Go Back   nV News Forums > Linux Support Forums > NVIDIA Linux

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 12-10-08, 12:51 PM   #13
MarkG

Default Re: VDPAU - Persistant failure after invalid VdpVideoSurfaceGetBitsYCbCr call

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Warren View Post
@MarkG

That clip you posted was the clip you needed to power cycle after, right? If it's *just* a green screen and no playback, but other clips play after, then that's a different bug.
Yes, that file generates an immediate green screen and it never plays any file again until after a power cycle.

Mark
MarkG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-08, 09:11 PM   #14
kormoc

Default Re: VDPAU - Persistant failure after invalid VdpVideoSurfaceGetBitsYCbCr call

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Warren View Post
@kormoc,
You said "Why is it cliaming the card never renders the buffers?". I don't see any errors in the log, although I obviously didn't read every line; everything looks like it should be working fine based on the log.

Can you point at the specific error message you're talking about?

Thanks.
Certainly,

Quote:
A: 17.8 V: 7.1 A-V: 10.616 ct: 0.595 174/174 7% 7969% 2.4% 34 0 ^[[J^M
Too many video packets in the buffer: (4096 in 3948080 bytes).Maybe you are playing a non-interleaved stream/file or the codec failed?For AVI files, try to force non-interleaved mode with the -ni option.
vdp_video_surface_put_bits_y_cb_cr(4, 1, {0x13fec00, 0x1461c00, 0x147a800}, {704, 352, 352}, )
It starts to do something like that fairly early in the ffmpeg12 codec run, and when it does that, it pauses for a few seconds between frame update attempts, it takes well over half a hour to play back that 30 second twister clip.

If you notice, the (4096 in blah bytes) increases at a rate (seemingly) consistent with the buffer never actually getting flushed, just always appended to.

This only happens with the mplayer patched with your patches. I have no idea what it means, but it seems related to the VDPAU issue imho.
kormoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-08, 06:33 PM   #15
kormoc

updated to .16, still doing the same thing
Old 12-13-08, 07:42 PM   #16
darklegion

I remember the green screen problem used to occur in the past with mplayer + xv and certain nvidia driver versions.Maybe something similar is happening now with vdpau? In the past you could get around this by using "mplayer -vo gl2" or "-vo x11" but vdpau uses xv, correct?
darklegion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-08, 07:58 PM   #17
kormoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by darklegion View Post
I remember the green screen problem used to occur in the past with mplayer + xv and certain nvidia driver versions.Maybe something similar is happening now with vdpau? In the past you could get around this by using "mplayer -vo gl2" or "-vo x11" but vdpau uses xv, correct?
This isn't a pure green screen, it's a very corrupt screen.

the vo is set to vdpau, which is required for vdpau, using any other vo setting won't allow vdpau to work.
Old 01-19-09, 09:29 PM   #18
kormoc

Update: Still broken with 180.22.

One thought was that I might have over-wrote some of the card's firmware, is there anyway I can reflash the firmware?