Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > General Software

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 12-01-08, 03:38 AM   #1
Vlahka

Default Fraps sound problems

I know this question has been asked a billion times and more then a billion places. I know. I've been trying to fix my problem all week and its driving me mental. Problem is as the heading states. Can only record voice. My problem is no matter WHAT combination I try it just doesnt fix it.

I'm using an X-Fi Gamers soundcard and a pair of eDimensional USB Headphones/mic unit on XP. Someone somewhere said USB will only record voice and never sound, but I'm checking this out fully since that doesnt sound right. Messing around in Left 4 Dead and nothing seems to work. I've found the mythical 'What U hear' setting, but this also does nothing for me. I really cant figure it out and I'm pretty much at the point where I'm just going to uninstall fraps. If anyones ever had this retarded problem and knows the exact settings I'd need to fix it I'd appreciate it. Like I've said, I've tried countless combos. Theres got to be SOMETHING I'm missing.
Vlahka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-08, 05:09 PM   #2
SLippe
R.I.P. Babe Thread

Default Re: Fraps sound problems

I take it you are trying to record video with FRAPS? Is it recording the sounds from the game, but not your voice or what?
SLippe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-08, 06:38 PM   #3
Vlahka

Yes. Recording video is no problem. If I'm not using my headset and just have my sound system plugged into the pc, fraps records game and sound no problem. But when I try to use my headset so I can use the microphone for team chat, it ONLY records my voice and not the game sound. Somethings blocking it. I've tried heaps of different settings like I mentioned above but nothings working. I cant figure it out.
Old 12-09-08, 01:42 AM   #4
Vlahka

Still hoping for some help on this if anyone knows
Old 12-09-08, 11:00 AM   #5
Bman212121

AFAIK you can only record one thing at a time in XP. Since your recording tab is tied up with teamspeak, fraps can only record that channel. If you're using Vista, they separated all of the recording inputs so it might be possible to do both at the same time.
Bman212121 is offline   Reply With Quote