Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-29-09, 11:15 PM   #1021
Atomizer
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 379
Default Re: Left 4 Dead Feedback Thread

Considering this is a completely free update, you guys should appreciate it a little more, its extra content to enjoy, that cost nothing....unless you own an xbox360, then its your fault
Atomizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-09, 03:15 AM   #1022
LordJuanlo
Widescreen rules
 
LordJuanlo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Spain
Posts: 2,184
Default Re: Left 4 Dead Feedback Thread

They already said it would be a very short campaign, ideal for quick versus matches
__________________
Core i7 920 / Noctua NH-U12P SE1366
Gigabyte EX58-Extreme / 6 Gb OCZ PC3-12800 Platinum
1 x Intel X-25M G2 80 Gb / 3 x Seagate 1 Tb (RAID5)
ATI 5870 (Graphics) + GeForce 9600GT (PhysX) on Samsung SM244T 1920x1200
LG GGW-H20L BluRay & HD-DVD / Logitech Z-5500 5.1 DTS / Westone 3 Earphones
Asus Xonar D2 / 360 Elite Wireless Controller / Gigabyte Odin GT 800W
Windows 7 x64
(also a 360 and a PSP )
LordJuanlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-09, 07:09 AM   #1023
|MaguS|
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Left 4 Dead Feedback Thread

My friend and I played it last night and well we both thought it was ass. I know it's designed for vs but the camp portion is so Lame that they should have just left it out. The ai was broken for the other two teammates, comments they made were so bad and just poorly written. It wad also very poorly balanced. We got weapons and ammo every 3 mins that neither of us ever died.

It clearly shows that valve doesn't care for L4D1 anymore. In the time it took for them to make this camp, there were community maps that were longer and better quality. It's sad that a professional developer looks worse then thier community with their own game.

Valve puts out great titles but their attitude has changed alot in the last 2 years.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-09, 07:55 AM   #1024
six_storm
Registered User
 
six_storm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Nashvegas
Posts: 11,575
Send a message via Skype™ to six_storm
Default Re: Left 4 Dead Feedback Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by |MaguS| View Post
My friend and I played it last night and well we both thought it was ass. I know it's designed for vs but the camp portion is so Lame that they should have just left it out. The ai was broken for the other two teammates, comments they made were so bad and just poorly written. It wad also very poorly balanced. We got weapons and ammo every 3 mins that neither of us ever died.

It clearly shows that valve doesn't care for L4D1 anymore. In the time it took for them to make this camp, there were community maps that were longer and better quality. It's sad that a professional developer looks worse then thier community with their own game.

Valve puts out great titles but their attitude has changed alot in the last 2 years.
Wow, that sounds scary. I downloaded the updates last night but did not get to play it.

I was afraid since L4D2 was announced that Valve wouldn't give 2 cents about L4D1. Not a good move Valve, not a good move.
six_storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-09, 08:54 AM   #1025
|MaguS|
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Left 4 Dead Feedback Thread

It is, Zoey died early on due to a tank and francis makes a comment to her after shes dead, as if she never died.

AI would stick to things or run in the wrong direction regularly, yeah I know there not the best even in the normal maps but they were clearly broken, when they wouldn't grab new weapons or pills. I mean it felt like an beta map from the community...

Heaven can Wait and Night Terror are amazing custom maps. Highly recommend trying those out if you want some good coop.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-09, 09:15 AM   #1026
grey_1
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Left 4 Dead Feedback Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by |MaguS| View Post
It is, Zoey died early on due to a tank and francis makes a comment to her after shes dead, as if she never died.

AI would stick to things or run in the wrong direction regularly, yeah I know there not the best even in the normal maps but they were clearly broken, when they wouldn't grab new weapons or pills. I mean it felt like an beta map from the community...

Heaven can Wait and Night Terror are amazing custom maps. Highly recommend trying those out if you want some good coop.
+10

Several more should be out soon too.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-09, 09:49 AM   #1027
|MaguS|
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Left 4 Dead Feedback Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by grey_1 View Post
+10

Several more should be out soon too.
The Silent Hill coop is great but really confusing...
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-09, 10:44 AM   #1028
BioHazZarD
USCM Marine
 
BioHazZarD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Sweden
Posts: 2,369
Send a message via MSN to BioHazZarD
Default Re: Left 4 Dead Feedback Thread

They should already have released at last 4-5 mini versus campaigns.. just 1 in almost a year is so damn cheap.. they made huge money on this game and compared to TF2 we havent got much..
__________________
Chieftec Miditower /w 5 case fans | Corsair 620W HX PSU | Asus M4N98TD EVO SLI | AMD Athlon2 X2 260 3,2GHz | Corsair 3GB PC3-10666 | eVGA Geforce GTX 460 1GB (336shader) | Samsung Spinpoint x2 250GB HD +SATA 320GB | SB Audigy 4 @ 2.1 | Samsung Syncmaster BX2331 TFT 23" running 1920x1080@60hz | Windows XP PRO SP2 | |
BioHazZarD is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-30-09, 01:15 PM   #1029
Redeemed
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 17,982
Default Re: Left 4 Dead Feedback Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by BioHazZarD View Post
They should already have released at last 4-5 mini versus campaigns.. just 1 in almost a year is so damn cheap.. they made huge money on this game and compared to TF2 we havent got much..
I think that is where all the disappointment stems from. I am not going to complain as the campaign is free... but the support we've receive from Valve in comparison to TF2 if disgusting at best. L4D2 should not be L4D2... everything they are releasing as L4D2 should be DLC for the original L4D. All IMO of course.

Anyhow, unless it is either free or insanely discounted for people already owning L4D, I plan on not purchasing L4D2.
Redeemed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-09, 03:18 PM   #1030
grey_1
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Left 4 Dead Feedback Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by |MaguS| View Post
The Silent Hill coop is great but really confusing...
Death Aboard v7 is fantastic - tough on expert, but just awesome work.

The beginning throws you as it just looks haphazardly thrown together, but it doesn't take long at all to pick up fast.

Also Left 4 Deadcity campaign = awesome battles, and plenty of playtime.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-09, 05:32 PM   #1031
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me
 
NarcissistZero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 8,033
Send a message via AIM to NarcissistZero
Default Re: Left 4 Dead Feedback Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redeemed View Post
I think that is where all the disappointment stems from. I am not going to complain as the campaign is free... but the support we've receive from Valve in comparison to TF2 if disgusting at best.
It's not like every game has been supported like TF2 though, that is a unique case.

And yes, I know comments were made comparing them by Valve.
__________________
I gots one of them high powered gaming computers with an EVGA GTX 480 video thingy and a Q9550 processing device and also one of them Windows 7 64 operating programs with 4GB of some Corsair 1033 DDR2 ram.

Steam, Xbox Live and PSN: StingingVelvet
NarcissistZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-09, 05:51 PM   #1032
Sazar
Sayonara !!!
 
Sazar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Austin, Texas
Posts: 9,297
Default Re: Left 4 Dead Feedback Thread

TF2 is essentially one of the best FPS multi-player games since... well, TFC

I am annoyed with some of the tweaks but the overall balance of the game, with both teams having GOOD players, is pretty awesome.

And if you are good enough, you still have the capability of over-balancing either team
Sazar is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Super Team-Up! The Left 4 Dead / Payday Crossover News Archived News Items 0 05-21-12 06:30 AM
Official detonator 40.71 feedback thread Crake NVIDIA Windows Graphics Drivers 88 10-01-02 11:38 AM
Official Dentonator 40.52 feedback thread sh*tshot NVIDIA Windows Graphics Drivers 62 09-26-02 05:43 PM
Detonator 30.30 feedback thread Matthyahuw NVIDIA Windows Graphics Drivers 26 07-31-02 09:14 PM

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:25 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 1998 - 2014, nV News.