Go Back   nV News Forums > Hardware Forums > Benchmarking And Overclocking

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 05-20-03, 07:16 AM   #1
bkswaney
Mr. Extreme!

Send a message via Yahoo to bkswaney
Thumbs up "So called" cheating writeup

http://www.elitebastards.com/page.ph...d=1&comments=1

Very good writeup. He makes some good points.
15.6 inch HD WideScreen
Nvidia 8200M-G 895mb
2Gig system ram
250Gig SATA 5400rpm HDrive
Vista Premium
bkswaney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-03, 07:36 AM   #2
Sazar
Sayonara !!!

Default Re: "So called" cheating writeup

Quote:
Originally posted by bkswaney

www.nvnews.net homepage...

check first article up there

concerning his write-up... there are some fundamental flaws...

he makes interesting points BUT...

the writer it plainly implying that ET was fed information by ati and we know that ET worked with B3d who happen to have access to the developer version of 3dmark03... it is ridiculous to sit there and say nvidia did this so ati did that... which is the clear implication of the article...

IMO yes the article raises points that are interesting but the point remains that there is something deliberate occuring here...

the 3dmark2001 SE problem is NOT comparable since there is no clippin pane issue... and it is OBVIOUSLY a bug

frankly I can't recall anyone saying the nv35 is a bad card... or that it can't perform well in benchmarks... BUT looking @ the photographic evidence provided... and the fact that the nv35 was NOT singled out solely in terms of receiving a boost I can't understand what the guy who wrote the article is really on about..

I guess I will have to sit and wait for digi to come here and explain what's going on and his colleagues train of thought here

edit - just one thing else I wanted to add.. the lack of mention concerning precision et al on the FX gpu's concerning 3dmark03 ie lowering precision to raise scores and now seeing the same benchmark appearing to be running @ full precision w/o loss of score...

Last edited by Sazar; 05-20-03 at 07:41 AM.
Sazar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-03, 07:39 AM   #3
zakelwe

Default Re: "So called" cheating writeup

Quote:

I swing my trenching spade off my shoulder and pushed the end into the hard ground, casting a furtive look over my left shoulder as I did so.

In the far distance I could just make out the massed ranks of the advancing Fanatics, the soft dirge of their annoyed chanting being carried on the soft summer wind as they prepared to attack again.

" Why did BK have to draw attention to us again " whispered Karen, the tall slim tanned brunette who stood by myside.

" Hmm " ,I just grunted back, " I'd advise you did as you did last time and take your panties off to stuff in your ears. It's the only thing that will block out their tired old ramblings ".

Suddenly my throat had become very dry.

I continued to dig my trench.
zakelwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-03, 07:56 AM   #4
bkswaney
Mr. Extreme!

Send a message via Yahoo to bkswaney
Default Re: Re: "So called" cheating writeup

Quote:
Originally posted by zakelwe
I swing my trenching spade off my shoulder and pushed the end into the hard ground, casting a furtive look over my left shoulder as I did so.

In the far distance I could just make out the massed ranks of the advancing Fanatics, the soft dirge of their annoyed chanting being carried on the soft summer wind as they prepared to attack again.

" Why did BK have to draw attention to us again " whispered Karen, the tall slim tanned brunette who stood by myside.

" Hmm " ,I just grunted back, " I'd advise you did as you did last time and take your panties off to stuff in your ears. It's the only thing that will block out their tired old ramblings ".

Suddenly my throat had become very dry.

I continued to dig my trench.

hehehe
bkswaney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-03, 08:07 AM   #5
zakelwe

Default Re: Re: Re: "So called" cheating writeup

Quote:
hehehe

It is a bit like we are under seige at present, luckily we are all strong, brave and good looking .

Regards

Andy
zakelwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-03, 09:17 AM   #6
SurfMonkey
QuadCore G80 PS3 Overload

Location: In a small room surrounded by vast, inscrutable, machines...

The pounding hordes of fanatics will decend upon this thread like vultures to a three day old wilderbeast corpse. And they'll make every effort to leave it picked clean and devoid of any flesh or substance.

And the reason for that is because it concerns an article that views the debate from the, *gasp!*, other side. Yep, you heard right. It doesn't tow the party line and because of that it must be a pack of lies and mis-truths. Half baked suppostition and tales of terror to scare the children of the red revolution with...

Well let them come, if they are so unsure of their current position of superiority that they have defend themselves all the time we haven't anything to worry about. They will collapse under the weight of their collective paranoia without any help from us.

"Halflife2 got halfway around the world before Gabe had a chance to get his pants on."
Anon
SurfMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-03, 09:27 AM   #7
nVidi0t
Quad Damage

Send a message via ICQ to nVidi0t

Nice Read
System: Intel Core 2 e6600 @ 3.6ghz (450*8) @ 1.475v | Koolance Exos 2 Water Cooler | 4096Mb Mushkin ASCENT 8500 @ 2.1v @ 1160Mhz| Asus P5k Deluxe P35 'bearlake' 804bios | PC Power & Cooling Silencer 850W| BFG 8800GT OC2 675Mhz | 150GB WD Raptor X | Seagate Barracuda 250GB SATA | Lian Li V2000 PC2 Case | Pioneer DL Burner | Creative Sound Blaster X-FI FATAL1TY FPS | Dell 2707WFP 27" LCD | Windows Vista Ultimate | Sennheiser HD-590 Prestige/Sennheiser HD-650 Headphones w/ Emmeline Hornet Amp | Razer Deathadder | Razer tarantula Keyboard |
nVidi0t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-03, 09:39 AM   #8
digitalwanderer

Angry nVidia=CHEESEBALLS!

Next time you feel like getting back to me nVidia, why don't you get back to me instead of hassling me friends? I won't bite, I'll just tear your head off and sh!t down your neck...in a video card arguing kind of way.

You REALLY pissed me off with this one, really. It's went from a mild interest to a personal issue...real personal.

I'm no longer with EliteBastards anymore nVidia, you can't come at me thru them again. (Well, you can if you want...but it won't do you any good.)

Try the same e-dress as me EliteBastards one but make the end bit sbcglobal.net if you want to reach me...try hassling one of me friends again to get to me and I will make you regret the day you ever saw a computer.

I am NOT impressed with your backroom strong arming, and I ain't bending over for you.
[SIZE=1][I]"It was very important to us that NVIDIA did not know exactly where to aim. As a result they seem to have over-engineered in some aspects creating a power-hungry monster which is going to be very expensive for them to manufacture. We have a beautifully balanced piece of hardware that beats them on pure performance, cost, scalability, future mobile relevance, etc. That's all because they didn't know what to aim at."
-R.Huddy[/I] [/SIZE]
digitalwanderer is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-20-03, 10:17 AM   #9
mbvgp

Dig I hope you were being sarcastic since if you are thinking that nvidia will bend over backwards for you you must be living in a dreamworld Especially since you are no longer with elitebastards .

Quote:
the 3dmark2001 SE problem is NOT comparable since there is no clippin pane issue... and it is OBVIOUSLY a bug
I have 44.03 drivers and a GF4Ti 4600 and I should have it according to 3dchips.fr. But I ran the game with settings at quality and 4xAA, 8xAF and I can see the dragon...no problems. Seems like something is wrong with 3dchips system ...
mbvgp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-03, 10:20 AM   #10
Gar
I like cats.

Considering the responses over at B3D I wouldn't put to much stock into that article.
Gar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-03, 10:25 AM   #11
digitalwanderer

I am SO disgusted/angry with nVidia and their tactics right now that I'm afraid to rant anymore.

I'm not happy with nVidia at all, and I'm even less so impressed by them.

BTW-Mr.Burke? Did you get my e-mail? I haven't heard back from you yet......
[SIZE=1][I]"It was very important to us that NVIDIA did not know exactly where to aim. As a result they seem to have over-engineered in some aspects creating a power-hungry monster which is going to be very expensive for them to manufacture. We have a beautifully balanced piece of hardware that beats them on pure performance, cost, scalability, future mobile relevance, etc. That's all because they didn't know what to aim at."
-R.Huddy[/I] [/SIZE]
digitalwanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-03, 10:27 AM   #12
Hanners
Elite Bastard

Quote:
Originally posted by mbvgp
Dig I hope you were being sarcastic since if you are thinking that nvidia will bend over backwards for you you must be living in a dreamworld Especially since you are no longer with elitebastards .
This isn't dig being sarcastic, sorry to say.