost connection nor experienced any lag myself. On a few servers I might get terrible ping, but no cable modem could fix that. I just need a faster connection would be all. And round here, that just isn't cost-effective.
So it does let you host locally...I wonder why that won't work for me any more??
Old 01-03-09, 10:27 PM   #624
Redeemed

GG Magus! Was a blast... untill my friend kicked me off!

To anybody else, Lt. Schaffer and I have a lobby up, join if you want!