Go Back   nV News Forums > Hardware Forums > Benchmarking And Overclocking

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 05-24-03, 01:04 PM   #1
DSC

Default NV users, voice your displeasure

I think all Nv users should voice their extreme displeasure at what is going on and what Nvidia is doing recently.....

Although I may be perceived as an "Nvidiot", I don't really blindly defend them. You can see my previous posts here where I heavily slammed the NV30 and the BS that was put out about it. I'm not ignorant of the facts and I don't like 1 bit whats transpiring now. I believe the community has some influence, and it's time that we use it.

Although I don't believe in 3dmark03 being the be-all, end-all, CHEATING and INFLATING the score IS NOT ACCEPTABLE. Dropping IMAGE QUALITY is NOT ACCEPTABLE.

ATM I would like to do this to the ppl at Nvidia.

WTF are they thinking?!?!
DSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-03, 01:10 PM   #2
jAkUp
eat. sleep. overclock.

i would also have to say that im really upset by the recent driver events... i cannot believe they would resort to something like this, its wrong, and its false advertising. making someone believe your card is something that is not, is just wrong. i think games is where it all matters, but what nvidia did is just wrong.

i would also call myself and nvidiot, im a huge nvidia fan, i love my nv30 for everything i use it for, but i strongly disagree with the decisions that nvidia is making.
Old 05-24-03, 01:29 PM   #3
digitalwanderer

"Bad nVidia, BAD!!!!!"
[SIZE=1][I]"It was very important to us that NVIDIA did not know exactly where to aim. As a result they seem to have over-engineered in some aspects creating a power-hungry monster which is going to be very expensive for them to manufacture. We have a beautifully balanced piece of hardware that beats them on pure performance, cost, scalability, future mobile relevance, etc. That's all because they didn't know what to aim at."
-R.Huddy[/I] [/SIZE]
digitalwanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-03, 01:37 PM   #4
The Baron

Am I bothered by this? Yes. Am I surprised by it? No, not at all. Everybody cheats at 3DMark--EVERYBODY.

Now, if they were doing this in an actual game, I would feel very differently (and not give any money to NVIDIA for a long time). But nobody's blameless in this. Just one of those things.
Old 05-24-03, 01:39 PM   #5
jAkUp
eat. sleep. overclock.

Quote:
Originally posted by The Baron
Am I bothered by this? Yes. Am I surprised by it? No, not at all. Everybody cheats at 3DMark--EVERYBODY.
yes alot of people cheat in it... but not to the extent that nvidia did. they did anything and everything to make their product look better than what ati had.
Old 05-24-03, 01:46 PM   #6
The Baron

And so did Trident. And so did SiS.

The only thing that really bothers me is the amount of time they put into getting higher scores in 3Dmark. It's a stupid benchmark and it's generally useless.
Old 05-24-03, 01:49 PM   #7
john19055

I have been very satisfied with my TI4600 runs all the games I have with no problems SOF2, UR2, URT2, NFSHS2, GR, RSC.
john19055 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-03, 02:23 PM   #8
rellingsen

The 5900 Pro is a damn fast card in the benches. It tops the 9800 Pro in most of them. I'm not real impressed with the AA on the card from the screen shots but that may be fixed. It just happens to lose at 3DMark 2003. Which means they had no choice but to cheat. 3DMark scores to a super advanced user are only slightly helpful in the decision making but thats about it. The whole problem is the masses almost only see 3DMark scores with little other info. If you don't believe me just open any of the computer magazines and take a look at the reviews. I was just flipping thru June's Computer Gaming World and there was a review on the 9800 Pro. The review had almost nothing but the 3DMark 01 and 03 scores. They also partly base the power of their "Gaming Rig" on 3DMark scores. The higher the better right? I'll pretty much bet that the card with the highest scores will sell better if they are the same price.
SB Audigy 2-Klipsch Pro-Medias 4.1
22" Mitsubishi Diamond Pro 2070SB
2-ATA 100 7200 rpm WD Drives

Last edited by rellingsen; 05-24-03 at 04:35 PM.
rellingsen is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-24-03, 05:27 PM   #9
Morrow
Atari STE 4-bit color

The only thing which bothers me at the moment is when the GFFX 5900 Ultra will be available...
Morrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-03, 05:37 PM   #10
bkswaney
Mr. Extreme!

Send a message via Yahoo to bkswaney

I'll wait and see if NV address this.
If not I'll be getting a 256mb 9800 Pro
for my next card.
15.6 inch HD WideScreen
Nvidia 8200M-G 895mb
2Gig system ram
250Gig SATA 5400rpm HDrive
Vista Premium
bkswaney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-03, 07:42 PM   #11
StealthHawk

Quote:
Not everybody cheats to the extent of nvidia. Especially after nvidia pimped up the NV3x series so much.

Quote:
Now, if they were doing this in an actual game, I would feel very differently (and not give any money to NVIDIA for a long time). But nobody's blameless in this. Just one of those things.
They might be. Discussion.

Quote:
And so did Trident. And so did SiS.

The only thing that really bothers me is the amount of time they put into getting higher scores in 3Dmark. It's a stupid benchmark and it's generally useless.
The difference here is that SiS and Trident produce junk 3d hardware. We shouldn't expect or tolerate extreme cheating from an industry leader.
Old 05-24-03, 07:46 PM   #12
The Baron

As soon as it is shown that NVIDIA is cheating (actively cheating) in a game, I will buy no NVIDIA video cards for a year. Yes, even if NV40 is the be-all-end-all, I will refuse to buy it if they are cheating at Splinter Cell.

I'll buy an nForce 2 (or 3) of course, just because I hate Via even more, and Intel is just too expensive for my tastes.

So yeah. I've said that if NVIDIA is cheating at games, I'll stop supporting them. Anyone else care to join in?