Go Back   nV News Forums > Hardware Forums > Benchmarking And Overclocking

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 05-23-03, 11:29 PM   #25
digitalwanderer

Default And another thing about Rage3d...

...most of the mods were over here having themselves just too good a time tearing apart the silly justifications of the more die-hard nVidia enthusiasts.

GI Bro just asked me for a link to ATi's official response so he could post it on their front page...go help a brother out.
[SIZE=1][I]"It was very important to us that NVIDIA did not know exactly where to aim. As a result they seem to have over-engineered in some aspects creating a power-hungry monster which is going to be very expensive for them to manufacture. We have a beautifully balanced piece of hardware that beats them on pure performance, cost, scalability, future mobile relevance, etc. That's all because they didn't know what to aim at."
-R.Huddy[/I] [/SIZE]
digitalwanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-03, 11:36 PM   #26
micron

Send a message via MSN to micron

Quote:
Originally posted by OICAspork
Heh, I came back here to post that link (^_- you'll notice I was one of the first... and unfortunately currently few... to post in that thread), but you beat me too it.

Also... replying to an earlier entry... Kyle doesn't have to apologize... but he damned well should... his post wasn't merely an opinion, it was mud-slinging that lacked any journalistic integrity.
Dont worry, I was posting right there with you, my screeny is geneticweapon over there, I was the guy you almost jumped in defence of Brent
HIS X1900GT IceQ 3 @700/1600 1.45v
micron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-03, 11:39 PM   #27
micron

Quote:
Originally posted by Nv40
you already know the answer
NV40 doesnt post unless he's taking a shot at, or saying something smug about ATi.....grow up.....
Old 05-24-03, 01:33 AM   #28
OICAspork

Send a message via AIM to OICAspork

Quote:
Originally posted by micron
NV40 doesnt post unless he's taking a shot at, or saying something smug about ATi.....grow up.....
^_- That's not going to happen... my advice... add Nv40 to your ignore list... it makes NVNews much more enjoyable.
OICAspork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-03, 01:36 AM   #29
Rogozhin

I believe i will do that

rogo
Rogozhin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-03, 02:53 AM   #30
OICAspork

Send a message via AIM to OICAspork

Quote:
Originally posted by micron
Dont worry, I was posting right there with you, my screeny is geneticweapon over there, I was the guy you almost jumped in defence of Brent
Heh... you came to my defence... as the last poster in my first thread over at Tom's too... though I didn't notice until I looked back at it today... so a belated thanks. ^_- Here is a link to refresh your memory:

http://www.community.tomshardware.co...&part=all&vc=1
OICAspork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-03, 03:40 AM   #31
bloodbob

Anyone who wants to say that what ati did in the 3dmark was a cheat I won't say are wrong BUT if they do the exact completely same thing in a game I won't. On the other hand I say nvidia cheated in 3dmark and if they do it in a game I'll say they are cheating there to because this is the same as the quake issue if not worse because I say quake issue is the same as using fp 16 on sky and water but what nvidia did was a step more and changed the sky and water.
Old 05-24-03, 08:02 AM   #32
Hanners
Elite Bastard

Quote:
Originally posted by vampireuk
I'm kind of curious as to why Rage have not posted about the ati "cheating" bit...
http://www.rage3d.com/#1053749037

Old 05-24-03, 09:22 AM   #33
Sazar
Sayonara !!!

Default Re: Re: Re: Will Tom's, Anand, [H], etc... run with this story...

Quote:
Originally posted by 5150 Joker
I don't understand why ANYONE even takes HardOCP seriously anymore. They've been caught with the whole intel lie, accusing other sites of having ulterior motives and now defending nVidia's cheats. The site is complete sell-out garbage.

but...

I still like Sean P.'s reviews

/me refuses to take [H] off his bookmarks just coz of Sean...
Sazar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-03, 02:04 PM   #34
Behemoth
radeon 9800 pro

Quote:
Originally posted by Hellbinder

Becuase what ATi did, was not Cheating.
Quote:
Pixel shaders are functions, taking textures, constants, and texture coordinates as inputs, and producing colors as outputs. Computer scientists have this notion of extensional equality that says, if you have two functions, and they return the same results for all combinations of parameters, then they represent the same function -- even if their implementaions differ, for example in instruction usage or performance.
obviously, instead of putting this "shuffle instructions" optimization into PS2 shaders, ati chose to remove it in the next driver, which makes me believe the "shuffle instructions" optimization only works in GT4 scenario, it does not work for all combinations of parameters hence, they are not fully PS2 compliant shaders, hence i believe they also are cheats
Behemoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-03, 02:31 PM   #35
druga runda
Zeus Gromovnik

Thumbs up Re: Re: Re: Will Tom's, Anand, [H], etc... run with this story...

Quote:
Originally posted by 5150 Joker
I don't understand why ANYONE even takes HardOCP seriously anymore. They've been caught with the whole intel lie, accusing other sites of having ulterior motives and now defending nVidia's cheats. The site is complete sell-out garbage.
:b:

they deserve a

together with Toms

- the only one that was not straight out making cheap shots or posting obviously invalid reviews out of the three is Anand ( at least I haven't seen yet) .

edit : OK I have to give Pelly credit as he is but one reviewer does not make the whole site right when the owners are selling every once in a while.

Last edited by druga runda; 05-24-03 at 02:39 PM.
druga runda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-03, 02:48 PM   #36
micron

Quote:
Originally posted by OICAspork
Heh... you came to my defence... as the last poster in my first thread over at Tom's too... though I didn't notice until I looked back at it today... so a belated thanks. ^_- Here is a link to refresh your memory:

http://www.community.tomshardware.co...&part=all&vc=1
Lol...that seems like ages ago. I really liked that post....You kinda disapeared after that!