Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > MMORPGs

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 10-29-08, 05:17 AM   #1
Rakeesh

Default Woohoo, I got Duelist!

Top 3% of all teams in each battlegroup get this title. And she's mine

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...oast&n=Rakeesh

Armory doesn't reflect it yet as of this posting (still shows rival because blizzard initially screwed up the titles, but today they finally fixed them) but it was there when I last logged out. Hopefuly it will in a few hours though.

Too bad my arena ratings went way down since two weeks ago. Pretty much impossible to do well in arena right now unless you are an arcane mage or a ret paladin, who carry an insane amount of burst damage. Sad really, pvp is so dumbed down compared to what it used to be before the last patch. Just rush in and blow sh*t up, no need for strategy anymore.

Core i7 2600k 4.4Ghz 1.385v | Corsair H60 | 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 8-8-8-24 | MSI P67A-G45 | OCZ Vertex 3 | Sapphire 7850 OC to Max settings

Rakeesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-08, 06:36 AM   #2
Tyr-Sog
goS-ryT

Default Re: Woohoo, I got Duelist!

KeYz LOggerERZ!!!!
Old 10-29-08, 08:23 AM   #3
thor1182
Spelling Expert?!?

I think things will balance out come 80. Things where really lopsided like this when they released the lvl 70 trees when everyone was still lvl 60.

Apparently moonkin are doing real well in the current climat.
-"Aqua 2": Water Cooled Intel i7 960, 12 GB DDR3 PC 12800, 3x Intel X-25-M 80 GB SSD RAID 0, SATA 1.5TB WD, EVGA GeForce GTX 470 Supper Clocked Water Cooled, ASUS P6X58D, Corsair 800D w/ Koolance cooling
thor1182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-08, 03:24 PM   #4
Rakeesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by thor1182 View Post
I think things will balance out come 80. Things where really lopsided like this when they released the lvl 70 trees when everyone was still lvl 60.

Yeah I've been doing pvp as moonkin lately, its ok. Ret is just plain OP though, there's quite literally nothing you can do about them unless you are a priest and have mass dispell. You can dps the crap out of them and bring them down to 20% or so, then they just bubble and keep going at you. You can't stop them at all.

It's stupid because even a really sh*tty player who has no idea what they are doing can pick up that class and just destroy people with it. Literally every game I've lost in the last two weeks was against a team that had at least one ret paladin. And were talking higher (1900+ ratings) where complete idiots are doing extremely well. I was even watching one of these guys line of sight his healer multiple times, and another time where two of them weren't even attacking the same target.

Core i7 2600k 4.4Ghz 1.385v | Corsair H60 | 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 8-8-8-24 | MSI P67A-G45 | OCZ Vertex 3 | Sapphire 7850 OC to Max settings

Old 10-29-08, 04:30 PM   #5
Tyr-Sog
goS-ryT

I was kinda lost playing the other day being I haven't played since the beginning of August. Everything was new and I lost my UI setup so I had to download all that crap also, which was all updated and new too:/ . Any how, I went out to that sunwell island(or whatever it's called) with my Boomkin and just got owned by a pally. It was sick. I'm not even sure I was never not stunned during that assbeating
Old 10-30-08, 03:46 AM   #6
K007

got the gladiator title once...s2. mm lock/priest >< on blackrock
K007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-08, 01:37 AM   #7
Rakeesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyr-Sog View Post
I was kinda lost playing the other day being I haven't played since the beginning of August. Everything was new and I lost my UI setup so I had to download all that crap also, which was all updated and new too:/ . Any how, I went out to that sunwell island(or whatever it's called) with my Boomkin and just got owned by a pally. It was sick. I'm not even sure I was never not stunned during that assbeating
I just speced boomkin for the first time since the great ret nerf. I made two ret paladins bubble hearth today Course, I outgeared them a bit bein S4 and all, but still, no more rets in greens going around killing **** anymore.

Feral is impressing me a bit too. I haven't double checked it yet, but I think pounce, maim (no longer breaks on damage btw,) and bash are all on separate diminishing returns. This means you can lock somebody down for up to 15 seconds. Add a cyclone and you are good for 21 seconds, and this gives you enough time to break combat and re-enter stealth for...another pounce, which by this time is off of DR, and you could follow that with another maim, which is also off DR at this point, going up to 31 seconds.

I spent a fair amount of time finding rogues to lolstunlock. Little OP bastards deserve it, and it makes me laugh my ass off each time they stand around stunlocked, in an ironic twist of fate, getting their ass beat and there's nothing they can do about it Properly glyphed and talented my shreds also crit for 4k on targets that are stunned while bleeding (45% crit chance too,) and popping tigers fury > berserk makes this spammable up to 5 times.

Old 11-12-08, 03:25 AM   #8
Rome
Kermitasaurus

While I agree that Paladins needed to be toned down, I will say it's about time they can actually "DPS". I raided 40+ hours a week for 2 and 1/2 years as a Healadin. That was all Pallies were good for up until a few weeks back. Dueling a Druid in ANY spec was absolutely useless whether I was a "better" player or not. No DPS = no killing anything. Even now with the "nerfs", Ret Pallies find it hard to find an Arena group since their mana regen was toned down. Two mana burns and a dispell equates to a useless body.

In short, the Pally hate is not deserved. The OP Pally needed balancing and it was done. Move on.
Sound - X-Fi Extreme Gamer 7.1
Ram - Corsair XMS2 DDR 800 4G (Ready when I'm confident with a switch to Vista 64)
PSU - Thermaltake Toughpower 650W
Hard Drives - WD 74G Raptor Serial ATA150, Seagate Barracuda 250g Sata 3.0
Case - Thermaltake Armor Silver Full Tower w/ 250cm Fan
Peripherals - G15 keyboard, Microsoft Habu Mouse
Rome is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-12-08, 08:36 AM   #9
Tyr-Sog
goS-ryT

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaWolf_HK View Post
I just speced boomkin for the first time since the great ret nerf. I made two ret paladins bubble hearth today Course, I outgeared them a bit bein S4 and all, but still, no more rets in greens going around killing **** anymore.

Feral is impressing me a bit too. I haven't double checked it yet, but I think pounce, maim (no longer breaks on damage btw,) and bash are all on separate diminishing returns. This means you can lock somebody down for up to 15 seconds. Add a cyclone and you are good for 21 seconds, and this gives you enough time to break combat and re-enter stealth for...another pounce, which by this time is off of DR, and you could follow that with another maim, which is also off DR at this point, going up to 31 seconds.

I spent a fair amount of time finding rogues to lolstunlock. Little OP bastards deserve it, and it makes me laugh my ass off each time they stand around stunlocked, in an ironic twist of fate, getting their ass beat and there's nothing they can do about it Properly glyphed and talented my shreds also crit for 4k on targets that are stunned while bleeding (45% crit chance too,) and popping tigers fury > berserk makes this spammable up to 5 times.
Wish I can get in to my druid. I just can't take the shapeshifting, tauren, moonkin looks. I know it's silly but I like to look at the gear I just worked for.

Currently I'm leveling a female orc rogue (named Rockuamadeus)lol. It's extremly insane how fast leveling is nowadays. I think im averaging roughly a lvl an hour when I just get right down to lvling.

But back to the boomkin. Yea, they're pretty badass. I went head to head with a pally who had 17,200 health and won 3 times to his none in the hills of tarren. I'm not sure what his spec was but I don't think it was that Beatyourass spec most are running around with. Still though was pretty epic as we were both always down to the last hp/mana with me some how capitalizing at the end.

Another good time a couple days ago at the town in hinterlands(forget the name) a decked out dwarf pally and rogue showed up and was killing lower lvls(my rogue). So couple guys brought their 70's and the pally/rogue were still jacking them up. So I had my druid over at TM, brought him over and just starting owning(well with the help of the other 2). Had them running. Pally ended up bubble/hearthing out. lol

The game as boring as it can be is fun as hell sometimes.

btw, figures, I had a 1/2 of a day off yesterday and today off and the servers have been down the complete time. Never fails.
Old 11-12-08, 12:17 PM   #10
deadplayer
*BANNED*

Quote:
Originally Posted by thor1182 View Post

Agree. I also think so.
deadplayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-08, 04:19 AM   #11
Rakeesh

I've been doing level 80 pvp for a few days now. The balance does seem to be going more towards being able to last, however I still run into situations where I can gib somebody with 15k HP pretty quickly. This is still using my level 70 season 4 gear (I still have yet to find a single blue or green item to replace any of it.)

Level 80 gear does seem to put a lot more stam on its item budget than damage now, for both pve and pvp. However one thing of note is that the item budgets are a *lot* more streamlined. For example ret, feral, and enhancement gear no longer has any of its item budget going towards int. Instead this goes more towards damage output. Still up for grabs but I am not yet entirely convinced that overly heavy burst damage is no longer a problem.