Newegg Daily Deals

Old 05-26-03, 07:55 AM   #97
Sazar
Sayonara !!!

Quote:
Originally posted by Behemoth
here comes another contender:

3) 2?2=3.7(oops)

this stupid video card driver maker think 3.7 and 4 is around the same, hence he swaps in his IHV specific shader "?" too, just for speed, now even a dog will say this is cheating
again... why were you not so vocal and imaginative when it came to nvidia's obvious and deliberate cheats ?
Sazar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-03, 08:12 AM   #98
Spotch

Quote:
here comes another contender:

3) 2?2=3.7(oops)

this stupid video card driver maker think 3.7 and 4 is around the same, hence he swaps in his IHV specific shader "?" too, just for speed, now even a dog will say this is cheating
Now what are you saying? That we shouldn't allow optimizations on anything incase the driver team makes a mistake and unconsciously changes the output? And furthermore your labeling such a situation as a cheat? You must be drunk! This example along with your entire argument is undeveloped and chaotic.
Spotch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-03, 08:59 AM   #99
Behemoth
radeon 9800 pro

Quote:
Originally posted by Sazar
again... why were you not so vocal and imaginative when it came to nvidia's obvious and deliberate cheats ?
hey i didnt say that was nvidia
whats wrong with discussing things from all angles
Behemoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-03, 09:01 AM   #100
Sazar
Sayonara !!!

Quote:
hey i didnt say that was nvidia
whats wrong with discussing things from all angles
whats wrong is you are quick to dismiss hard evidence on one side while putting forth flimsy logic to support an argument which is based on far less solid footing on the other side...
Old 05-26-03, 09:16 AM   #101
Behemoth
radeon 9800 pro

Quote:
Originally posted by Spotch
Now what are you saying? That we shouldn't allow optimizations on anything incase the driver team makes a mistake and unconsciously changes the output? And furthermore your labeling such a situation as a cheat? You must be drunk! This example along with your entire argument is undeveloped and chaotic.
i am sorry you found my entire argument chaotic and undeveloped, but i assumed the third contender was using approximation purposely, he made no mistake
its ok if you dont think that is a cheat.
Old 05-26-03, 09:21 AM   #102
digitalwanderer

Post Well, Kyle is talking about it in his forums

Kyle is speaking his bit about how he feels on the whole nVidia cheating fiasco. Nothing at all encouraging, it can basically be summed up with:

Quote:
So to directly answer your question, I am not sure how one can cheat at altering the score of a benchmark that obviously has no value to begin with. The real losers here are the persons that actually think that the 3Dmark03 score really means something. The overall 3Dmark03 score is absolutely useless for gauging anything about video hardware when it comes to evaluating real world gaming situations. BUT, if it was a real game and NVIDIA was pulling this BS, we would be happy to see their asses publicly whipped. If NVIDIA goes there, I think we will obviously know who is smoking the hallucinogens then.
[SIZE=1][I]"It was very important to us that NVIDIA did not know exactly where to aim. As a result they seem to have over-engineered in some aspects creating a power-hungry monster which is going to be very expensive for them to manufacture. We have a beautifully balanced piece of hardware that beats them on pure performance, cost, scalability, future mobile relevance, etc. That's all because they didn't know what to aim at."
-R.Huddy[/I] [/SIZE]
digitalwanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-03, 09:23 AM   #103
Behemoth
radeon 9800 pro

Quote:
whats wrong is you are quick to dismiss hard evidence on one side while putting forth flimsy logic to support an argument which is based on far less solid footing on the other side...
ok, i understand what you were trying to say. but your hard evidence may look flimsy to me, on the other hand, my hard evidence may look flimsy to you
Old 05-26-03, 09:26 AM   #104
Sazar
Sayonara !!!

Quote:
ok, i understand what you were trying to say. but your hard evidence may look flimsy to me, on the other hand, my hard evidence may look flimsy to you
but you have no hard evidence behemoth... some theoretical calculations that are not worknig quite the way they have been pointed out to be working in the optimizations are not what I would call hard evidence..

on the other hand specific files and calls made and identified and parts of the benchmark altered in significant ways ARE hard evidence...

Old 05-26-03, 09:30 AM   #105
Sazar
Sayonara !!!

Default Re: Well, Kyle is talking about it in his forums

Quote:
Originally posted by digitalwanderer
Kyle is speaking his bit about how he feels on the whole nVidia cheating fiasco. Nothing at all encouraging, it can basically be summed up with:

I guess kyle's rather retarded remarks completely justify my previous post/rant on his ethical standards... in reply to sean's post..

his bias v/s 3dmark03 is not in question... the cheating is... and to suggest that cheating is OK if HE does not believe in the benchmark... well... all I can say is... whaaa ?

/me's opinion of kyle falls farther...
Old 05-26-03, 09:32 AM   #106
Behemoth
radeon 9800 pro

Default Re: Well, Kyle is talking about it in his forums

Quote:
Originally posted by digitalwanderer

wow what an answer, good point, sounds like how one can kill a dead body lol
Old 05-26-03, 09:35 AM   #107
Behemoth
radeon 9800 pro

Quote:
but you have no hard evidence behemoth... some theoretical calculations that are not worknig quite the way they have been pointed out to be working in the optimizations are not what I would call hard evidence..

on the other hand specific files and calls made and identified and parts of the benchmark altered in significant ways ARE hard evidence...
well those examples i made are not evidences i am just using them to discuss things, they are not any evidence at all.
Old 05-26-03, 09:16 PM   #108
StealthHawk

Quote:
I think it's obvious why.