Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 12-21-08, 11:18 PM   #613
Destroy

Default Re: GTA IV PC Official Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekrosoft13 View Post
i so wish this game would have seasons, winter would be nice
Give it a year or so, I'm sure it will come.

Vista64 Home Premium
Gigabyte GA-EP35C-DS3R
CPU E8500 with Corsair H50 cooler
HIS 6970, always 19x10res
Memory 8 Gig OCZ 1000@1024
Display Westinghouse 37" LVM-37w1 LCD monitor
Destroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-08, 12:59 AM   #614
ATi
RooR

That whould be a good mod
G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB 2 x 4GB 1648
HD1.5tb
Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium
corsair620HX
Windows7 64 home premium
Dell LED G2210
ATi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-08, 02:06 AM   #615
glObalist
working as intended

Any nice mods out yet?
Quote:
All MMO's are now baby-school weak. The only good MMO's make your eyes bleed and force you to eat glass. In my day we had to walk uphill in the snow 5 miles *JUST* to log in.
glObalist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-08, 03:28 AM   #616
HiCZoK4

Quote:
he is one of those blind gamers, that always will say 360 looks better.
You guys dont understand me. I said that pc looks sharper and less blurry= better than 360. But i still like playing gta4 on console. I am not that graphics *****, I dont really carre are 360 graphics are worse than pc. I just like to sit and play:P And in my house where i dont have desk for keyboard etc. its much easier to me to play on couch
HiCZoK4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-08, 05:10 AM   #617
Koko56

Quote:
Originally Posted by NarcissistZero View Post
Which is why I put "for people with low fps" at the end.
lol, I said, the low fps make it hard to drive, right, well that implies that I have them.

I don't know if I'm being "srs" about it, I've just seen a lot of people say the game "runs like crap and doesn't even look better than the console version" and this video clearly and obviously shows the PC version looks a whooooole ton better than the console version.

If someone still prefers the 360 version for its actual benefits, like plug n' play or less expense, then I have no problem with that, I buy console games myself a lot of the time.
That PC was pretty powerful quite possibly more powerful than for most of us, yet it still encountered stutters. Looked better, but the dipping is just **** to put it simply. Whatever they have recorded it with might've added to the stuttering, but still... somehow it makes little sense that a DVD can load maps faster than an HD... sure - there is a lot more to be loaded on the PC some might say, but for the most part that stuttering is present on any settings for me after a while of playing the game. :/

As for saying that the 360 version looks better... well I can't really compare now as it's been a while since I've played the 360 version, but possibly because people might've been expecting more from the PC visually, they were left a bit disappointed.
Old 12-22-08, 06:45 AM   #618
nekrosoft13
I'm Geralt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koko56 View Post
That PC was pretty powerful quite possibly more powerful than for most of us, yet it still encountered stutters. Looked better, but the dipping is just **** to put it simply. Whatever they have recorded it with might've added to the stuttering, but still... somehow it makes little sense that a DVD can load maps faster than an HD... sure - there is a lot more to be loaded on the PC some might say, but for the most part that stuttering is present on any settings for me after a while of playing the game. :/
I have been playing this game for 2+ weeks now, i'm about 40+% done. I only had few slow downs before the patch. After the patch everything is smooth as butter, single card with quad. no crazy i7 or Sli system.

You really don't know much about Fraps recording do you? Fraps records uncompresses video, it can create 1GB file in under a minute (or faster depends on res). Plus Fraps creates quite a big strain on CPU and memory.

Just because you can't make it run well, don't make it sound like it runs bad for everyone. If you compare the resolution and settings that most people play here with are atleast 2-4x times higher then those on console.
Old 12-22-08, 06:53 AM   #619
nekrosoft13
I'm Geralt

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiCZoK4 View Post
You guys dont understand me. I said that pc looks sharper and less blurry= better than 360. But i still like playing gta4 on console. I am not that graphics *****, I dont really carre are 360 graphics are worse than pc. I just like to sit and play:P And in my house where i dont have desk for keyboard etc. its much easier to me to play on couch
Weird, I usually stand, sometimes I jump while playing. Sitting is so overrated
Old 12-22-08, 07:11 AM   #620
Koko56

Quote:
I have been playing this game for 2+ weeks now, i'm about 40+% done. I only had few slow downs before the patch. After the patch everything is smooth as butter, single card with quad. no crazy i7 or Sli system.

You really don't know much about Fraps recording do you? Fraps records uncompresses video, it can create 1GB file in under a minute (or faster depends on res). Plus Fraps creates quite a big strain on CPU and memory.

Just because you can't make it run well, don't make it sound like it runs bad for everyone. If you compare the resolution and settings that most people play here with are atleast 2-4x times higher then those on console.

What the ****? :/ I said that FRAPS might've added to the drops, but for me it occurred regardless...

as for making it "sound bad" for thew others, that's just your interpretation, mate.

Old 12-22-08, 04:45 PM   #621
WeReWoLf

Send a message via MSN to WeReWoLf

Well, i just got the game. Installed and patched of course. The only sound i get though is the Radio Stations and the Voice during cutscenes. Is there any way to fix that?

Vista 64, Creative Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS.
WeReWoLf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-08, 07:17 PM   #622
nekrosoft13
I'm Geralt

latest drivers for sound?
Old 12-22-08, 07:33 PM   #623
six_storm

Send a message via Skype™ to six_storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeReWoLf View Post
Well, i just got the game. Installed and patched of course. The only sound i get though is the Radio Stations and the Voice during cutscenes. Is there any way to fix that?

Vista 64, Creative Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS.
Did you do the benchmark before you played? I had that happen but once I turned the game off and tried again, it worked properly.
six_storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-08, 02:48 AM   #624
evox
:3

Woo, got my copy atlast.

Hate eBay sometimes.
evox is offline   Reply With Quote