Go Back   nV News Forums > Hardware Forums > Benchmarking And Overclocking

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 05-24-03, 10:23 PM   #61
aaronspink

Quote:
Originally posted by Slappi
You obviously cannot read a financial statement. nVidia has a small Debt/equity. Here do some reading:

http://biz.yahoo.com/p/n/nvda.html
Commenting about reading and then not knowing how to read a D/E number????

Nvidia has a .32 D/E which is high. For example Intel has a .04, ATI has a .04.

Nvidia is carrying 32% of their total equity in debt. That is fairly large.
aaronspink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-03, 10:30 PM   #62
digitalwanderer

Quote:
Originally posted by aaronspink
Commenting about reading and then not knowing how to read a D/E number????

Nvidia has a .32 D/E which is high. For example Intel has a .04, ATI has a .04.

Nvidia is carrying 32% of their total equity in debt. That is fairly large.
Could someone explain that to me please in little words? I do NOT speak financeese and I have no clue what those words mean and I really want to!

Does this mean that nVidia doesn't really have bazillions of dollars and can't just blow off all these accusations?
[SIZE=1][I]"It was very important to us that NVIDIA did not know exactly where to aim. As a result they seem to have over-engineered in some aspects creating a power-hungry monster which is going to be very expensive for them to manufacture. We have a beautifully balanced piece of hardware that beats them on pure performance, cost, scalability, future mobile relevance, etc. That's all because they didn't know what to aim at."
-R.Huddy[/I] [/SIZE]
digitalwanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-03, 10:38 PM   #63
Clockwork
I was cured all right...

I don't know in little words, but this is the definition (cut & paste, lol):

Debt/Equity Ratio
The most recent quarter long-term debt divided by the most recent quarter common stock equity. The debt/equity ratio is a measure of the extent to which a firm's capital is provided by owners or lenders. Aggressive companies often rely more heavily on debt than conservative companies. A greater reliance on debt can mean greater profitability for shareholders, but also greater risk in the event things go sour. Generally the debt/equity ratio should be 30% or lower, but as with most ratios, this one varies by industry. Companies in industries that aren't very competitive or are subject to tight regulation can afford to carry more debt, as can companies whose markets tend to be reliable. Food makers, for instance, know that people have to eat. But even here, there are caveats. Cigarette companies were considered to be in a business with reliable demand and thus able to take on more debt, but the regulatory and legal climate is changing fast.
| AMD Athlon 64 3500+ | 1GB Corsair XMS Extreme Memory PC3200 DDR | GIGABYTE GA-K8NSNXP-939 nForce3 Ultra | WD 120GB SATA | BFG 6800GT OC w/ Zalman VF700cu | Pioneer DVR-A07XLA 8x DVD+-R/RW | Aopen 1640Pro-A 16x DVD | Cooler Master Cavalier 1 CAV-T01-WWA case | Ultra X-Connect 500watt psu | Windows XP Professional w/ SP2 |Samsung 193p+ 19" LCD
Clockwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-03, 10:58 PM   #64
digitalwanderer

Default Nope.

No, that just made my confusion increase by a couple of factors of ten.
[SIZE=1][I]"It was very important to us that NVIDIA did not know exactly where to aim. As a result they seem to have over-engineered in some aspects creating a power-hungry monster which is going to be very expensive for them to manufacture. We have a beautifully balanced piece of hardware that beats them on pure performance, cost, scalability, future mobile relevance, etc. That's all because they didn't know what to aim at."
-R.Huddy[/I] [/SIZE]
Old 05-24-03, 11:02 PM   #65
Nv40
Agent-Fx

Quote:
Originally posted by digitalwanderer
Pagh, just because the fanboys outweigh the more common sense and logical type doesn't necessarily make it more true.

The big argument there again seems to boil down to "3dm2k3 isn't a good game bench", which it ain't really supposed to be anyways.

Thanks for pointing out another fun place to play though, it's been a while since I posted at Guru3D...I kind of forgot about 'em.

i told you diferents points of view...
what happens DIgi? dont like to hear opinions diferents than yours ?
if you like to hear only what you like ,there are already other forums for that.
Nv40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-03, 11:25 PM   #66
digitalwanderer

Quote:
Originally posted by Nv40
what happens DIgi? dont like to hear opinions diferents than yours ?
No, I do get a little tired of hearing the same flawed arguments and half-truths told over and over though. Hell, I even get tired of proving them wrong anymore.

Spooky, I might be burned out on nV bashing already....who'd of thunk it.

Quote:
if you like to hear only what you like ,there are already other forums for that.
Really? Where, I'd love to join 'em!
-R.Huddy[/I] [/SIZE]
Old 05-24-03, 11:39 PM   #67
micron

Send a message via MSN to micron

Yea...the Guru3D forums.....I've been there a few times over the last couple of days. They so blindingly believe that Futuremark is satan, that it's pointless to post there. It figures that NV40 would bring them up. I dont even think NV40 cares about this whole cheating matter, he's just a bottom feeder, trolling for victims to mouth off to. You know when he signs off the web at night, he beats his dog.
HIS X1900GT IceQ 3 @700/1600 1.45v
micron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-03, 11:46 PM   #68
Solomon

Quote:
No, nVidia got in contact with me boss at EliteBastards about an e-mail I wrote him and some things I'd been saying about nVidia on the web. It caused some consternation and it ended up with me leaving staff at EliteBastards so nVidia can't try and get to me thru my friends again. I don't take the benchmark bit personal....but the strong-arm, behind the scene tactics I DO take personally when it involves my friends.

So yeah, I am enjoying this. I'm enjoying this immensly and plan to continue doing so.
So let me understand this correctly. Nvidia wrote the "Pro nVidia" EliteBastards about you and what you been saying on this matter and EliteBastards probably said to ya, "Dude... We are going to have to let you go because you aren't kissing nVidia's arse like us"... ? ?

You know what, you probably are better off without Elite Bastards. Aren't they the ones who tried to write that article to make it sound like nVidia didn't do no wrong?

Regards,
D. Solomon Jr.
*********.com
Solomon is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-25-03, 12:19 AM   #69
Nv40
Agent-Fx

Quote:
Originally posted by micron
Yea...the Guru3D forums.....I've been there a few times over the last couple of days. They so blindingly believe that Futuremark is satan, that it's pointless to post there. It figures that NV40 would bring them up. I dont even think NV40 cares about this whole cheating matter, he's just a bottom feeder, trolling for victims to mouth off to. You know when he signs off the web at night, he beats his dog.
hehe...

very funny ,, not im not that bad..
but i dont see anything wrong with listening others points of view .
you will find many interesting information when you allow to listen
others point of view , from others who think diferent than you...

people focuse to much in standar directx9 syntetic benchmarks ,
and even buy video cards ,for the scores of 3dmark alone. (valid or invalid)
without knowing that by the time we see games using 3dmark "vision" of directx9 games, there will be DIrectx10 cards already in the market..
Most played games according to gamespy today ,still are directx6/7 games.. but now we have DIrectx9 cards
i can't imagine just 1 game in the following years that will require a directx9
card as minimun. and top game engines HL2/Doom3/Ut2003 that will be guide of many other games of the future ,still are based around DX7/and Dx8. means by the time your new DIrectX _ card play those games ,there will be another DIrectx_. so unless you plann to stay with your video card for 3-4 years!!! , and unless Nvidia stop working closely with
gamedevelopers ,and unless game developers use the eficiency or lack
of eficiency of Futuremark programmers to stress video cards and
performance to its maximun limits.
then yes use 3dmark as a measure. but by that time ,you will need to upgrade your card. thats why i say ,just buy the better card for the games
you would like to play . thats the only thing that can tell you with accuracy
how your experience will be there.

Last edited by Nv40; 05-25-03 at 02:52 AM.
Nv40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-03, 12:34 AM   #70
micron

Send a message via MSN to micron

NV40,
You survived my verbal attack like a true champion, and didnt skip a beat in the point you were trying to get across.
Your a biased SOB(as am I)...but I totally respect you as a member of these forums now.
(I will probably still throw rocks at you though)
HIS X1900GT IceQ 3 @700/1600 1.45v
micron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-03, 01:11 AM   #71
Star_Hunter

Quote:
No, nVidia got in contact with me boss at EliteBastards about an e-mail I wrote him and some things I'd been saying about nVidia on the web. It caused some consternation and it ended up with me leaving staff at EliteBastards so nVidia can't try and get to me thru my friends again.

I don't take the benchmark bit personal....but the strong-arm, behind the scene tactics I DO take personally when it involves my friends.

So yeah, I am enjoying this. I'm enjoying this immensly and plan to continue doing so.
You act like this is something new for a company to do microsoft and intel do this on a daily basis yet I dont see anyone getting all pissed about it everyone just looks the other way.

As for nv3x I dont see the problem with having both an nv3x path and a r3xx. It ends up being like Amd vs. Intel. The athlon doesn't require much optimization, and will perform fairly predictably whether you structure things one way or another. The Intel P4, on the other hand, must to be specifically supported in order to shine against the athlon. The Question is why is no one willing to Optimize the NV3x then!!!

Last edited by Star_Hunter; 05-26-03 at 03:33 PM.
Star_Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-03, 05:33 AM   #72
Tsunami
Geforce fx 5900 ulta

why are you people in this forum it's clearly obvious you don't like nvidia what if nvidia were not cheating but were cheated maybe it was out of retaliation we will never know for certain but i'm with nvidia all the way. Everyone in this forum should be

shame on you all
Tsunami is offline   Reply With Quote