Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > Console World

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 11-25-08, 07:06 PM   #49
ViN86

Default Re: ***Official Gears of War 2 Thread***

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiCZoK4 View Post
Is there anyone who still likes first GOW more ?
GOW2 Interface and Campaign are much better than GOW.

but, i hate the chainsaw in GOW2. it's given way too much power and the vortex is worse than in the original GOW. i often shoot the person with my shotty, but then get chainsawed because of little to no knockback.

besides the chainsaw, the game/menus/etc. are awesome imo.
ViN86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-08, 01:57 PM   #50
MowTin

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaylumX View Post
I prefer the first one. To me it was a more challenging game. GOW2 is to easy even on hardcore mode.
I spent over week beating this game on hardcore and loved it. I loaned it to a friend who I thought would love it. Two days later he said he beat it. He played on normal. He said he didn't enjoy it much. Too easy.

DO NOT PLAY THIS GAME ON NORMAL

Epic really messed up the difficulty in this game. Normal is easy. Hardcore is normal. Is insane hardcore?

Difficulty level is key to a game. Too hard and it becomes frustrating and annoying as you repeat sections over and over again. Too easy and it becomes boring and tedious.

PS3 | Xbox 360
MowTin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-08, 05:13 AM   #51
NaitoSan
Student @ DigiPen

I beat it on hardcore as well. It wasn't so tough but I'm betting insane will be far more difficult. I yet to re-play it on insane difficult. Right now I'm too busy with Crackdown. It's freaking awesome! I'm surprised I didn't try it after Halo 3 beta... shame on me, I know.

But GoW2 is so awesome, and it's even better than first one. That's pretty rare.

Desktop: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 3.6GHz | ASUS P5K Deluxe/WiFi-AP | 4GB G.Skill F2-6400PHU1 @ 800MHz 4-4-3-5 | EVGA GeForce 8800 GTX 768MB | Western Digital Raptor X 150GB | Samsung 32" HDTV | Windows 7 Professional x64

Note: English is my second language so please bear with my grammar!
NaitoSan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-08, 07:23 AM   #52
crainger

Send a message via AIM to crainger

I love Crackdown. I was one of the few who bought it without even knowing it came with the Halo 3 beta. ::
crainger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-08, 08:39 AM   #53
JaylumX
Something Else

Quote:
Originally Posted by MowTin View Post
I spent over week beating this game on hardcore and loved it. I loaned it to a friend who I thought would love it. Two days later he said he beat it. He played on normal. He said he didn't enjoy it much. Too easy.

DO NOT PLAY THIS GAME ON NORMAL

Epic really messed up the difficulty in this game. Normal is easy. Hardcore is normal. Is insane hardcore?

Difficulty level is key to a game. Too hard and it becomes frustrating and annoying as you repeat sections over and over again. Too easy and it becomes boring and tedious.
Insane mode is hair pulling difficult which is the wy i like it. The major difference i see it that it takes a lot less to get you killed. Pop up from cover and a split second later you will be kissing the ground. The amount of times i've wanted to throw my monitor out the window are very frequent especially when you do a level over and over again....i wouldn't have it any other way. That is what i liked about the original GOW on hardcore difficulty and it sure as hell didn't take me 4 days to complete it and RAAM was a significant pain to kill. It is bosses like that that make completing it so much satisfying. I didn't feel that way with GOW2 but on insane mode (currently on the path to Xenos or the locaust city) i'm enjoying is a lot more than i did on hardcore.

i5 760 @ 4.0 | P7P55D-E | 8GB DDR3 | 60 & 120GB SSD - 1TB SATA 2 | HD 7950 @ 1200/6300 | HDAV 1.3 | HD598

Xbox 360 120GB | PS3 40GB | Wii 8GB | Sony KDL-32EX723BU
JaylumX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-08, 08:42 AM   #54
sytaylor
Cerebral Barbarian

Yeah I played through on casual with a noob housemate, and we got about half way through the game in one sitting.

The storyline is way more epic this time. It's gone from a well presented game with a story that I didn't care about... to that GTA IV level of interactive movie.
Yuraku 24" Widescreen monitor

It saddens me that I need the following to post here:

Disclaimer: Any views expressed in the above post under the psuedonym "sytaylor" are entirely subjective and do not reflect the views of any business, company or entity associated with Simon Taylor. The use, copying of or editing of any materials within this post for professional purposes without written permission is stricly prohibitted under the UK Right of Privacy as provided in the Human Rights Act 1998 and the European Convention on Human Rights: Article 10 ECHR. Any attempt to use the information herin shall be subject to the Data Protection Act and Freedom of Information act, with damages being saught for defamation. This disclaimer applies to all text, images or media on this domain.

You have been warned.
My Blog
sytaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-08, 08:04 PM   #55
ViN86

MP is getting easier to find matches. i like how you select multiple game types so you can switch it up.
ViN86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-08, 10:22 PM   #56
Lyme

They released a patch to fix matchmaking, and are working on a few server side fixes as well.
Lyme is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-01-08, 10:41 PM   #57
crainger

Are they gonna patch the buggy bits when Dom wont move and you end up on that raft fighting alone even though you can still hear Dom?

Also when you need to make that worm move and neither Dom or Carmine will move past the half way point?
Old 12-02-08, 12:10 AM   #58
Lyme

Quote:
Originally Posted by crainger View Post
Are they gonna patch the buggy bits when Dom wont move and you end up on that raft fighting alone even though you can still Dom?

Also when you need to make that worm move and neither Dom or Carmine will move past the half way point?
No need, both are dead weight.
Lyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-08, 12:12 AM   #59
crainger

I say kill them off and replace them with more Cole Train and Horsey for GoW 3.
Old 12-04-08, 02:12 PM   #60
HiCZoK4

Quote:
Originally Posted by crainger View Post
I love Crackdown. I was one of the few who bought it without even knowing it came with the Halo 3 beta. ::
Well I bought it too and Have too admit its much fun. Keys too the city mode is very entertaining\
HiCZoK4 is offline   Reply With Quote