Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 12-05-08, 04:44 PM   #85
glObalist
working as intended

Default Re: GTA 4 Graphics tweak thread - Lets make this thing work FFS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sMull View Post
Save yourself a lot of headache and play GTA3, or Vice City, or San Andreas, or Mafia, they will all look 10 times better and run 10 times better. It's beyond me why you want to run a 2008 game which makes high end system suffer on such an outdated PC like yours.
WTF are you talking about? How are those games even remotely looking better than GTA4? Will the crybabies just finally shut up and enjoy the game? Please?

GTA3:

GTA VC:

GTA SA:

Mafia:

GTAIV:

Please???
Quote:
All MMO's are now baby-school weak. The only good MMO's make your eyes bleed and force you to eat glass. In my day we had to walk uphill in the snow 5 miles *JUST* to log in.
glObalist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-08, 05:00 PM   #86
JasonPC

Yeah seriously it's not that bad. The PC versions of the previous GTAs didn't look THAT much better than the console versions, the only thing was that you could run it at a much higher resolution. If you have a budget gaming computer you should be able to run this on medium at higher resolution than the console version. Some people will never be happy.
JasonPC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-08, 06:02 PM   #87
1ajs

Quote:
Originally Posted by digitised View Post
If you are talking about those circular things in your screenshot, thats mipmapping, you need to disable any mipmapping options you have enabled.
Im sure its in the nvidia panel, if its already disabled youll need to find some other solution since its obviously forced in some way by your card.
don't see an option for mipmaping what would it be under :S
1ajs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-08, 06:19 PM   #88
digitised

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ajs View Post
don't see an option for mipmaping what would it be under :S
it says

'enable mipmaps'

As long as you are using up to date drivers it should be there, unless your card is so old and basic that they are forced by default and omit this in the panel. In which case i have no idea how to help you.
digitised is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-08, 06:27 PM   #89
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Send a message via AIM to NarcissistZero

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViN86 View Post
probably the funniest thing about this whole mess is the fact that the PC crowd was like "OMG that looks so bad on PS3 and 360! PC will be so much better!"

now most of them can barely run it with high end machines
Console is equivalent to running the game with everything at low... the game looks MUCH better on PC. I put like 50 hours into the 360 version, you can trust me, the game looks MUCH better on PC even at medium settings.

Also, "high end machines" can MAX the f'ing game out. If I read one more time "slideshow even on high-end machines" I am going to go out of my mind. I have the CHEAPEST quad you can buy basically and a single GTX 260, the LOW end of the new cards, and I can MAX this sucker. MAX IT TO THE MOON. So please stop.
NarcissistZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-08, 06:30 PM   #90
1ajs

Quote:
it says

'enable mipmaps'

As long as you are using up to date drivers it should be there, unless your card is so old and basic that they are forced by default and omit this in the panel. In which case i have no idea how to help you.
does not seem to make any difrence the blobs wich seem to be anoything inside the apartment.. anyhow i can make it outside with some patents due to low fps lol even did some driving around lol but dam lol

Old 12-05-08, 06:37 PM   #91
digitised

Quote:
does not seem to make any difrence the blobs wich seem to be anoything inside the apartment.. anyhow i can make it outside with some patents due to low fps lol even did some driving around lol but dam lol

No, thats how the game looks
digitised is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-08, 06:56 PM   #92
1ajs

Quote:
No, thats how the game looks
yep lol

Old 12-06-08, 12:34 AM   #93
Lakigucci

Quote:

Black / Missing Textures
Cause: Corrupt graphics drivers
Solution: Alternate solution: http://forums.steampowered.com/forum...d.php?t=762080
Notes: Some users have reported that reducing their game resolution fixed the no texture issue

Source: Steamwebsite.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You can also experiment with this!
All commands to increase or decrease ur vid/sound settings.

http://forums.steampowered.com/forum...d.php?t=761829
Lakigucci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-08, 04:43 AM   #94
1ajs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakigucci View Post
Black / Missing Textures
Cause: Corrupt graphics drivers
Solution: Alternate solution: http://forums.steampowered.com/forum...d.php?t=762080
Notes: Some users have reported that reducing their game resolution fixed the no texture issue

Source: Steamwebsite.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You can also experiment with this!
All commands to increase or decrease ur vid/sound settings.

http://forums.steampowered.com/forum...d.php?t=761829
txs... but nvidia tells me to go to gateways site witch only has vista drivers for my laptop

and i didn't get this game through steam i went and bought it the old fashond way
Old 12-06-08, 05:04 AM   #95
1ajs

and the drivers avail on nvidias site wont install and now i am stuck with no drivers gah! now i am kinda screwed

i hate when people that set things up for u never keep a folder with all the drivers they used stored somewhere on the comp :S
Old 12-06-08, 06:51 AM   #96
Toss3
.<<o>>.

Quote:
and the drivers avail on nvidias site wont install and now i am stuck with no drivers gah! now i am kinda screwed

i hate when people that set things up for u never keep a folder with all the drivers they used stored somewhere on the comp :S
Fixing the missing texture problem: Try installing rivatuner 2.20 and resetting the driver settings to their defaults(using rivatuner and then rebooting).
Fixing the driver issue: Post your specs of your laptop - what happens when you try installing the ones you downloaded off nvidia's website?