Go Back   nV News Forums > Hardware Forums > Benchmarking And Overclocking

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 05-24-03, 09:45 AM   #37
euan
Fully Qualified FanATIc

Talking

BTW the mimimum entry fee to the Futuremark hardware beta program is $5000/yr.
Old 05-24-03, 10:01 AM   #38
indio

Quote:
Originally posted by Slappi
You obviously cannot read a financial statement. nVidia has a small Debt/equity. Here do some reading:

http://biz.yahoo.com/p/n/nvda.html
i was referring to there long term debt not there debt ratio for this quarter

Long term debt is ten times ATI's and so is their Liabilities. There P/E is rediculous and there price 3 times there book value.
They are on shaky ground when it comes to long term. Being able to appear solvent in the near term is easy when you push your expenses out but eventually you need to pay up.
indio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-03, 10:02 AM   #39
Sazar
Sayonara !!!

Quote:
Originally posted by euan
BTW the mimimum entry fee to the Futuremark hardware beta program is $5000/yr.
omg..

/me runs special optimized coding involving maths to render a result that is faster and shows things the way I want them to be seen since I am l33t and everything I say is the way it should be... no one else has the right to have standardized mathematics operations... ONLY ME...

/me does ( 5000 * nvidia PR bs ) == a gazillion dollars a year

OMG... thats something like hundreds of thousands of dollars a year... there is NO WAY I am going to pay that since it is such a large amount and no one is really going to check up on my maths coz it is OPTIMIZED and therefore it is THE way to do things...

so there...

right and it is a gazillion dollars for a program that is irrelevant because I said so since my product sux0r @ doing anything @ speed involving dx9 specs... but that CAN'T possibly be the reason I am upset... because my engineers buggered up or our plan was buggered... no possible way... I am l33t... have worlds best drivers... NO WAY can I POSSIBLY be wrong...

there is a conspiracy... I am the victim... who cares if I have the largest market share... I am definitely the victim.. in fact there is a dog pi$$ing outside my door (reference to dog in "as good as it gets")...

I am innocent... I did things correctly... honest... I'll take an 'optimized' lie detector test as well to prove it..

DANG it.. I am l33t... I AM NOT CHEATING... I am OPTIMIZING...
Sazar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-03, 10:28 AM   #40
zakelwe

Quote:
Originally posted by Sazar
omg..

/me runs special optimized coding involving maths to render a result that is faster and shows things the way I want them to be seen since I am l33t and everything I say is the way it should be... no one else has the right to have standardized mathematics operations... ONLY ME...

/me does ( 5000 * nvidia PR bs ) == a gazillion dollars a year

OMG... thats something like hundreds of thousands of dollars a year... there is NO WAY I am going to pay that since it is such a large amount and no one is really going to check up on my maths coz it is OPTIMIZED and therefore it is THE way to do things...

so there...

right and it is a gazillion dollars for a program that is irrelevant because I said so since my product sux0r @ doing anything @ speed involving dx9 specs... but that CAN'T possibly be the reason I am upset... because my engineers buggered up or our plan was buggered... no possible way... I am l33t... have worlds best drivers... NO WAY can I POSSIBLY be wrong...

there is a conspiracy... I am the victim... who cares if I have the largest market share... I am definitely the victim.. in fact there is a dog pi$$ing outside my door (reference to dog in "as good as it gets")...

I am innocent... I did things correctly... honest... I'll take an 'optimized' lie detector test as well to prove it..

DANG it.. I am l33t... I AM NOT CHEATING... I am OPTIMIZING...
Don't forget that a lot of the 3dmark consumers actually want optimisations.

Regards

Andy
zakelwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-03, 11:01 AM   #41
Richteralan
The Enigma

Send a message via ICQ to Richteralan Send a message via MSN to Richteralan

So everyone!
Stop buying Nvidia!
Go ATI.......Action speaks louder than words!

hahahahaha!!!!
Richteralan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-03, 11:12 AM   #42
Slappi
Fanboy to the 576mm2 Pwr

Quote:
Originally posted by indio
i was referring to there long term debt not there debt ratio for this quarter

Long term debt is ten times ATI's and so is their Liabilities. There P/E is rediculous and there price 3 times there book value.
They are on shaky ground when it comes to long term. Being able to appear solvent in the near term is easy when you push your expenses out but eventually you need to pay up.

Their P/E means nothing right now. It will come down substantially in the next 2 quarters. Their long term debt is also small .... I don't know what you are looking at to get that high number. You cannot even compare ATI to nVidia as a company. They may have a better product but as far as execution on their business ATI is lacking.
Slappi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-03, 11:46 AM   #43
indio

Quote:
Originally posted by Slappi
Their P/E means nothing right now. It will come down substantially in the next 2 quarters. Their long term debt is also small .... I don't know what you are looking at to get that high number. You cannot even compare ATI to nVidia as a company. They may have a better product but as far as execution on their business ATI is lacking.
historically a p/e of 15 would be considered highish, so i don't know what you call 115 . Their long term debt combined with their liabilities is 2/3 of GROSS revenue that isn't good going down the road. There long term debt is 300 million but their income after taxes is 60 million. If you made $60,000 a year after tax and bought a $300,000 house I would say you are walking the razors edge. Not to mention the $600 million in liabilities that can come due at unpredictable times.
http://www.wsrn.com/apps/companyinfo...x&f=FUNDCHARTS

Can someone say irrational exuberance ? It's a good thing you don't get paid to give stock advice. I'm not saying they are going to roll over but they're are nearing the limit of capitol creation through financing and investment. Therefore they can't afford another screwup.
Old 05-24-03, 11:52 AM   #44
digitalwanderer

Quote:
Originally posted by indio
historically a p/e of 15 would be considered highish, so i don't know what you call 115 . Their long term debt combined with their liabilities is 2/3 of GROSS revenue that isn't good going down the road. There long term debt is 300 million but their income after taxes is 60 million. If you made $60,000 a year after tax and bought a $300,000 house I would say you are walking the razors edge. Not to mention the $600 million in liabilities that can come due at unpredictable times.
http://www.wsrn.com/apps/companyinfo...x&f=FUNDCHARTS

Can someone say irrational exuberance ? It's a good thing you don't get paid to give stock advice. I'm not saying they are going to roll over but they're are nearing the limit of capitol creation through financing and investment. Therefore they can't afford another screwup.
ROFLMFAO~~~~~

So are you basically telling me that all these folks saying that nVidia has money coming out of their butthole are basically being totally scammed/fooled/deluded by some Enronesque book-keeping?!?

No wonder they're so pissy about it at nVidia, this really COULD kill them dead!
[SIZE=1][I]"It was very important to us that NVIDIA did not know exactly where to aim. As a result they seem to have over-engineered in some aspects creating a power-hungry monster which is going to be very expensive for them to manufacture. We have a beautifully balanced piece of hardware that beats them on pure performance, cost, scalability, future mobile relevance, etc. That's all because they didn't know what to aim at."
-R.Huddy[/I] [/SIZE]
digitalwanderer is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-24-03, 12:06 PM   #45
vampireuk
**** Holster

Send a message via AIM to vampireuk

I don't know what your deal is with NVIDIA now digi but you can't really expect NVIDIA to just die off. Like I said earlier they have screwed up so badly over this, lets all of us hope that they drop the PR stuff and get back to the actual products.
vampireuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-03, 12:09 PM   #46
Sazar
Sayonara !!!

Quote:
Originally posted by vampireuk
I don't know what your deal is with NVIDIA now digi but you can't really expect NVIDIA to just die off. Like I said earlier they have screwed up so badly over this, lets all of us hope that they drop the PR stuff and get back to the actual products.
the PR bs seems to have become a part of company strategy since the r300 was released... almost 1 yr...

and they KEEP getting caught with their pants down and just go with more FUD...

I dunno if they will change vamp

I used to detest nvidia as a company for its ethics (or lack thereof) but now... its beyond hatred... and their products they appear to be broken more than anticipated (ie vertex and pixel shaders per dx9 spec)

is there ANY hope of this bs ending anytime soon.. ?
Sazar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-03, 12:13 PM   #47
indio

don't get me wrong the do have enough assets to cover debts and liabiltiies and share's outstanding. Another hit like the NV30 would bury them because they would not be able to raise capitol through financing or stock offerings to pay for new R&D. If it wasn't for Nforce2 Nvidia would seen in quite a different light right now.

I would like to say this . I fell bad for the average Nvidia employee that has to be smeared in this . I can guarantee most of them had no part in any of the last 1 year but it is the average employee that will pay the price.

Last edited by indio; 05-24-03 at 12:17 PM.
Old 05-24-03, 12:14 PM   #48
vampireuk
**** Holster

Send a message via AIM to vampireuk

I think after this fiasco it will end soon, I wouldn't be suprised if some heads are rolling over all this The last few times they have been caught it seems not much happened. This time around there has been a huge amount of coverage on this. I'm personally hoping they pull their damn pants back up and get back in the game
vampireuk is offline   Reply With Quote