Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-21-08, 11:18 PM   #613
Destroy
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 3,994
Default Re: GTA IV PC Official Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekrosoft13 View Post
i so wish this game would have seasons, winter would be nice
Give it a year or so, I'm sure it will come.
__________________

Vista64 Home Premium
Gigabyte GA-EP35C-DS3R
CPU E8500 with Corsair H50 cooler
HIS 6970, always 19x10res
Memory 8 Gig OCZ 1000@1024
Display Westinghouse 37" LVM-37w1 LCD monitor
Destroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-08, 12:59 AM   #614
ATi
RooR
 
ATi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 1,500
Default Re: GTA IV PC Official Thread

That whould be a good mod
__________________
Intel Core i5-2500K @4.3
ASUS P8P67 (REV 3.0)
msi GTX295
G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB 2 x 4GB 1648
HD1.5tb
Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium
corsair620HX
Windows7 64 home premium
Dell LED G2210
ATi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-08, 02:06 AM   #615
glObalist
working as intended
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 935
Default Re: GTA IV PC Official Thread

Any nice mods out yet?
__________________
Intel E8400 C2D 3Ghz @ 3.6Ghz ---> ASUS P5Q Pro <--- 2x2GB PATRIOT DDR2 800Mhz
PALIT Sonic HD4850 1GB DDR3 <---> BENQ FP241W 24" LCD
M-AUDIO FireWire 410 <---> Logitech Z-5400 5.1 THX
Quote:
All MMO's are now baby-school weak. The only good MMO's make your eyes bleed and force you to eat glass. In my day we had to walk uphill in the snow 5 miles *JUST* to log in.
glObalist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-08, 03:28 AM   #616
HiCZoK4
 
HiCZoK4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Poland
Posts: 3,467
Default Re: GTA IV PC Official Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekrosoft13 View Post
he is one of those blind gamers, that always will say 360 looks better.
You guys dont understand me. I said that pc looks sharper and less blurry= better than 360. But i still like playing gta4 on console. I am not that graphics *****, I dont really carre are 360 graphics are worse than pc. I just like to sit and play:P And in my house where i dont have desk for keyboard etc. its much easier to me to play on couch
HiCZoK4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-08, 05:10 AM   #617
Koko56
Registered User
 
Koko56's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: UK
Posts: 1,970
Default Re: GTA IV PC Official Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by NarcissistZero View Post
Which is why I put "for people with low fps" at the end.
lol, I said, the low fps make it hard to drive, right, well that implies that I have them.


I don't know if I'm being "srs" about it, I've just seen a lot of people say the game "runs like crap and doesn't even look better than the console version" and this video clearly and obviously shows the PC version looks a whooooole ton better than the console version.

If someone still prefers the 360 version for its actual benefits, like plug n' play or less expense, then I have no problem with that, I buy console games myself a lot of the time.
That PC was pretty powerful quite possibly more powerful than for most of us, yet it still encountered stutters. Looked better, but the dipping is just **** to put it simply. Whatever they have recorded it with might've added to the stuttering, but still... somehow it makes little sense that a DVD can load maps faster than an HD... sure - there is a lot more to be loaded on the PC some might say, but for the most part that stuttering is present on any settings for me after a while of playing the game. :/

As for saying that the 360 version looks better... well I can't really compare now as it's been a while since I've played the 360 version, but possibly because people might've been expecting more from the PC visually, they were left a bit disappointed.
__________________
I want a rig that can play Crysis the way I can play Far Cry now.
Koko56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-08, 06:45 AM   #618
nekrosoft13
I'm Geralt
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Chicagoland, once a year in Poland
Posts: 24,366
Default Re: GTA IV PC Official Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koko56 View Post
That PC was pretty powerful quite possibly more powerful than for most of us, yet it still encountered stutters. Looked better, but the dipping is just **** to put it simply. Whatever they have recorded it with might've added to the stuttering, but still... somehow it makes little sense that a DVD can load maps faster than an HD... sure - there is a lot more to be loaded on the PC some might say, but for the most part that stuttering is present on any settings for me after a while of playing the game. :/
I have been playing this game for 2+ weeks now, i'm about 40+% done. I only had few slow downs before the patch. After the patch everything is smooth as butter, single card with quad. no crazy i7 or Sli system.

You really don't know much about Fraps recording do you? Fraps records uncompresses video, it can create 1GB file in under a minute (or faster depends on res). Plus Fraps creates quite a big strain on CPU and memory.

Just because you can't make it run well, don't make it sound like it runs bad for everyone. If you compare the resolution and settings that most people play here with are atleast 2-4x times higher then those on console.
__________________
Windows 8 the next big failure, right after Windows ME
nekrosoft13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-08, 06:53 AM   #619
nekrosoft13
I'm Geralt
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Chicagoland, once a year in Poland
Posts: 24,366
Default Re: GTA IV PC Official Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiCZoK4 View Post
You guys dont understand me. I said that pc looks sharper and less blurry= better than 360. But i still like playing gta4 on console. I am not that graphics *****, I dont really carre are 360 graphics are worse than pc. I just like to sit and play:P And in my house where i dont have desk for keyboard etc. its much easier to me to play on couch
Weird, I usually stand, sometimes I jump while playing. Sitting is so overrated
__________________
Windows 8 the next big failure, right after Windows ME
nekrosoft13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-08, 07:11 AM   #620
Koko56
Registered User
 
Koko56's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: UK
Posts: 1,970
Default Re: GTA IV PC Official Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekrosoft13 View Post
I have been playing this game for 2+ weeks now, i'm about 40+% done. I only had few slow downs before the patch. After the patch everything is smooth as butter, single card with quad. no crazy i7 or Sli system.

You really don't know much about Fraps recording do you? Fraps records uncompresses video, it can create 1GB file in under a minute (or faster depends on res). Plus Fraps creates quite a big strain on CPU and memory.

Just because you can't make it run well, don't make it sound like it runs bad for everyone. If you compare the resolution and settings that most people play here with are atleast 2-4x times higher then those on console.


What the ****? :/ I said that FRAPS might've added to the drops, but for me it occurred regardless...

as for making it "sound bad" for thew others, that's just your interpretation, mate.
__________________
I want a rig that can play Crysis the way I can play Far Cry now.
Koko56 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-22-08, 04:45 PM   #621
WeReWoLf
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Australia
Posts: 5,015
Send a message via MSN to WeReWoLf
Default Re: GTA IV PC Official Thread

Well, i just got the game. Installed and patched of course. The only sound i get though is the Radio Stations and the Voice during cutscenes. Is there any way to fix that?

Vista 64, Creative Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS.
WeReWoLf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-08, 07:17 PM   #622
nekrosoft13
I'm Geralt
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Chicagoland, once a year in Poland
Posts: 24,366
Default Re: GTA IV PC Official Thread

latest drivers for sound?
__________________
Windows 8 the next big failure, right after Windows ME
nekrosoft13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-08, 07:33 PM   #623
six_storm
Registered User
 
six_storm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Nashvegas
Posts: 11,575
Send a message via Skype™ to six_storm
Default Re: GTA IV PC Official Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeReWoLf View Post
Well, i just got the game. Installed and patched of course. The only sound i get though is the Radio Stations and the Voice during cutscenes. Is there any way to fix that?

Vista 64, Creative Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS.
Did you do the benchmark before you played? I had that happen but once I turned the game off and tried again, it worked properly.
six_storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-08, 02:48 AM   #624
evox
:3
 
evox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: India
Posts: 2,254
Default Re: GTA IV PC Official Thread

Woo, got my copy atlast.

Hate eBay sometimes.
evox is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Official GeForce GTX 670 Review and Discussion Thread MikeC NVIDIA GeForce 600 Series 23 10-28-12 10:19 AM
Official nForce 2 Thread Matthyahuw CPUs, Motherboards And Memory 148 04-16-03 04:39 AM
Official Linux driver 1.0-3123 thread bammbamm808 NVIDIA Linux 126 12-05-02 06:21 PM
Official Grand Theft Auto 3 thread volt Gaming Central 6 08-01-02 07:04 AM

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:38 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 1998 - 2014, nV News.