Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Microsoft Windows XP And Vista

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 12-04-08, 01:15 AM   #37
mullet

Default Re: Why does Vista have to suck so bad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViN86 View Post
i hate how the PS3 doesnt play SNES games
HAHAH
Old 12-04-08, 08:05 AM   #38
ASUSEN7900GTX

here we go....where was it now??

hmmm can΄t remeber well well i blame the age the global warming...OHH andMS?

Asus P6t deluxe V2

"be to others as you want others to be against you"
some wiseass came up with it
ASUSEN7900GTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-08, 11:58 PM   #39
Medion

Quote:
Originally Posted by abtomat74 View Post
Vista does suck. I had a 5 year old 802.11b router that wouldn't run "properly" when I got Vista. So the EOL had been issued already a year earlier, big deal. Vista should have run it perfectly right out of the box rather than having me rebuy Dlink's hardware because they refused to write a simple driver for it.

Yea, Vista sucks at taking up the slack of hardware manufacturers who would rather you buy new hardware(duh, or is that big DUH!) instead of giving a bonus to their software writer(he's on a salary).
Are you serious!? You don't use a driver in Windows for a router. It's simple networking! You plug it in and configure it.
Medion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-08, 12:03 AM   #40
Redeemed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medion View Post
Are you serious!? You don't use a driver in Windows for a router. It's simple networking! You plug it in and configure it.

I believe he's referring to the manufacturer's software for configuring it. But I believe Vista will allow you to do all that, the manufacturer's software is not necessary, only optional. Vista has support for encryption and the likes built in.
Redeemed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-08, 12:11 AM   #41
nekrosoft13
I'm Geralt

Quote:
Vista does suck. I had a 5 year old 802.11b router that wouldn't run "properly" when I got Vista. So the EOL had been issued already a year earlier, big deal. Vista should have run it perfectly right out of the box rather than having me rebuy Dlink's hardware because they refused to write a simple driver for it.

Yea, Vista sucks at taking up the slack of hardware manufacturers who would rather you buy new hardware(duh, or is that big DUH!) instead of giving a bonus to their software writer(he's on a salary).
wow some people really need to learn computer 101
Old 12-05-08, 12:35 AM   #42
Medion

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekrosoft13 View Post
wow some people really need to learn computer 101
Bull****. It's Microsoft's fault and you know it. I can no longer plug my toaster in thanks to Vista, and I want MS to compensate me!
Medion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-08, 01:39 AM   #43
wshadow
Mac Tech by day...PC:)

Well, It wouldnt work, so I had them buy Xp pro, waiting on the software

Quote:
Originally Posted by wshadow View Post
Time and time again I find myself hating Vista more and more. Most recent is a Proxtime Attendance RX install on a laptop. Its has a serial to usb adapter that even with XP is kinda a stinker to get right, that one took me about 30 mins. Now dumb Vista Home Premium is suckin. I dloaded the newest version that is supposed to work with vista business and I am doing all the updates and I hope this works. If not, they will have to buy Xp pro or a new laptop with XP on it. I remember when XP came out it was like WOW, everything works well, hardly any driver issues etc. They need SP2 for Vista or something and the manufacturers need to start cranking out some good updates. Sorry for the vent but
p4 3.0 with 8ik1100, 1gig corsair 433 xms,6600 GT,enermax 460w, Silverstone lc03 black, logitech z-680, Samsung 910t, audigy 2,liteon external 8dvdrw,WD SATA 120gb, 36g raptor,DVD Xpress,nostromo n52,mx1000 . all powered by your mom!!!

The only state Palestine is, is a state of Terrorism.

United under GOD! If you arent under GOD, then dont call yourself American. Allah isnt GOD.
wshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-08, 09:53 AM   #44
mailman2
Ducking & Dodging

Try SP2, beta is out.
mailman2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-06-08, 05:18 PM   #45
Absolution
AbsoUI

Quote:
I was being sarcastic...and I meant to type FIRMWARE, not driver...surely that was obvious. Yes, the ancient firmware allowed a partial working internet only with Vista, and again, obviously this was the fault of DLink(no sarcasm). Networking is my weakest point as far as computers go and I was told the firmware is the issue.

Nekro, you even tried to solve the problem for me long ago, the firmware you suggested was for the model just above mine that would have worked. I'd be more than happy to take Networking 101, are you teaching it?

Anyway, again, I was being sarcastic. The fault was DLink's and the new router gives me the full speed I'd been paying for since they upgraded the line speeds here whereas the old one didn't.
You can't upgrade your router's firmware via a web service? That is truly a terribad router than. (I don't believe that is the case, I've never seen a router without a web service to configure it).
Absolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-08, 09:51 PM   #46
Absolution
AbsoUI

Quote:
How exactly do you upgrade firmware for a 5 year old router that was issued an End of Life notice a full year earlier? The latest firmware IS already installed. Not even websites that specialize in making firmware and drivers for older hardware had anything that worked for the model I had...that was my point. There was no upgrade, end of life.

And yes, it was a cheap router to begin with which is another reason it was "necessary" to purchase a new one.
Ah, but that still isn't Microsoft's fault that your router apparently doesn't conform to standards. If it did, it would work.

Routers should work on any os.
Absolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-08, 03:43 PM   #47
XDanger
Whaaat?

Sarcasm works really well over the internets...