Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > MMORPGs

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 09-07-09, 02:24 AM   #61
ATOJAR
Bish Bash Bosh

Send a message via MSN to ATOJAR
Default Re: AION: The tower of eternity

Intel i7 920 D0(Ultra-120 eXtreme) - ASUS P6T iX58 - 6GB Corsair DDR3 XMS3 1600MHz - Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Gamer - Corsair 120GB Force 3 SSD(Win7/apps) - Seagate Barracuda SATA II 500GB(storage/games) - LG W2452T 24" LCD 1920x1200 Monitor - MSI GTX 760 2GB - Windows 7 Ultimate X64 - Corsair 750W TX PSU - Antec 900 Case - Logitech G500 Mouse - Logitech G15 v2 Keyboard.
ATOJAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-09, 10:59 AM   #62
Ghosthunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by |MaguS| View Post
Wow, **** tons of lag. It's not even playable. I get a constant 60FPS and the game looks nice but with only 4 classes I can't see the game being very deep. I will try it again tomorrow but Im really just expecting Lineage 2 type gameplay...

i get no lag...and there are more then 4 classes, i think once you get to level 10 you get to pick your subclass which is really your class so there are like 8 classes
G.Skill 16 GB Ram DDR3-1600
EVGA GTX 680 SC
Crucial M4 128 GB SSD
2x Samsung 1 TB Spinpoint 7200 RPM SATA HD103SJ
WD SE16 7200 RPM SATA 640 GB
SAMSUNG 22X SATA DVD Burner
CORSAIR 750TX PSU
LIAN LI Lancool PC-K7B
Asus 25 inch VE258Q
Win7x64
Ghosthunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-09, 11:22 AM   #63
|MaguS|

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghosthunter View Post
i get no lag...and there are more then 4 classes, i think once you get to level 10 you get to pick your subclass which is really your class so there are like 8 classes
Ah, So it is Lineage 2...
Old 09-07-09, 12:39 PM   #64
Ghosthunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by |MaguS| View Post
Ah, So it is Lineage 2...
well i take it back last night i got no lag at all..today lagged to hell...

oh well
EVGA GTX 680 SC
Crucial M4 128 GB SSD
CORSAIR 750TX PSU
LIAN LI Lancool PC-K7B
Asus 25 inch VE258Q
Win7x64
Old 09-07-09, 01:22 PM   #65
Melfranks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghosthunter View Post
well i take it back last night i got no lag at all..today lagged to hell...

oh well
I agree, I could play last night but so far today it's impossible.

Speaking of Aion, my last MMO was Lineage 2 and although the graphics in Aion are nice they are a bit too "cartoony" for my taste.
There is something about L2 graphics that I really liked, maybe something about the Unreal engine they used.
The graphics were what put me off of WOW, but Aion looks much better than that.
I really want to give the game an honest try, this lag just sucks, especially since I have the day off.

Mel
Melfranks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-09, 04:52 PM   #66
alanon

The lag was horrible this morning, but the last few hours I can't even get in.

The closed beta back in June went very smooth for me, but for a game that is supposed to be launching soon, this is just horrible.
alanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-09, 09:26 PM   #67
Ghosthunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melfranks View Post
I agree, I could play last night but so far today it's impossible.

Speaking of Aion, my last MMO was Lineage 2 and although the graphics in Aion are nice they are a bit too "cartoony" for my taste.
There is something about L2 graphics that I really liked, maybe something about the Unreal engine they used.
The graphics were what put me off of WOW, but Aion looks much better than that.
I really want to give the game an honest try, this lag just sucks, especially since I have the day off.

Mel
Yeah the graphics are nice but I still think LOTRO looks nicer which I went back to playing today when I could not log on to AION

I think it still has the cartoony graphics like WoW but it still way better graphics then WoW

Overall I had fun last night, but still not sure if it is something I will stick with
EVGA GTX 680 SC
Crucial M4 128 GB SSD
CORSAIR 750TX PSU
LIAN LI Lancool PC-K7B
Asus 25 inch VE258Q
Win7x64
Old 09-08-09, 05:18 AM   #68
Ghosthunter

this was posted

Quote:
This message was posted as a news announcement in our Aion Beta Forums this morning, but as I know that our authentication script has been confirmed to not always be working as it should (will be fixed!), I will re-post it here so that everyone may be able to read.

Good morning everyone,

I hope many of you have had the chance to get into the game to experience and enjoy all the new things we have added since the end of closed beta. Our ambition is to shape Aion into a thoroughly polished product and with top notch service by launch, and this phase of open beta is an excellent time for us to analyze the situation, take in feedback and ultimately make that happen.

The night did not pass quite as smoothly as we had wished for, and we have been experiencing latency abnormalities - primarily on our North American servers. As I've been communicating in our various discussion threads here on the beta forums, your data and continued reports have been invaluable for us in our work to pinpoint the causes. Our Production team, Executive Producer, Live Operations team, Customer Services and of course Community team are all working together to make sure that we get to the bottom of this as soon as possible. My part in this has so far been to forward tendencies and to verify patterns. We are having a constant dialogue between the teams working on Aion, and even if theories sometimes prove to be wrong, we are now closer to a solution than we have ever been before. We do realize how game-breaking it is when performance isn't on the level it should be.

It has also been brought to my attention that some of you are experiencing GameGuard issues or other annoying bugs that are new to surface of earth. Rest assured that we are taking these in and investigating what we can do to have them sorted. The best idea, since these problems might be diverse and vary greatly in their nature, is to work together with our Tech Support in order to find out what is causing your particular issue.

Our team is using Twitter (@aion_ayase, @aion_xaen, @aion_amboss, @aion_liv) and I urge you all to have a look, even if you decide to use it only as an RSS feed. It's an invaluable channel for communication and allows us to post tiny snippets of information that might not suit pompous announcements.

What I want you to take away from this post is that our objective is crystal clear: We want you to enjoy the game as it should be enjoyed, and we are working very hard to get to a point where this is possible for each one of you.

Thank you for your continued reports and for your patience, guys.
EVGA GTX 680 SC
Crucial M4 128 GB SSD
CORSAIR 750TX PSU
LIAN LI Lancool PC-K7B
Asus 25 inch VE258Q
Win7x64

Old 09-08-09, 06:06 AM   #69
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Send a message via AIM to NarcissistZero

In other words:

"It's a BETA for a reason!"

Or something.
I gots one of them high powered gaming computers with an EVGA GTX 480 video thingy and a Q9550 processing device and also one of them Windows 7 64 operating programs with 4GB of some Corsair 1033 DDR2 ram.

Steam, Xbox Live and PSN: StingingVelvet
NarcissistZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-09, 09:10 AM   #70
nomec

I played for a little this weekend... I, too, suffered from the really bad lag issue. It all went away after the server maintenance yesterday and I got a few hours in. I like the patch so far as I played in a few of the CBs a few months back. Got my priest to level 11 and went with a cleric, which I will probably play at launch.

I really want to figure out how to get SLI and AF working in this game... my SLI visual indicator doesn't show SLI to be on. I think it has something to do with there being no .exe file and it being run from a .bin file. I hope they can fix it.
nomec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-09, 10:26 AM   #71
Sgt_Pitt

Give the game a chance before you write it off, it really opens up at lvl 10, when you get to the city and verteron, or whatever for teh asmodians.

Yeah the lag was horrible, but wasn't like that in closed beta.

There is so many systems, and upgrade paths as well as a huge crafting system.

pvp opens at about lvl 20 but you dont have to go to the pvp zones to level, you can stay in the other zones without the portals
Old 09-08-09, 01:41 PM   #72
Ghosthunter

right now I am playing a mage...but but not sure what class i really like...

i usually like scout or mage type classes

what do you think of the classes so far? pro/con?
EVGA GTX 680 SC
Crucial M4 128 GB SSD
CORSAIR 750TX PSU
LIAN LI Lancool PC-K7B
Asus 25 inch VE258Q
Win7x64