Closed Thread

Old 05-24-03, 08:38 AM   #73
vampireuk
**** Holster

Send a message via AIM to vampireuk

Quote:
Originally posted by solofly
What's wrong with NV35 line I ask?
Nothing at all, I am very impressed with it. Unfortunatly though NVIDIA's rep will be tainted after this, I'm not sure what effect (if any) this will have on their sales of the 5900.
Old 05-24-03, 08:40 AM   #74
Hanners
Elite Bastard

Quote:
Originally posted by vampireuk
Nothing at all, I am very impressed with it. Unfortunatly though NVIDIA's rep will be tainted after this, I'm not sure what effect (if any) this will have on their sales of the 5900.
I don't think it'll have any great effect really, I imagine they have already wrapped up most of the OEM deals they were going to get already, and the product is still more than impressive enough to be a justifiable purchase for most people.
Old 05-24-03, 08:52 AM   #75
Slappi
Fanboy to the 576mm2 Pwr

Quote:
Originally posted by vampireuk

Big deal.....so a bunch of over dramatic ATI lovers won't buy an nVidia card .... So What's New?!?

This whole thing is dumb if you ask me. I think I will take a break from all these hardware sites for awhile. It seems like they have all turned into a bad boring soap opera. I remember the TNT Voodoo2 days when I would buy every card out there and benchmark all the games I played and look at the IQ for myself and it was fun. No FM with their BS 3DMark, no hardware review sites with their biased BS and no company PR garbage. I would buy the best from both competitors and keep the best based on the games I liked to play.

I just sold all my nVidia and ATI stock because I am tired of their bs. I just want to play games. I will buy an ATI 9800pro 256mb and a nVidia 5900 Ultra 256mb when I can get em and do my own damn tests and sell the one that I feel is the poorer overall performer.

JUST LIKE THE OLD DAYS!! Gaming and computer building should be fun... not the obsessive bickering and finger pointing that has been going on lately.
Old 05-24-03, 09:07 AM   #76
Sazar
Sayonara !!!

Quote:
Originally posted by The Baron
Not for a benchmark it doesn't.

If you replace a part of a benchmark with your own creation in order to improve your scores for the benchmark, no matter how crappily the benchmark is coded for whatever architecture you're using, you're corrupting the benchmark. Plain and simple.

For a game? Sure. I'm ALL FOR IT. But for a benchmark? No. Otherwise, you'd have to be dependent on a driver team to optimize for every game on the planet in order to get similar performance.
I agree wholeheartedly..

but do you also agree that the 1.9% within the 3% variance allowed is a pitance compared to the 24% odd variance shown by nvidia cards... and also the stance taken by each individual company shows more maturity in the PR department of ONE IHV in comparison to the other ?
Old 05-24-03, 09:10 AM   #77
Sazar
Sayonara !!!

Quote:
Originally posted by John Reynolds
You should've stopped right there. You're using logic and common sense on a fanboy who's just going to re-interpret everything he can until it spins positive for his IHV of choice.
LMAO the blows keep getting lower and lower...
Old 05-24-03, 09:38 AM   #78
John Reynolds

Quote:
Originally posted by Sazar
LMAO the blows keep getting lower and lower...
Yeah, I should behave myself but it's just annoying as hell to watch fanboys act like PR goons with stock options.
Old 05-24-03, 09:44 AM   #79
Sazar
Sayonara !!!

Quote:
Yeah, I should behave myself but it's just annoying as hell to watch fanboys act like PR goons with stock options.
come on John.. you know EXACTLY the type of response he would come up with....

but it was still funny to read
Old 05-24-03, 10:06 AM   #80
zakelwe

Quote:
John, maybe you should have a word first with the people who go to Beyond3d where butter wouldn't melt in their mouths and then come over to nvnews and turn into complete assholes

It doesn't take a Brain of Britain to realise that a lot of the defensive comments over here are exactly that because people are getting rather sick and tired of being lectured to as if they are numbskulls and like being talked down to.

Joe Defuria is a typical case of this, on beyond3d with his " peers" he is Dr. Jekyll and over here he immediately becomes Mr Hyde. Luckily he is easy to send packing with facts to beat off his convolusions, but the point still stands.

By the way, build 330 still lets nVidia inflate their score in earlier versions of the drivers, so that build still doesn't level the field

Regards

Old 05-24-03, 10:14 AM   #81
Lezmaka

Quote:
Originally posted by Sazar
I agree wholeheartedly..

but do you also agree that the 1.9% within the 3% variance allowed is a pitance compared to the 24% odd variance shown by nvidia cards... and also the stance taken by each individual company shows more maturity in the PR department of ONE IHV in comparison to the other ?
It's only 1.9% of the overall score, but an 8% difference in that specific test which is definately outside the margin of error/normal variance.
Old 05-24-03, 10:16 AM   #82
digitalwanderer

Quote:
ROFLMFAO~~~~~

I know what ya mean John, I truly do, and ya have me sympathies. It seems like the more intelligent/rational of the nVidia enthusiasts have had the common sense to give up on a losing battle trying to defend the undefendable and so we're left with the radical fringe element who will just NOT accept the reality of the situation.

(Sorry, I'm pre-coffee...your comment just cracked me up! )
[SIZE=1][I]"It was very important to us that NVIDIA did not know exactly where to aim. As a result they seem to have over-engineered in some aspects creating a power-hungry monster which is going to be very expensive for them to manufacture. We have a beautifully balanced piece of hardware that beats them on pure performance, cost, scalability, future mobile relevance, etc. That's all because they didn't know what to aim at."
-R.Huddy[/I] [/SIZE]
Old 05-24-03, 10:25 AM   #83
zakelwe

Quote:
Originally posted by digitalwanderer
ROFLMFAO~~~~~

I know what ya mean John, I truly do, and ya have me sympathies. It seems like the more intelligent/rational of the nVidia enthusiasts have had the common sense to give up on a losing battle trying to defend the undefendable and so we're left with the radical fringe element who will just NOT accept the reality of the situation.

(Sorry, I'm pre-coffee...your comment just cracked me up! )
Most of the nvidiots here looked on these findings with sinking stomachs, but if you want to read beyond3d's forums then you'll find we're actually all just going on about the ati optimisation and love nvidia to death.

You don't have to work for a company to be a PR person so it seems......

Regards
Closed Thread